Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > Toys and Collectibles

Old 08-04-2008, 08:18 PM   #1
CTO15
Beasty
Batman (BB/TDK)

I just wanted to know if anybody in canada has ever spotted Movie Master figures (6" figures) from the new Dark Knight line. Everytime I go to TRU, I always hope that they'll be on the shelves, but no such luck.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:25 PM   #2
Magnimus
Alternator
Re: Batman (BB/TDK)

Nope, and you can bet I've been looking.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:30 PM   #3
-KG-
Kranix

There not out yet, if they're even coming here at all. The TRU website has them listed as coming soon.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:11 AM   #4
klown23
Generation 1
klown23's Ebay Auctions

well theres one in canada for sure hehe... I went to the US and found 2 bat begins movie masters (by the way, those are so hard to find... nothing on the pegs, had to go to 6 stores before I found em)

Im thinking about selling one... pm me if interessted
Old 08-06-2008, 10:37 AM   #5
CTO15
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by klown23 View Post
well theres one in canada for sure hehe... I went to the US and found 2 bat begins movie masters (by the way, those are so hard to find... nothing on the pegs, had to go to 6 stores before I found em)

Im thinking about selling one... pm me if interessted
appreciate the offer, but I just came back from a trip to the US as well, and I was lucky enough to hunt one down. Right now I'm just looking for some Gotham thugs. Where oh where can u be!?!?!
Old 08-06-2008, 11:15 AM   #6
CerebralSin

i thought they discontinued that line recently because of the ledger death. movie masters (first wave atleast) is done.

im not sure, i was just searching around ebay and stores and thats what they say.

. . . KENNEDY!!!

Old 08-06-2008, 11:50 AM   #7
CTO15
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralSin View Post
i thought they discontinued that line recently because of the ledger death. movie masters (first wave atleast) is done.

im not sure, i was just searching around ebay and stores and thats what they say.
really? I was on the american TRU site, and they had Movie master 2 packs with batman vs joker and batman begins vs scarecrow. Weird, I just think its all those scalpers to blame
Old 08-06-2008, 12:12 PM   #8
bambam
Generation 1

The TDK movie masters are not coming to Canada anytime soon. So don't waste your time and gas looking for these.

Mattel Canada, TRU Canada, and Wal-Mart Canada really botched this one. What they have on the pegs right now is all they have ordered for the summer retail season. I think it is a combination of some retailers not ordering Movie Masters at all and other retailers getting screwed by not receiving their orders as they were diverted to their U.S. counterparts.

If we are lucky enough to see any Movie Masters, it will be after they reset for the Fall/Xmas season. Mattel is shipping the line through the rest of this year, so you should contact Mattel Canada and your local retailer that you want this product.

The TDK Movie Master listing on toysrus.ca has been removed.

They are out in full force at U.S. retail, though. So take look if you're down there.

More info at TheFwoosh: http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic...=asc&start=165
Old 08-06-2008, 12:15 PM   #9
bambam
Generation 1

Quote:

More Wave 1 figures are coming (to the U.S. atleast). There are various case assortments now, too: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/s...=movie+masters
Old 08-06-2008, 01:29 PM   #10
-KG-
Kranix

Quote:

This was just a rumor to drive up prices, especially for The Joker.