Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-05-2020, 06:42 PM   #31
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus
Re: Price hike for 2020?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
We know Studio Series is going up to $35/$45/$75 but we aren’t yet sure if Siege/Earthrise is too.
After Shockwave and Devastator, I'm completely finished with Studio Series.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 07:10 PM   #32
justprime
Animated

Earth raise is already showen that there will be a price hike by both retailers and online vendors hasbro/tomy are betting on the collectors market here to support them ....after seeing there crowd funding sucess, there headging there bets that it will continue.....its amazing the 70.00 price tag for the earth raise prime leader priced for voyager size ..and cyberverse and rescue bots to follow.....
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 11:43 AM   #33
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Yep. That was such nonsense. That wasn't studio series, and they were literally RERELEASING toys from AOE in new colors for ten bucks more.
What's nuts is that some of those rereleased toys actually sold well. That rereleased Bee was the hottest selling toy that year, it was sold out everywhere. And that grey grimlock sold well enough to never end up in liquidation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justprime View Post
Earth raise is already showen that there will be a price hike by both retailers and online vendors
The prices on amazon are the only wide retail listings we have so far for these and they do not show a price hike so I do not know what you are referring to.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 12:29 PM   #34
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
After Shockwave and Devastator, I'm completely finished with Studio Series.
Until they release Sentinel Prime?
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 01:49 PM   #35
Marcotron
Robot Master

Hasbro has become their own scalper...
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 03:14 PM   #36
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Until they release Sentinel Prime?
Lol, ok, maybe I'll get that one too.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 03:28 PM   #37
Fretburn
Machine War

Yeah, Siege and SS have priced me out of the hobby.

Fortunately, nearly all mainline figures appear on the aftermarket -locally- within a few years of release for relative peanuts. There are two Metroplexes in my town for sale right now around $100.

But $30 for a deluxe is utterly ridiculous. $70 for a voyager (that's really just a slightly larger deluxe) with a few accessories that peg on? FOH with that insanity.
Fretburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 04:10 PM   #38
zhaobinis1
Beasty

Meanwhile the actual price of TF figures in large Asian markets like China has not changed much since Combiner wars. They are sold for approximately $22/$31/$45 converted to CAD for D/V/L size respectively when they first hit the market, and the price go down to $12/$18/$32 when the stock is abundant after half a year or so. Of course China has its own benefits of being a super large market similar to the US, closer to factories so shipping cost is lower, multiple source of products ranging from official release version to varies self-imported versions to guarantee a steady stock. But to me it is clear that Hasbro is deliberately overcharging the Canadian customers for whatever reasons. For example, Hot wheels diecast cars are $1 USD in the US and $1.25 CAD here, which is actually lower than the currency exchange rate. The ratio for Lego products ranges from 1.2 to 1.4 CAD/USD, similar to exchange rate. Hasbro, on the other hand, sells deluxe 29.99/19.99=1.5, voyager 40/30=1.33 (now 45/30=1.5), leader 70/50=1.4 (now 75/50=1.5).
zhaobinis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 06:04 PM   #39
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by justprime View Post
Earth raise is already showen that there will be a price hike by both retailers and online vendors hasbro/tomy are betting on the collectors market here to support them ....after seeing there crowd funding sucess, there headging there bets that it will continue.....its amazing the 70.00 price tag for the earth raise prime leader priced for voyager size ..and cyberverse and rescue bots to follow.....
You're not being entirely accurate. Prime has a big ass trailer; plastic wise he has all the stuff needed to be a "leader." The bot is voyager size but he's prime with a full trailer. 70 buck leader class is what they're going for in Siege.

I'm 50/50 on the recent leader offerings. Shockwave and Astrotrain are terrible in terms of how they are voyagers with plastic kibble. Magnus and Galaxy Prime are big ass robots. Earthrise OP is a classic prime with trailer in size with most of the line.

But leaders continuing to be "voyagers, with extra crap" is not a trend I love. I want a big ass robot!

None of that justifies the initial bloated price bump or the new one. And I have the same feelings about Unicron. Hasbro got what they wanted, even if they had to game their own fucking system to do it; they know they can keep raising prices and most of the moron diehards will continue to pay.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 06:08 PM   #40
justprime
Animated

Since hasbro has such lousy distrabution and stock restock practices means most will by online ...bbt has earth raise op up preorder for example 54.99 u.s. at current exchange can thats 71 and change can not counting shipping and card fees and i will wait to see what retailers here will charge for this figure....
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote