Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-24-2014, 11:50 AM   #91
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician
Re: the KFC Ultra Magus is more and more impressive

that means mp 22 will sell for less then mp 10 if I remember correctly and this is awesome that 3rd party is driving official prices down
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:18 PM   #92
Pascal
Banned

Ooooooooookay... Got mine half an hour ago, and I must say I'm not particularly impressed. I knew it wasn't going to be heavy for the size, but that's not what's bothering me. It feels cheap, even though the plastic is sturdy. The whole thing feels... soft? The joints, everything... Some parts are hard to tab because they don't want to stay tabbed (legs, 2 front panels), if you lift the truck, the cab flops down (nothing to lock it in place), one panel that hides the matrix doesn't want to close completely, it just keeps popping up... An ok display piece, but it's no MP. Far from that. It's not even as good as a legit Transformer. It's just... okay. Actually, it reminds me of Trailerforce, probably the most disappointing 3rd party product I own. Looks good, doesn't feel good.

Last edited by Pascal; 04-24-2014 at 12:20 PM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:25 PM   #93
Slave
Energon
Slave's Ebay Auctions

And now the MP-22 Magnus official price just dropped to the very same price of that KFC's Stak... no doubt I'm waiting for the official release
Old 04-24-2014, 12:31 PM   #94
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Ooooooooookay... Got mine half an hour ago, and I must say I'm not particularly impressed. I knew it wasn't going to be heavy for the size, but that's not what's bothering me. It feels cheap, even though the plastic is sturdy. The whole thing feels... soft? The joints, everything... Some parts are hard to tab because they don't want to stay tabbed (legs, 2 front panels), if you lift the truck, the cab flops down (nothing to lock it in place), one panel that hides the matrix doesn't want to close completely, it just keeps popping up... An ok display piece, but it's no MP. Far from that. It's not even as good as a legit Transformer. It's just... okay. Actually, it reminds me of Trailerforce, probably the most disappointing 3rd party product I own. Looks good, doesn't feel good.

Isn't KFC the same company that use to make all the bootlegs? Haven't they always been known as a cheap plastic company?

You were probably swayed by the shill reviews by Peagh and Optibotimus. The figure was riddled with issues (all that can be seen on the review) but so downplayed you forgot they were there.

Sorry for your experience but the silver lining here is you will get the real deal for the same price by years end.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:33 PM   #95
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transbot90210 View Post
You were probably swayed by the shill reviews by Peagh and Optibotimus. The figure was riddled with issues (all that can be seen on the review) but so downplayed you forgot they were there.
LOL! I don't care at all for what reviewers say, especially Optibotimus. I can form my own opinion.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:35 PM   #96
OLDMR
Beast Machine

Are you looking to sell?
OLDMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:37 PM   #97
dingd0ng
Nexus Maximus

Glad I didn't jump the gun and buy this one. I am so waiting for MP22.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:45 PM   #98
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
LOL! I don't care at all for what reviewers say, especially Optibotimus. I can form my own opinion.

TRUTH! But I like watching reviews for some tips but never opinions. The shit thing is both guys said the plastic was good, better than KFC has ever put forth. If I had interest in this, that lie would have been enough to make me buy. It is a shame too because I never thought of Peaugh as a shill but he has shilled two recently ( he overly dogged on Scoria for all the wrong reasons and never corrected any of his errors after learning about them [more than one)

Oh well, I never had interest in this guy because of MP-22 but it sucks that you wanted him so bad and he failed to impress.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:54 PM   #99
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDMR View Post
Are you looking to sell?
Maybe. But Tony forgot to ship the gun, so I'm waiting for it. Didn't come with the box to save on shipping.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:56 PM   #100
DecepticonusPrime
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDMR View Post
Really? I hope the new MP pics help drive the price down.
Yeah, I mean it was OKAY, but seemed like something that belonged more in a mainline, Hasbro-produced Transformers line. Not Masterpiece, not even Takara main lines with their nice paint jobs.