Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-30-2009, 08:13 PM   #11
Robimus
Iacon North Scout
Re: ROTF on ET

I'm with GMFan. Back before the OJ trial ET was a true entertainment program. Now its celebrity gossip with added movie trailers.

How fat is Kirtsie Alley? How fat is Valerie Bertinelli? Whens Oprah gonna lose some weight........it was painful getting to the TF stuff.

I found the Transformers segments cool, but it would have been nice to see the trailer without them talking overtop of it.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:17 PM   #12
onecoin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
I'm with GMFan. Back before the OJ trial ET was a true entertainment program. Now its celebrity gossip with added movie trailers.

How fat is Kirtsie Alley? How fat is Valerie Bertinelli? Whens Oprah gonna lose some weight........it was painful getting to the TF stuff.

I found the Transformers segments cool, but it would have been nice to see the trailer without them talking overtop of it.
It was always like that, it was always Hollywood propaganda. Especially the weekend edition.
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:26 PM   #13
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

I'd be fine with hollywood propaganda, but I take that as meaning advertising for programming. Thats not what we get now.

Pre-1994 I remember it being much more focused on films and TV, as was Showbiz today on CNN. I remember watching both regularly and enjoying both.

It's been downhill since then and to my memory the gossip aspects started with the daily updates breaking down the OJ trial, which lead to the entire program being used to break down the OJ trial

Maybe my memory is completely faulty but I remember looking forward to ET everyday as a kid to see what was new on the entertainment scene. If it would have been all talk of who's fat, or who's in rehab, I wouldn't have ever stuck with it.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:31 PM   #14
onecoin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
I'd be fine with hollywood propaganda, but I take that as meaning advertising for programming. Thats not what we get now.

Pre-1994 I remember it being much more focused on films and TV, as was Showbiz today on CNN. I remember watching both regularly and enjoying both.

It's been downhill since then and to my memory the gossip aspects started with the daily updates breaking down the OJ trial, which lead to the entire program being used to break down the OJ trial

Maybe my memory is completely faulty but I remember looking forward to ET everyday as a kid to see what was new on the entertainment scene. If it would have been all talk of who's fat, or who's in rehab, I wouldn't have ever stuck with it.
I think its a reflection of what people want to see and hear about. Plus, media has changed drastically since then. When ET was the only "backstage" access to tv and movies. Now that shit is common everywhere, available in any format and in most cases complete ondemand.
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:49 PM   #15
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

I agree with that. I'm sure its ratings driven first and foremost. If Mary Hart dressing up in a bear suit would double their veiwership they'd do it in a second.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:59 PM   #16
Magnus
City Commander
Send a message via MSN to Magnus

ya! Chill out ladies!! ;-)

Anyhoo... trailer looks awesome!! Can't wait for the movie!!
Earthrise - Centurion Drone set, Thrust, Runabout
Kingdom - GS Galvatron, Road Rage
Masterpiece - MP-19+ Smokescreen, MP-20+ Wheeljack, MP-39+ Spinout
3P: MMC Commotus

"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy - okay, give me the bomb." - Ultra Magnus

My feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ghlight=Magnus
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote