Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-11-2018, 04:47 PM   #51
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt
Re: I said I wouldn’t and I did. Go "figure."

WOW! That thing is spectacular!
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 05:19 PM   #52
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landstander View Post
So my prediction was right, I would do it again, but I do not like to flaunt my powers. Awesome figure, but who does not like dragons? I don’t do third-party figures, but if I did this would be an absolute must bye. I will be back to see what’s next.
lol flaunt away and yes this was a must buy for me but it's hit and miss among the community for QC

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivelyken View Post
WOW! That thing is spectacular!
He truly is, yyeesss!
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:50 PM   #53
Landstander
Generation 2

That is too bad about the qc issues I hope your figure escaped anything too bad. I would be using it to terrorize any of the mainline master class figures for sure.

Last edited by Landstander; 12-11-2018 at 10:56 PM.
Landstander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 11:04 PM   #54
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landstander View Post
That is too bad about the qc issues I hope your figure escaped anything too bad. I would be using it to terrorize any of the mainline master class figures for sure.
Mine was fine couple small issues that were easily remedied with tightening the screws in the tail. I didn't seem to have the issues 2 or 3 reviewers had
Old 12-12-2018, 07:43 AM   #55
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Dec 12 - Nucleon Quest Super Convoy played by Fans Hobby MB-06A Black Power Baser

Wow, just stunning would be the first thing I would say about this, especially regarding the core bot. I don’t know what it is about it but the blue colour on his chest is nothing short of incredible. I did get the original Power Baser so not much in way of differences until you hit the fully combined mode. The Power Master is fine, the core bot has good articulation and allows for some really dynamic posing. I did see the pictorial review from RaidenisOP/Plastic Spark and have to say his review was bang on so I can’t say anything different. The biggest disappointment I would have to say is definitely the big guys articulated fingers. It was a nice touch and they should have been on the original (I am not buying the kit given what that figure costs it should have been done the first time around) but the fingers are all the same length and just doesn’t look right IMO so really didn’t focus on them much. Overall though he is quite the beast of a figure and really have to thank BoNKerS/Foibles Toy Chest for putting him in my hands at the AFE.

Even though he is not meant to be a Nemesis (and thank you to hard_return for pointing out who he really is) I will use him as a “Nemesis” in the Unicron Detolf as he fits really well there. If you are on the fence about getting him, then I say do it IF you don’t have the original. If you have the original then you don’t need to as you won’t be getting anything new enough to justify the cost so to speak. I honestly got him because I thought the upgrade for the first was included, not realizing the upgrade was done on this fig. The bonus Matrix was also a nice touch but really a shame in doesn’t integrate into the bot in some way. Either way good figure overall and definite recommend.

Part 1 Truck Mode

Part 2 Hi-Q

Old 12-12-2018, 07:45 AM   #56
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Part 3 Core Bot

Part 4 Combined

Old 12-13-2018, 07:50 AM   #57
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Dec 13 - Decepticon Pretender Octopunch with Solus Prime

I'm almost afraid to think of what Predahank thinks of this one lol

Old 12-13-2018, 10:04 AM   #58
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Dec 13 - Decepticon Pretender Octopunch with Solus Prime

I'm almost afraid to think of what Predahank thinks of this one lol
I have those, they look so much more amazing in your photos. I'm glad to know mine have the same potential, great job!
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 07:58 AM   #59
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post
I have those, they look so much more amazing in your photos. I'm glad to know mine have the same potential, great job!
Thanks
Old 12-14-2018, 08:00 AM   #60
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Dec 14 - Omega Sentinel played by WeiJiang Omega Drone

Should I have gone with Guardian or Omega Sentinel with this guy name wise? I guess it didn’t occur to me until last night that the first time we saw them in the G1 cartoon (well for anyone going back that far) they were Guardian Robots but over the last 10 years or so the Sentinel name was applied so out of memory I just went with that. Well it arrived as I was concerned with the rotating postal strikes. I wasn’t sure if this would get here in time even though I did order it early enough but lo and behold here it is and I’d have to say it’s probably the biggest package I had delivered to date. I know the reason for all the free delivery that comes out of China but it sucks that when it comes to our local suppliers they can’t get the free shipping to them as I’d rather spend the money towards supporting them as opposed to having to get it from overseas. But enough of that back to the reason why you’re here today.
I decided to get this in spite of Hasbro doing Omega Supreme as I am sure that the SDCC exclusive figure will be Omega Sentinel and will be the same cost as this anyway and I just want to get closer to the end of MP scale figs as they take up so much room. May have to empty more Detolfs if I go that route but I really like where my collection is going and how it has evolved over the years. Are these as nice as FT or DX9? Probably not but it is less $ and #closeenough .
Well holy shit this thing is big and heavy and not delivered as it was signature required so I had to go and pick it up. Small problem though as I took my Mustang to go pick it up and as you can see I couldn’t exactly hide it in the trunk so the wife wouldn’t see and I knew a few friends were laughing their asses off when I showed them. Anyway I got him in the house figuring it was padding so the box was much smaller but nope just a layer of plastic, the outer box and damn it was just there. Not that it is much taller than a Gen Metroplex box but it was deeper.

I will say he is far more impressive in hand than any pics I have ever seen and heavy as shit. Good overall construction, ratchets strong as almighty heck and loud, good grief I thought I needed hearing protection. If I ever decided to have him lift Trypticon I would never worry about him falling over. The legs have good poseability but I was hoping for just a bit more but I can’t complain. Now unlike the Omega version this guy comes with a bonus face (which I’m going to leave on) I guess to homage Lugnut from TFA when he became Omega cloned, I don’t know. Transformation is pretty simple except for the leg positioning and don’t look at the instructions, there is no point cause they suck. The voice clips are exactly the same as Ultima Guard so no difference there. They are bright enough as well to really make him shine. The way the wings/tracks fold up makes him very, very back heavy so balancing requires the perfect leg position. Another surprise was the Doc bot named Bones. I thought the Doc was only a bonus for the early buyers of Omega and didn’t know he would come with this. I didn’t get many shots of him and you shall find out why soon enough.

I also do have to apologize for the background as the lines do show. I’ve tried ironing this thing like 7 times with no luck and not sure what I can do. Usually I can pull it far enough away or out of focus where it isn’t noticeable but there was a slight problem which could not be avoided. I have shot Metroplex, Fort Max and Trypticon with the same size backgrounds and table but they were not as large in base mode on this guy. 60 cm from end to end for Pete’s sake it was literally hanging off the table on each side which is why the base mode is not fully shown in the shots.
One small gripe I would say is the face being too far back in the helmet but with the Lugnut face in there its ok as that particular face has a protruding chin. You actually can’t even turn the face around to hide it in tank mode Overall though very impressive and I am quite happy with this purchase. I would like to add that actually putting him into my actual display was a 3 hour job as I had to redo the entire cabinet just to get him in. From floor to very tip of the wing is 26”.

And trying to get it in the car as I mentioned