Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-12-2021, 11:42 AM   #31
evenstaves
you renegade maverick
Re: Customs Duties?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuropa View Post
was it the sender declare value at $200? DHL wouldn't make up that number.
I couldn't tell you? Mandy the one who sends it out; if anything is "declared", I don't know about it

All I know is the total cost, over $200 CAD
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 01:03 PM   #32
RocketGTR
Animated

If you believe DHL is overcharging you, I believe you can just self assess with the CBSA (https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/c.../prsn-eng.html) and then once you have that all sorted you just go pick up the package from DHL at their warehouse and avoid their admin fees and what not.

I've never done it though, so if someone has, they can correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 04-20-2021, 12:40 AM   #33
RavageX-9
Generation 2
RavageX-9's Ebay Auctions

Well, my 1st order from BBTS by FedEx to Canada arrived. A ~$160 USD value just under $200 CAD. No taxes, no fees. I'm registered on FedEx's website with my credit card. It was a pretty small box with only 3 items.
RavageX-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 12:42 AM   #34
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavageX-9 View Post
Well, my 1st order from BBTS by FedEx to Canada arrived. A ~$160 USD value just under $200 CAD. No taxes. I'm registered on FedEx's website with my credit card. It was a pretty small box with only 3 items.
I've noticed that everything that I've ordered from BBTS lately has never gotten charged customs. A few years ago almost every order was charged, but all my orders for 2019, 2020 and 2021 have no extra charges. Pretty awesome for us.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 08:19 AM   #35
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavageX-9 View Post
FedEx to Canada arrived. A ~$160 USD value just under $200 CAD. No taxes, no fees
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
I've noticed that everything that I've ordered from BBTS lately has never gotten charged customs
This is what I'm saying!

Never even mind the bullcrap I'm going through w/ DHL now that I've paid their bloodmoney, trying to arrange a dropoff
*called on Friday, paid the COD*
"OK when can this be sent out now, today?"
"Can't do today, gonna have to be Monday" "OK"
*wife waits w/ open door all day yesterday, no one shows up*
I call DHL "WTF, we booked it for today and no one came, no notice paper no nothing"
"Hmm well sir I don't see any reason why package wasn't delivered, let me open a ticket and dudes will call you back tomorrow"

All of this bullsh*t is happening the one time I've ever selected DHL as a carrier; NEVER again
Old 04-21-2021, 09:41 AM   #36
Digibasherx
Robot in Disguise

Anyone have the steps to clear your packages yourself? I have a shipment coming with DHL, and they're so far the only shipper that adds on a "bend you over the couch" processing fee and given the shipping price already comes lube-free, I'd like to look into clearing my package before it shows up.

edit: Just saw RocketGTR's post. Will check out the link.

Last edited by Digibasherx; 04-21-2021 at 10:07 AM.
Digibasherx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 10:21 AM   #37
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
I call DHL "WTF, we booked it for today and no one came, no notice paper no nothing"
"Hmm well sir I don't see any reason why package wasn't delivered, let me open a ticket and dudes will call you back tomorrow"

All of this bullsh*t is happening the one time I've ever selected DHL as a carrier; NEVER again
So just to update on DHL:
-> on Monday I called them "let me open a ticket w/ dudes and they will (what your preference?) call you tomorrow"
(I opted to get a phone call)
-> Yesterday Tuesday? late afternoon I get an email from DHL "hello I am assigned to your case, we can't figure out what happened to your package, I am opening a ticket w/ (dudes) and we will be in touch"

So again that's
"dunno what going on, we filing a ticket, we'll call u tomorrow"
(don't call, get an email)
"dunno what going on, we filing a ticket, we'll email u"

>
Old 04-21-2021, 10:28 AM   #38
Digibasherx
Robot in Disguise

I probably should've read this thread prior to ordering, my first order with Mandrake. I've considered ordering from them before but shipping was always off-putting. But I saw an item I've been watching for ages, and the price was right (coming in a 24K yen). They didn't specify shipping but their box and weight estimate seemed reasonable.

Lo and behold when the invoice came, the DHL shipping clocked in at 8210 yen. Honestly, I have shipments from Amiami, BBTS and other vendors and their shipping had always been reasonable.

This might be my last Mandy order for a while until they're able to ship with EMS, SAL or even surface.
Old 04-21-2021, 10:51 AM   #39
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digibasherx View Post
I probably should've read this thread prior to ordering, my first order with Mandrake. I've considered ordering from them before but shipping was always off-putting. But I saw an item I've been watching for ages, and the price was right (coming in a 24K yen). They didn't specify shipping but their box and weight estimate seemed reasonable.

Lo and behold when the invoice came, the DHL shipping clocked in at 8210 yen. Honestly, I have shipments from Amiami, BBTS and other vendors and their shipping had always been reasonable.

This might be my last Mandy order for a while until they're able to ship with EMS, SAL or even surface.
I want to express that I love Mandy, and have purchased from them often
Dealing with DHL is the actual devil, and JapanPost's pandemic restrictions causing Mandy to only use DHL to Canada? It's literal torture
I"ll see an item pop up "oh hey that's a wicked price...except when I DHL shipping it price will be almost doubled, and COD on top of that mid-shipment"
SAL or surface all day erry day, EMS for purchases I deem to be "special" or "rare/fragile"
Old 04-23-2021, 03:46 PM   #40
Digibasherx
Robot in Disguise

Got my DHL preprocessing invoice, 33 in taxes, and 20 dollar processing and VAT. Looked into the local CBSA office and the one that's opened to the public is at Pearson, so that's a nope.

I read up on their processing fee, it's essentially the fee for them to pony up the taxes ahead of time.