Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 03-16-2018, 08:08 PM   #31
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus
Re: Toys “R” Us continues normal business operations across Canada

Thanks.
Old 03-18-2018, 04:26 PM   #32
905soundwave
Robot in Disguise

Anyone know what the clearance sales are like for transformers in the US toys r us?
905soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 11:40 PM   #33
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by 905soundwave View Post
Anyone know what the clearance sales are like for transformers in the US toys r us?
Havent been announced yet. Sales will start March 24th or something. Expect something like 15% off the first week, then more and more as time goes on.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:22 AM   #34
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

I'm glad to hear TRU is making the effort to stick around in Canada, I for one will do my best to support them over Walmart whenever possible
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 01:19 PM   #35
Omegatron
Gen 1

Just wanted to add another article about this with a small amount of additional information regarding there being multiple offers on the table.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/toys-r-us-canada-1.4584120

I'm glad Toys R us is sticking around in Canada but I'm of two minds about where this goes next.

1) Toys R Us Canada could massively increase its on-line presence to become a bricks and mortar store in Canada but a on-line toy store for the world. This would be great for the Canadian operation and would ensure the store could continue to stock almost everything it does now.

2) With Toys R Us gone in the U.S. manufacturers like Hasbro could change their distribution model to focus more on direct sales like Hasbro toy shop. I wonder if this will affect the availability of toys for stores like Toys R Us.

I guess only time will tell and of course both could be true.
Omegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 01:54 PM   #36
theoneyouknowleast
Classic

Not sure if this is a good sign or a bad one.

Toys R Us Canada to be Auctioned Off April 18th, 2018

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...18-2018/40980/

My Sales Thread
My Wanted Thread
My Feedback Thread

Looking For: Nothing Right Now
theoneyouknowleast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 02:41 PM   #37
Omegatron
Gen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneyouknowleast View Post
Not sure if this is a good sign or a bad one.

Toys R Us Canada to be Auctioned Off April 18th, 2018
If there is an auction I think that's a very good sign as it means that there are multiple bidders and real interest in the store. However, the following line is kind of ominous:

April 18, 2018, at 10:00 a.m., prevailing Eastern Time is the date and time by which the Auction, if needed, will be held

That means there may only be one buyer or even none, so we're not out of the woods yet. I think this is Toys R us putting this out there to see what happens and we'll all have to wait and see if it works out or not.
Omegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 12:47 AM   #38
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegatron View Post
If there is an auction I think that's a very good sign as it means that there are multiple bidders and real interest in the store. However, the following line is kind of ominous:

April 18, 2018, at 10:00 a.m., prevailing Eastern Time is the date and time by which the Auction, if needed, will be held

That means there may only be one buyer or even none, so we're not out of the woods yet. I think this is Toys R us putting this out there to see what happens and we'll all have to wait and see if it works out or not.
It will certainly be interesting, im sure more details will arise after that one bidder who is the manu. for Bratz and those plush lollipop toy balls decides on whether or not they will try to save 200 of the best performing TRU shops in the US and preserve all of the Canadian stores.

I agree, if TRU will survive in Canada and significantly boost their int'l online sales operations they will likely be ok, as long as Canadian policy doesnt make it difficult to price and ship into the US and abroad. That will require a massive investment and good people to run an int'l sales team, as online sales to the US might become their main source of income as well even with 82 or so brick and mortar stores in Canada. Essentially they would become an international Canadian brand, but policymakers tend to cut Canadian companies off at the ankles or push to have Canadian companies sold abroad in many cases. They do ok here because there are not enough options for toy sales and especially competitive baby products in Canada. I'd hate to see how much more expensive some of those Baby R Us products will get with decreased competition.

If you guys buy from Ebay.com as well or from US or UK sellers, you also notice this Global Shipping Program that costs really alot more when buying outside of the US from sellers that use it. A cost effective shipping option will have to be created or modernised as that program is a huge barrier for purchases by pushing US sellers to auto set their auctions to their courier service. Anyone who has been charged brokerage fees is well aware of those importing problems...

In either case, exciting times, and good case studies for business students. Hope the nice people at TRU Canada can keep their jobs and improve online sales...as from personal experience they are really not up to par at the moment and do not always honour their online sales policies with much effort to rectify issues. As well, I believe the prices we pay for TF and some other products from TRU Canada are alot better than anywhere else, and better than what other countries pay for the same items, including TRU USA TF prices. Many Americans seem to see TRU as too expensive down stateside, I would not say that is the case here...for sympathy's sake, they seem to not care as much if TRU falters down there as they have many more options to purchase, and their online sourcing is alot better with free shipping and access to product.

Cheers and happy hunting...

Last edited by MilanX3; 03-29-2018 at 12:52 AM.
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 06:10 PM   #39
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

This hit the newswires today, appears with more certainty that Toys R Us Canada will continue to be in business.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...creator-larian

Gives confidence to suppliers, for us consumers, we'll see if the great sales that Toys R Us has will be less frequent. It saves us from depending on Wal*Mart to be the main retail source.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 09:41 PM   #40
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post
This hit the newswires today, appears with more certainty that Toys R Us Canada will continue to be in business.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...creator-larian

Gives confidence to suppliers, for us consumers, we'll see if the great sales that Toys R Us has will be less frequent. It saves us from depending on Wal*Mart to be the main retail source.
We knew he was bidding on it since day one and that is one low ass bid. Toysrus Canada already has several bidders anyway

http://business.financialpost.com/ne...ys-r-us-canada

The final bids will be heard on the 16th. I am pretty sure it wont be Larien since he already said on record that this was a publicity stunt.

Last edited by MapleMegatron; 04-13-2018 at 10:20 PM.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote