Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-29-2013, 03:44 PM   #41
Ozrein
Stunticon
Re: Metroplex up for pre-order on Toysrus.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide View Post
Same here. Toys U Us .ca doesn't even load on my iPhone anymore for quite some time. It used to be okay before. Is anyone else encountering the same issue with their iPhone?
I've found the same issue for the past couple months(?) with my ipod touch. I just thought it was because it's only a 2nd gen. so it's somewhat old by now.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:48 PM   #42
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
If mp Soundwave and Acidstorm get put up for preorder, how do they limit 1 per family? I rather see them in store so they can stop the scalpers to limit them to 1 per family.
I don't know about TRU's system, but it's easy to set limit per customer account, even billing/shipping address. Unless some one sign up 10 accounts with 10 different emails with 10 different credit card billing addresses and 10 different shipping addresses.

Last edited by Darth Cylon; 07-29-2013 at 03:52 PM.
Darth Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:51 PM   #43
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
I don't know about TRU's syste, but it's easy to set limit per customer account, even billing/shipping address. Unless some one sign up 10 accounts with 10 different emails with 10 different credit card billing addresses and 10 different shipping addresses.
Let's pray they will do it. I never seen them setting a limit online so far.. So I am a bit worry it will b like mp 10..
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:54 PM   #44
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozrein View Post
I've found the same issue for the past couple months(?) with my ipod touch. I just thought it was because it's only a 2nd gen. so it's somewhat old by now.
My wife's Samsung Galaxy works though... It may have something to do with Apple?
Old 07-29-2013, 04:08 PM   #45
Ozrein
Stunticon

Quote:
My wife's Samsung Galaxy works though... It may have something to do with Apple?
It must be since it worked just fine for a long time up until a couple months or so ago.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:16 PM   #46
Pgianos
Banned

...and the preorder is gone..
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #47
maximanigel
Generation 2

its back up
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9790

Looking for MISB:
Misb Fall of Cybrtron: All of wave 1 and 2 deluxe
Classics/Universe 1.0: Constructicon Set
maximanigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:01 PM   #48
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximanigel View Post
its back up
TRU.ca just put it back up for $10 more than before! Lol, well... f*ck them!!!
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:07 PM   #49
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Really?! That sucks if it is 10 dollars more. Lucky I got it this morning...
Old 07-29-2013, 06:37 PM   #50
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
guys guys guys he is too big for stores to keep in stock, he will be in short numbers but you may have better luck on getting online as there is no shelf space being held up.. same bs was going on with mp10 but we all know what happend.... get him well you can if not lol hope im wrong...
Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
metroplex is 2 feet tall unicron is a baby comparied to him... as for bikes they are high margin idems and get more room.... transformers are low margin and will not get the shelf space.. also im sure tru have learned and will not carry hardly anyafter their first shipment and leave it for thier online sales where they will make some extra cash on shipping and will not have to drop the price.... I work at futureshop and know how stock this big works,, again hope im wrong but im sure with this over 2 feet box im going to be right... good news is that thier will be lots online...
Sorry dude, but you're wrong. Because this isn't about what TRU wants, it's about what Hasbro wants. They spent a lot of money developing this guy and I seriously doubt they are about to gamble all that on online sales only.

TRU and Futureshop are two completely different animals. I'd believe that FS sells more big items online than in store, mostly due to the nature of the items FS sells and it's customer demographic. But TRU's customer demographic is completely different. Most kids don't shop online, and Hasbro is relying on the "MOMMYMOMMYIWANTIT!!!" factor.
I bought the giant Galactus figure at TRU and it had sat there for MONTHS. Same with the giant Sentinel figure. Some TRU's still have it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreobuilder View Post
Rereading my post, I'm not really being clear, am I?

Here in Quebec, we usually get a ''bilingual'' sound chip in our toys, meaning sounds only or maybe the character's name, but not full english sentences.

The description on the TRU Metroplex page says ''bilingual'' and it is shippable to Quebec which usually means everything has been translated. If it were english only, TRU would not ship it to Quebec.

I want my Metroplex to have a full english sound chip with all the phrases, so I'm ordering from the US. I don't want to risk getting a bilingual version.

OB

PS: Sorry for not being clear in my previous posts. Being a collector in Quebec means dealing with this reality. I forget that not everyone has to
It's possible this may happen, but as I said above, when I bought the huge Galactus, he has 11 phrases and not one of them is in french.