Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-18-2023, 01:51 PM   #3491
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: ToysRUs.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post
I used to visit the closest Toys R Us to my office weekly and would go out of my way to visit any close to any work appointments.

This new management isn't rejuvenating the brand among this crowd. One would think this is their opportunity to step up especially with Mastermind Toys being severely decimated.

Well we kind of had some hope recently when their pricing dropped down to be equivalent to their competitors. They were no longer the most expensive option in the market (even more than site sponsors).

My worry is that this is an early sign of what is to come in 2024. They may just be the leading edge of a new price increase at all retailers.

Then people will really start to ponder their dedication to this hobby when deluxes (and most 6" figures) are $40, Voyagers over $50? Leaders at say $90?

Yeah that is a sign to jump ship for those of us who rode out the last wave of price increases. Well at least that is what I am telling myself right now.

canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 11:29 PM   #3492
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

That's it!

I'm done! I know I'm not really done, but I want to be done with Toys R Us.

Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 09:07 AM   #3493
Tiffster
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Well we kind of had some hope recently when their pricing dropped down to be equivalent to their competitors. They were no longer the most expensive option in the market (even more than site sponsors).

My worry is that this is an early sign of what is to come in 2024. They may just be the leading edge of a new price increase at all retailers.

Then people will really start to ponder their dedication to this hobby when deluxes (and most 6" figures) are $40, Voyagers over $50? Leaders at say $90?

Yeah that is a sign to jump ship for those of us who rode out the last wave of price increases. Well at least that is what I am telling myself right now.

Or certainly to be Hella more selective with my purchases next year.
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 03:00 PM   #3494
cloudballoon
Generation 2

Quote:

Pretty much why I'm "forced" to turn into a 90% Geewunner since Kingdom by the crushing inflation/price hikes and dwindling shelf space. Already had to abandon the MP line and put them into storage.
cloudballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 03:05 PM   #3495
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffster View Post
Or certainly to be Hella more selective with my purchases next year.

That to of course. However if I get much more selective I may not be collecting certain lines anymore. I already bailed on Star Wars (both Black Series and TVC). Same with Super7, though I may pick up some O-ring from them for never before made characters.

Transformers has taken a big cut this year and I am pretty sure it will go down even more in 2024.

That leaves Joe and ML. However ML is becoming more and more a "get it on sale" line for me and I am really only get characters I want, or to update older figures.

Joe I am still in pretty strong, but I am almost two waves behind right now due to their crazy release schedule. Don't know when, or if, I'll catch up.

As for TFs right now I am in for the collaboratives most of the time, but again on sale mostly, and the Commander Class interests me even though they also have become over priced.

I guess 2024 will start the same way 2023 did where I almost never went into the store (TRU) until they finally dropped their prices.

Now with Pulse offering free shipping, and semi regular sales I can see myself using them more and TRU less in the new year.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 01:26 PM   #3496
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Does anyone have that TRU coupon that runs for all of January? Where did you find it? Been at TRU and made Dec purchases but never saw it anywhere. Id even use the Rooms and Spaces coupon that comes with it, they have a large toy section btw....
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 02:11 AM   #3497
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanX3 View Post
Does anyone have that TRU coupon that runs for all of January? Where did you find it? Been at TRU and made Dec purchases but never saw it anywhere. Id even use the Rooms and Spaces coupon that comes with it, they have a large toy section btw....

I got that coupon when I made a purchase 2 weeks ago
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 02:16 AM   #3498
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:

That leaves Joe and ML. However ML is becoming more and more a "get it on sale" line for me and I am really only get characters I want, or to update older figures.
I really hate collecting ML because due to the binary popularity of characters, you really can't afford to ignore a preorder if you want to secure any character that others might want as well. Been that way since Infinity War for me.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 06:25 PM   #3499
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanX3 View Post
Can you clear your PMs? I tried to send you a coupon image via PM but got an error.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 01:13 AM   #3500
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
Can you clear your PMs? I tried to send you a coupon image via PM but got an error.
Cleared...thanks for your help!
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote