Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-06-2017, 08:02 AM   #21
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
Re: Counting 'em down again! One more time :)

December 6

Introducing 6th, on the blue background, hailing from Takara brought to me by Kool Toyz by way of TF Con weighing in at 250 grams, another dazzling duo on polar opposite ends of the spectrum

United Windcharger vs Wipe-Out

So I picked up this little goody (or should I say goodies) at TF Con from Kool Toyz for a really good price. At first my only intention was to replace my RTS Windcharger as the factory paint from Hasbro was just horrific but then I remembered something as a bonus. Back when I read TF comics in the 80’s I remembered the debut of Trypticon but in the comic his partner was Wipe-Out not Full Tilt so with TR Trypticon being released, why not give him another partner especially since we didn’t get a Brunt with him (another problem I have solved by using that piece of crap TR Galvatron). So with him I think it will even the playing field more between him and Metroplex. One thing to note as I’m not sure who came up with the idea, someone mentioned somewhere that Necro (the Titan Master) is supposed to be Wipe-Out but I can’t get on board with that. Overall with Windcharger much, much, better on the paint apps and I vastly prefer the normal logo as opposed to the RTS one. Good set overall, happy to replace RTS with this and give Trypticon another member to his family (yeah like he cares).

WIPEOUT WILL RETURN!

wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:14 PM   #22
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

December 6 Bonus

Introducing as the 3rd bonus, on the blue background, hailing from Hasbro (I think) brought to me by some lady by way of TF Con weighing in at 275 grams, another dazzling despot:

Generations Cyber Battalion Megatron

So I was walking around TF Con late Saturday afternoon taking one last pass when I saw this weird Megatron that I had never seen before and I mean like EVER. I walked away and walked back, walked away again and walked back again. I don’t know what it was but I swear this thing was calling me. The lady asked me what I was looking at so I told her and had to ask what it was. She told me it was from Brazil and that was what they had instead of leader class Megs. Having done research now I can’t say it was a Brazilian exclusive exactly but she did mention she was catching a plane home and would rather not take it with her. So after a bit of talking and haggling we came to a price we cold both live with and this Megs came home with me. I still don’t know what it is but it just screams unique, to me anyway. Yeah he’s a tank which is nothing new, not great with articulation, hollow and honestly isn’t that great of a toy, but I love this thing. I see him and just see power which is what Megatron is. POWER! The tank mode is a little strange because of where the feet end up and the top half popped off on first transformation but to me he is fantastic and quite surprising height wise. I honestly thought he was deluxe size but surprisingly learned he is voyager height when I stood him next to the premier edition Megs. Favourite Megs? No. Top 10? More than likely not. Unique for me? Abso freakin lutely.

Old 12-06-2017, 10:36 PM   #23
DuG
Titanium

That’s the Hasbro Generations Cyber Battalion Megatron, great find!
DuG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:44 PM   #24
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Re: Counting 'em down again! One more time
Yay! Thanks for doing this!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
so Overboard shall remain as Overkill
And thanks for this!!!

Quote:
and all the "alleged" Decepticon Target Masters
"I think the name 'Aimless' suits ya betta!"

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:34 AM   #25
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

December 7

Introducing on the red background, hailing from Badcube brought to me by dan3ross through TF Source by way of TF Con weighing in at 301 grams, the “brawniest” of mini bots

Badcube Brawny Reissue

First I want to thank BigWillay for helping me verify what he was, meaning, being the good one. I had read some time ago that there was an issue with some releases of the re-issue of something being heated up to much, wheels had warped and the chest wouldn’t tab properly. Now having said that this guy was 5 minutes away from my own sales thread because his chest (the top two tabs) would NOT go in at all. I was cheesed for 2 minutes until I took it apart and saw the grill had not tabbed into the inside properly so my bad and now all good. I wasn’t into 3P too much at the time of his original release and figured I’d pick him up at a later date, only to see him sell out quick and the price jump astronomically in the aftermarket so thank you Bad Cube for doing the re-issue AND for including the bazooka that was only available with the Quintesson journal which I would not be willing to pay for. Now back to Brawny I do like the figure, good bot mode, decent transformation, belongs on an MP shelf for sure. One thing I have to say is what a PITA it was to get the dam welding torch on his wrist. It’s not included in the instructions, no reviews, just nothing. It wasn’t hard to figure out how to get it on but I thought I was going to snap that thing six ways from Sunday it took that much force. Another two minor gripes is he doesn’t stay tabbed together when posing. Simple poses, his chest would come loose, the panels on the legs would come loose and his thighs don’t have enough clearance so when moved the “butt” moves down and makes him look like he has a fully loaded diaper. Ultimately it is a good figure MP wise so long as he holds a static pose but that’s just my opinion and opinions are like gas mileage on different vehicles, they vary.

Old 12-08-2017, 07:54 AM   #26
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

December 8 – TR Arcee

Introducing on the blue background, hailing all the way from Hasbro brought to me by Hasbro Toy Shop, weighing in at ? grams, because it’s not polite to reveal her weight, the Autobot who is Pretty in Pink

HasCon 2017 Exclusive Titans Return Arcee with Leinad and Ultra Magnus

The first thing that comes to mind is a line from Back to the Future when Marty asks Doc “What the hell is a gigawatt?” I’d like to know what the hell is a Leinad? Yes Daniel spelled backwards but I didn’t realize a proper human name actually required licensing. Can anyone named that sue or something? If so I need to get in on that action lol. I’m not sure why I bought this exactly. I already have the Takara Legends and did have the Hasbro Generations one (sold that one) and they were designed to be Arcee. This was painted to look like Arcee and there is a huge difference between them that is for sure. I guess I really wanted the Headmaster gimmick and lets face facts when it comes to Arcee that is NOT a movie representation she has not been easy or necessarily cheap. Hasbro screwed us on the Generations one with crappy distribution and Takara naturally being more expensive left little options. Now Hasbro does it again as an exclusive. Time will tell what happens where she shows up, if she shows up and how different it will be from this exclusive. Now with all that out of the way, she does wear the mold well, definitely more warrior looking then her season 3 self. I recently did a small mod on my legends one by removing the butt kibble and still prefer the look of that to TR but the actual Exosuit portion is just awesome. To have Spike and Daniel in their S4 exosuits is really great. Now one thing that escapes me is what is with all the die cast titan masters? I got rid of the Rodimus one (which I kinda regret now) but I am curious if there is some long term plan for them that Hasbro has yet to reveal in the POTP line up. Anyway no clue what to do with Magnus but I for sure I’ll keep him as he has a cool look. Maybe one day I’ll check CW Magnus to see if it can interact with him somehow.

Poor Ultra Magnus

Last edited by wervenom; 12-13-2017 at 07:59 AM.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:56 AM   #27
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

As this mold has been released several times already I’m not going to go into a whole lot of detail but I would leave you with two questions:

1) Among the two official styled releases of Arcee which do you prefer?

2) As this mold has come out for 4 different characters (that I know of or have) who do you think wears it best?

Old 12-08-2017, 08:19 AM   #28
dingd0ng
Nexus Maximus

Awesome thread, love the pics Wervenom!!! Keep them coming...
Old 12-08-2017, 09:18 AM   #29
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
As this mold has been released several times already I’m not going to go into a whole lot of detail but I would leave you with two questions:

1) Among the two official styled releases of Arcee which do you prefer?

2) As this mold has come out for 4 different characters (that I know of or have) who do you think wears it best?
1) Generations Arcee, because G1 > headmaster mold repaint

2) Takara Blurr
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:33 AM   #30
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigimus View Post
1) Generations Arcee, because G1 > headmaster mold repaint

2) Takara Blurr
I don't have Takara Blurr but really want one. His pre orders sold out quick