Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-21-2020, 03:04 AM   #11
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus
Re: Should we close the sightings threads?

Yes, true what everyone is saying, but remember, if you're going to Walmart, it should be for essential things, not because someone posted sightings on here. Paranoia aside, it's better to be over prepared rather than underprepared.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 04:16 AM   #12
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

An idiot who goes out specifically for toy hunting right now is a idiot that won't be dissuaded by closing a forum thread. IMHO, it's a pointless gesture, like putting on those masks. And just feeds into the overreaction. It could even backfire if some idiot becomes a little too curious or feels a little cooped up and decides to check out what the TF situation is out in the wild while the competition is low, instead of just going to the sightings and getting the info.

Around my area, the only places right now that are open are places with groceries like Walmart. If a person drops into the toy section while picking up toilet pa... hahahaahaha... OK that's not going to happen. But if someone is there to top off their supplies and sees something, nothing wrong with sharing it.

Honestly, IMHO, chances of there being something new on the shelves is slim. We're going to see TP out in the wild before a new TF. Because you would think they'd be shipping and restocking the important stuff, not toys.

But, what do I know? Never underestimate the stupidity of humanity.
Old 03-21-2020, 07:03 AM   #13
steamwhistle
Crossover

Sure, if one is going out for essentials anyway, and visits the toy section while they are there, that is not much of a big(ger) deal.

But I can also see that should someone report that something(s) of interest is on the shelf, that might prompt other members to make a trip in search of such item.

Create justification:
"Ohh, report of *** at Heartland? Maybe STC has it now too. I suppose I am low on TP with only 8 12-packs left, so I have get more of that anyway..."

So, I can understand the thought behind the suggestion to close threads.

However, it is unnecessary.

If one truly agrees with isolation (and thread-locking) they will not go out if they see a sighting posted, and/or would not post a sighting, if they do have need to go out and make a side-trip to the toy department.

If one does not agree with isolation, they would be going out regardless of whether or not there is a post in the sighting threads.

Just be safe everyone. And, it is not just about personal health; It is about the health of everyone. Not everyone gets (significantly) sick, but everyone can be a carrier.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle

Last edited by steamwhistle; 03-21-2020 at 07:05 AM.
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 07:41 AM   #14
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.

I miss SARS. A handful of reports followed by a massive Rolling Stones/ACDC concert and the problem was gone.
UsernamePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 09:17 AM   #15
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

May be people should, you know what, exercise their common sense? I won’t be out hunting actively but if I really need something from Walmart like my prescriptions then I will most likely stroll by the TF section. Not that I expect anything now that everything non essentials are afterthought...

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 10:07 AM   #16
Pascal
Banned

My gf did the groceries for her family and mine yesterday, she picked up ER Hoist for me. Myself, haven't been anywhere since Monday morning (my kids arrived in the afternoon).

Last edited by Pascal; 03-21-2020 at 10:11 AM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 10:16 AM   #17
neevnav
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post
May be people should, you know what, exercise their common sense? I won’t be out hunting actively but if I really need something from Walmart like my prescriptions then I will most likely stroll by the TF section. Not that I expect anything now that everything non essentials are afterthought...
^ This. It's not this forum's job to police people. And not having somewhere to post sightings isn't going to prevent me from checking out the TF section at Walmart while getting milk. But at the same time, I'm not making any special trips/stops just to check if someone has TFs in stock. If I'm there anyways, then sure. But closing down a forum will make no difference.
Old 03-21-2020, 11:31 AM   #18
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Hmmm...any sighting thread on toilet paper?
Old 03-21-2020, 11:39 AM   #19
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

I like the idea of just order your needs online, like the figure you want wasn’t made in China, shipped across several countries, handled by dozens of people and coughed on by your mailman, but it’s ok. Just pick the box up with gloves on, wash it for seven minutes in scolding hot soapy water, microwave it for 30 seconds and it’ll be fine. Oh, and burn those gloves you used. I kid, I kid. Don’t lynch me. Whatever you do or don’t do I hope you all are safe and healthy and enjoying my pessimistic sarcasm well into 2021 and beyond. Live Long and Prosper, and May the Force be With You and the Power Protect You until All are One.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 03:13 PM   #20
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Why??
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote