Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-12-2021, 08:57 AM   #1
Amandahugnkiss
Beast Machine
Food for thought on Beast Transformers

It's strange how many beast Transformers there are that were released prior to Beast Wars and Beast machines. One example is Grimlock who was released back in the G1 days along with several other Dinobots. Then there are Soundwave's minions and the Predacons and the Terrorcons. If I'm not mistaken, the Predacons were the first gestalt team that consisted of all Deluxe class Transformers. The only other one I can remember that I left out are the Secons. Then there's Sixshot and Trypticon.
Amandahugnkiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 12:29 PM   #2
Tiffster
Classic
Re: Food for thought on Beast Transformers

Kids like dinosaurs and cars and planes and robots. I imagine it was a no brainer for the toy designers. Though why alien species would model themselves as earth wildlife that clearly wasn't fooling anyone as passing as the real thing was just glossed right over (until beast wars). Still they where cool and are now inseperable from the mythos.
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 12:46 PM   #3
Amandahugnkiss
Beast Machine

I also forgot about the G1 Insecticons.
Old 04-12-2021, 04:00 PM   #4
optimusb39
Animated

Dont forget scorpinox
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 04:05 PM   #5
Amandahugnkiss
Beast Machine

Scorponok isn't too bad if you don't mind shelling out a lot of money for one that turns into a giant scorpion. I usually preferred vehicle Transformers, but getting a beast one is kinda nice once in awhile.

I got a question on Volkswagen Beetle Transformers. We've seen at least two Bumblebees that turn into one and a Cliffjumper that turns into one, but has there ever been a Decepticon that turns into a Volkswagen Beetle. I know Gobots went the opposite direction with Bug Bite.
Old 04-12-2021, 04:35 PM   #6
Digibasherx
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandahugnkiss View Post
Scorponok isn't too bad if you don't mind shelling out a lot of money for one that turns into a giant scorpion. I usually preferred vehicle Transformers, but getting a beast one is kinda nice once in awhile.

I got a question on Volkswagen Beetle Transformers. We've seen at least two Bumblebees that turn into one and a Cliffjumper that turns into one, but has there ever been a Decepticon that turns into a Volkswagen Beetle. I know Gobots went the opposite direction with Bug Bite.
Are you referring to MP Diaclone Bee? I don't think we had a Cliff that turns into a VW.
Digibasherx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 05:09 PM   #7
Amandahugnkiss
Beast Machine

I got a small red Cliffjumper from Target shortly after the movie came out. I probably threw the package away that tells the name, but he's definitely Cliffjumper and turns into a Beetle.
Old 04-12-2021, 05:14 PM   #8
wrx78
Generation 1

Loved the Mainframe CG show, but never got into organic beast alt modes. I'm all over robotic ones though, dinobots, snapdragon, apeface, weirdwolf, you name it.

Was never onboard with the technorganic look either. Diff strokes fer diff folks. I'm sure I'd be all about Beast Wars if I grew up in that era.

Odd part is I enjoyed Robots In Disguise back in the day, vehicles with Beast Wars style robot bodies and toy engineering.
wrx78 is offline   Reply With Quote