Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Cybertron.ca Marketplace > Wanted Items

Old 03-31-2016, 02:21 PM   #1
smoothyg35
Generation 2
Looking for Xtransbots Ollie (aka G1 Wheelie)

Hey guys,

I'm trying to find this little guy but can't seem to source him out anywhere online.

Though there is the two pack of Ollie and Sonic on several sites:

http://www.acetoy.net/xtransbots-mmi...2-p-49115.html

http://www.tf-toy.com/pre-order-xtra...t-p-12058.html

I am really not wanting to have to pay $150+ just to get this little guy; what with shipping and the US exchange rate.

If anyone one of you guys can help, that would be greatly appreciated
smoothyg35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 02:28 PM   #2
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Re: Looking for Xtransbots Ollie (aka G1 Wheelie)

Can I just suggest waiting for the Titan's Returns Legends version? I mean, if you really want Ollie, good luck, but I HEAR he is terrible and falls apart...but don't take my word for it, it is heresay.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 02:36 PM   #3
smoothyg35
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBot View Post
Can I just suggest waiting for the Titan's Returns Legends version? I mean, if you really want Ollie, good luck, but I HEAR he is terrible and falls apart...but don't take my word for it, it is heresay.
Yea - was thinking about picking up the Titan Return's figure when it comes out but unfortunately it doesn't scale with MP figures.

I also heard about his issues with falling apart, loose joints, stress marks, but I would just keep him in robot mode in a display case.

I guess he's just aesthetically pleasing to look at like Daca Toys Kronos aka G1 Skyfire / Jetfire.
Old 03-31-2016, 03:47 PM   #4
predahank
Storing is hoarding

Do not order from acetoy or tf toy.
I had nightmare experience with them. Ordered a misb ko scorponok and wheeljack and all he sent me was a used scorponok incomplete. I eventually got visa to get the funds back but I'm out return shipping.
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 03:33 AM   #5
mrluthor
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by predahank View Post
I had nightmare experience with them. Ordered a misb ko scorponok and wheeljack and all he sent me was a used scorponok incomplete. I eventually got visa to get the funds back but I'm out return shipping.
Don't order from those sites they will screw you up big time. I ordered a KO Prime from the acetoy site took 5 months to get and paid a small fortune for shipping. Another bad site is kotoys.net avoid them too I ordered a ko scorponok and never got it. I have an Ollie but he is not for sale. He is a great little figure I have no problems with mine. The only issue with him is his legs are loose but that is due to his transformation.
mrluthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 07:54 AM   #6
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

smoothyg35, I'll keep my eyes peeled for ya'. If I see him anywhere, I'll let you know. Mrluthor, I say lucky you if no issues. Maybe you managed to snag a great copy, like my Brawl, he doesn't have the loose, floppy waust issue. Yay for lucky breaks,lol.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 08:09 AM   #7
innermanchild
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrluthor View Post
I have an Ollie but he is not for sale. He is a great little figure I have no problems with mine. The only issue with him is his legs are loose but that is due to his transformation.
Same for me. I've heard a lot of negative comments about Ollie, but besides the loose legs I haven't had any problems and it still looks great next to Magnus and Rodimus.

Quote:
Maybe you managed to snag a great copy, like my Brawl, he doesn't have the loose, floppy waust issue. Yay for lucky breaks,lol.
Sometimes I wonder if perception of a figure gets distorted based on the people that have a bad experience vs. those that don't. We have a tendency to voice our displeasure much more than our positive/neutral experiences.
innermanchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 09:18 AM   #8
Pascal
Banned

Get the die-cast version instead, it's cheaper, sturdier, nicer, and it can pull off both the toy and cartoon robot modes.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 09:22 AM   #9
smoothyg35
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by predahank View Post
Thanks for the heads up .... I was pretty sketch with when I emailed them for info. It's like they can barely speak English let alone understand what I was trying to ask !!
Old 04-01-2016, 09:26 AM   #10
smoothyg35
Generation 2

Quote:
smoothyg35, I'll keep my eyes peeled for ya'. If I see him anywhere, I'll let you know. Mrluthor, I say lucky you if no issues. Maybe you managed to snag a great copy, like my Brawl, he doesn't have the loose, floppy waust issue. Yay for lucky breaks,lol.
Much appreciated @ GotBot =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Get the die-cast version instead, it's cheaper, sturdier, nicer, and it can pull off both the toy and cartoon robot modes.
Hey Pascal - die-cast version?? any pics?? or links that I can snag a peek.