Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 02-27-2009, 10:06 PM   #1
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag
How do I get the FULL TFCon experience?

I've gone to the last 4 or 5 TFCons, but I just drive down on Saturday and I'll stay until the convention closes for the night. But I heard this year it's gonna be 2 full days.

So I want to actually get a room and stay there for however many days the event is on for. But more importantly, I want to get the full experience. The Pizza Party, the Goober, everything. Now I know pre-registration is already closed, but I probably don't really need that since I usually just show up anyways. I'm assuming hotel rooms are still available, so should I book soon?

Other than that, what should I know?

Thanks guys
UltraPrimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:05 AM   #2
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Re: How do I get the FULL TFCon experience?

Pre-registration is not closed, you were likely reading the 2008 registration page.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:07 AM   #3
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Pre reg for TFcon closes April 3rd according to the website.

Edit: Sarnath'd! (Oh wait...I think that might be an in joke on another forum...)

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:15 AM   #4
Protoman
The Legend

The full experience personally is coming on the friday for the whole parts party deal and just enjoying the social aspect of it. The saturday and sign in, get all the merch the TFcon staff have to offer at the registration table and SPEND SPEND SPEND at the dealer room, also hit all the panels (Trivia, Voice actor, Hasbro, ect) and other extra activities lined up (Pizza party like you mentioned). That saturday night, hit the bar, too much fun is missed to many who don't come to the bar after. We now have a sunday too..... so it's a whole new ball game this year. Oh and yes, Guber is key to TFcon, get his autograph so one day you can show your grandchildren that you knew this man.

**EDIT** Oh and pre-registration never closed cause well..... it was just put up recently (like VERY recently). Hit up http://www.tfcon.ca and take it from there.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman

Last edited by Protoman; 02-28-2009 at 12:17 AM.
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:23 AM   #5
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
The full experience personally is coming on the friday for the whole parts party deal and just enjoying the social aspect of it. The saturday and sign in, get all the merch the TFcon staff have to offer at the registration table and SPEND SPEND SPEND at the dealer room, also hit all the panels (Trivia, Voice actor, Hasbro, ect) and other extra activities lined up (Pizza party like you mentioned). That saturday night, hit the bar, too much fun is missed to many who don't come to the bar after. We now have a sunday too..... so it's a whole new ball game this year. Oh and yes, Guber is key to TFcon, get his autograph so one day you can show your grandchildren that you knew this man.

**EDIT** Oh and pre-registration never closed cause well..... it was just put up recently (like VERY recently). Hit up http://www.tfcon.ca and take it from there.
MY GOD THAT IS AWESOME INDEED.

Now, see, THIS is what a convention exclusive should be. DO WANT.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:16 AM   #6
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

I wasn't an attendee long before I was pulled into the TFcon staff but here's some tips for making the best of TFcon.

1) Come to the Friday night, talk with fans and feel less like a nerd after metting Protoman.
2) Enter the trivia and pictionary contest
3) Get there EARLY on Saturday if you plan getting the best/rare stuff, otherwise I get it.
3) Visit EVERY panel, in between panels spend more in the dealer room.
4) Play with the toys at Hasbro's display, no stealing, as tempting as it may be.
5) Get a voice actor autograph, do not touch the voice actor in inappropiate ways, they have the right to defend themselves.
6) Attend Dak's customizing class, here's you'll repaint your own figure with da man himself
7) Most staff are kind, curteous, and helpful individuals....except GMfan101, try to melt his cold heart with the gift of Transformers, they can be left at the front desk for him.
8) Hit up the hotel bars you'll more then likely find your favourite faces from the forum there. IE Me

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.

Last edited by GMfan; 02-28-2009 at 03:23 AM.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:32 AM   #7
Sideswipe
Break it down!

Friday is always a blast. Meeting people, food, trading, some trivia if ya dig. Get to know your fellow junkies before the saturday storm!

I love you guys. *sniff
Sideswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:41 AM   #8
Black Cat
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
7) Most staff are kind, curteous, and helpful individuals....except GMfan101, try to melt his cold heart with the gift of Transformers, they can be left at the front desk for him.
You don't really need to bother with this one. Yes, he's cold hearted, but he's always so tired from lack of sleep during the 'con that he doesn't really notice what's going on.
If you're going to leave transformers for anyone, leave them for the girls that have to deal with an all-male staff.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:47 AM   #9
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
You don't really need to bother with this one. Yes, he's cold hearted, but he's always so tired from lack of sleep during the 'con that he doesn't really notice what's going on.
If you're going to leave transformers for anyone, leave them for the girls that have to deal with an all-male staff.
Last year, yes, but I was up all night in the dealer room....you have any idea what torture it is to be surrounded by Transformers you can't play with!?!? Ahem...at least this year I'll be getting a good nights rest as TFcon's newest Operations Manager so I gotta be at my prime (no pun intended).

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:55 AM   #10
Black Cat
Animated

^^ I think it still depends on who your roommates are. :P
But thanks for not arguing about the girls getting the tranformers instead of you.

I should really consider attending the Friday this year...
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote