Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-09-2014, 11:01 AM   #1
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions
How would you rate the Masterpiece KOs?

Since it seems that, more so than other lines, the Masterpiece line has a lot of KOs (especially since the Autobot cars). I was wondering, for those of you who have one or more, what you thought of them?

Good, bad, horrible? Can't really tell the difference?

Wish I had never bought one. Great, I'll be getting more. Better than the original?

I don't have any, but I just wanted to get an idea of what people thought.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:55 AM   #2
soundwave1976
Machine War
Re: How would you rate the Masterpiece KOs?

I don't own any KO MPs but I watched some comparison videos on them (the lambos, datsuns and MP10) and I have decided to get them. In some areas they have better paint, details and some apparent kinks have been worked out too. Save some $$$ so I can buy more (mainly FT Dinobots) and they look just as good in the ol' detolfs!

soundwave1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:03 PM   #3
herooftheday316
Energon

My personal feeling is that you shouldn't buy the KOs unless the original is unavailable or the price has been inflated to a ridiculous degree on the secondary market.

The fact of the matter is that if the MPs don't sell well it will affect the line. Will it stop the line completely? No, I doubt it. Unless of course everyone starts buying on KOs. But what is will do is discourage them from taking a chance on more obscure characters. If the market shrinks, so does their interest in perusing it completely.

KOs of brand new figures is not good for the industry. I have a KO Red Alert because I got on the train a little late but I do plan on replacing him once the official one is re-released.

I can understand not having the money for official releases but at the same time if you pick up a real MP at preorder (for the cars) it's about 65 shipped. The KO will cost you about 40-45 shipped. I don't think the savings is worth it.

-Mike
Old 09-09-2014, 12:21 PM   #4
Pascal
Banned

Other than the iGear coneheads, I wouldn't buy MP KOs.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:26 PM   #5
namomaz
Beasty

For 20$ more you can get yourself the real one from Takara. Plus if we all start buying KO's and ditch the real figures Takara will stop making the masterpiece line.

My feedback thread
namomaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:27 PM   #6
blindsorcerer
Generation 1

I have MP-10 KO (release 2) and I'm really happy. Looks nice everything is tight and fit well the chest looks good imo. Don't get me wrong I would had bought a real one in a heartbeat if it was available for a reasonable price but Takara marketing is horrible and possibly managed by rolling a D20... The KO MP10 doesn't have a trailer , I think the original MP10 did ... I didn't research it at all tbh I found a good review of the KO and ordered one.

cheers
blindsorcerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:36 PM   #7
Rev
Addict

I have a KO Tigertrack and it is ok. The joints are not as tight as the original. IT is a bit floppy. But the worst part is that I know it is KO and that bugs me.

For the small price difference I would just get the real thing.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:44 PM   #8
KPhilipsen
Generation 1

The way I see it is that the KO's are marginally worse than the TT MP's in fit, finish and general QC. I'm willing to pay the price premium for the quality premium.

I may pick up a KO in the future if I want a piece to give to my nephews for hands on children's play. They always want to play with my Transformers and don't understand why in the heck anybody would be so crazy as to have all of these Transformers and not pull them off the shelf to play with. They would appreciate being able to play with a guy they usually aren't allowed to touch.
KPhilipsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:52 PM   #9
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

I have a few KO's they are great to play with at the office and no need to worry if they get lost/stolen. Also it's nice seeing some novelty with the Gold Lambor.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 01:20 PM   #10
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Got KO Mp sideswipe and the red alert. They are great, not a big difference compare to the original on the quality, just a little loose on some joints that isnt big deal at all. I got the real Takara Mp Prowl and there is a finger print on the paint.. So KO aren't so bad after all if u compare to the real. The KO are almost half price to the original when I got them from those sellers on eBay. Like someone else said, I would still suggest ppl to get the original unless u couldn't find it. The quality for the original is still slightly better if u are very picky about everything.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote