Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-01-2014, 01:48 AM   #171
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.
Re: !!!SPOILERS - TF4 AOE Movie Discussion - SPOILERS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
It was definitely action packed. But not enough Dinobot time for my liking. I thought the focus of this movie was going to be the Dinobots.

Brawn was awesome. Lockdown was a killer character but I wish Galvatron was portrayed that way instead. Galvatron was kinda lame.

And the thought of the Transformers "genome" being cracked only 5 years after the Chicago battle made me kinda scratch my head. Did all the other Autobots die? Only 4 Autobots left? How?
Everyone but the current Autobot cast died sometime between AOE and DOTM. I would assume the same way as Ratchet did. Plus OP did call out for more Autobots, they came and got targeted too. It must of been really bad in the few years after DOTM when he goes from.

We will never forsake this planet

to

All humanity must pay for what they did to me, my brothers in arms and our family.

I would also think Shia and MF's characters endured the same fate of Cade and Tessa did by the Shadow Government.

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 02:18 AM   #172
Undrave
Canadian Slag

the Dinobots are like Devastator in Revenge of the Fallen and the Wreckers in Dark of the Moon (to a lesser extant): they get ton of hype from Hasbro, tons of toys, they star in the trailers... and they ammount to about 20 minute of confusing action that doesn't ammount to anything important.

Screw you, Hollywood!
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:41 AM   #173
justprime
Animated

Hope they put the kreo pre story movies plot retelling on the dvd release thought that ws great if hasbro was smart they'd do some of these for direct DVD release,.. Kreo transformers movies yeh what a blast that would be for all ages.
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:51 AM   #174
laffy
Crossover

Aoe is a setup for tf5, Galvatron and the dinobots will be in most of tf5 reamer all transformers Movie are strictly to sell toys and additional g the dinobots was a smart call. I can't wait to see tf5
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 12:38 PM   #175
Darkroar
Generation 2
Darkroar's Ebay Auctions

I finally went to see the movie last night.

Overall I liked it. Yeah, the things that didn't make sense kind of bugged me -
* Optimus scanning a new truck and being in perfect health - I thought when he said the other autobots could fix him they were going to do something not just be in the vicinity when he scanned a truck.
* Optimus rocket boots. I saw someone mention maybe he got those when he picked up his sword... Maybe. More than that I still have a hard time seeing them being so good he could just fly up into space.
* It's OK to hate and kill humans now. I get they went through a lot of bad times, but it still didn't seem quite right for the Autobots.
* They forgot there were lots of autobots and let Prime get stuck alone with Galvatron and Lockdown. At the start there were 2 Decepticons - Galvatron and Stinger and like 5 Autobots. It was like in ROTF when Prime got stuck with Megatron and a bunch of Decepticons and he got killed. Where were the rest of the guys - hiding?
* ... and lots of other things, too many to bother mentioning them all.

There were some minor things -
* I wish the designs were a little more homage to the source - if Galvatron's head had more of his classic crown shape (3 points at the front) and Lockdown was lankier with that clamp jaw.
* Decepticons cube transformations were dumb.
* Hound talking got annoying after a while.
* The CEO guy of the company went from being kind of a serious CEO to comedy relief over the course of the movie.
* The way Optimus took control of Grimlock... and then letting the dinobots roam free on earth at the end.

Anyway, overall though, I did enjoy the movie more than I thought I would. There was a lot of good action, but it got a little long. By the end scenes I felt almost as if there was too much action and was kind of glad it was over.

I think I could recommend this to fans. Sure, it's not Beast Wars or Animated or even G1, but it's a fun action film.
Darkroar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 12:49 PM   #176
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
Aoe is a setup for tf5, Galvatron and the dinobots will be in most of tf5 reamer all transformers Movie are strictly to sell toys and additional g the dinobots was a smart call. I can't wait to see tf5
I myself can't wait for TF5 either, this movie has left a lot of options for more movies, I'm hoping that the next few will be as good at least as this one if not even better, and answer some of the questions that TF4 have opened.

A full robot movie, following prime into space would be great, but I think the costs for that would be way too high and take too long on CGI. So I think we could get a 1/4 to 1/2 of a movie with OP in space and the rest of story on earth.

The one thing that might happen ( and I wouldn't put it past them as they like changing original storyline history, and this would be to cut down on CGI costs only) is if they make the Quints into a old dying human race and that they created the robots for themselves and their sparks were for housing there souls. But something happens during the process when merged with computer/robot tech and they become more self-aware and they revolt against the Quints.

I'm sure I could come up with a few more, but what ever they do I hope that they are as good as the last two at least, and better than TF2 ROTF.

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:32 PM   #177
tfcrafter
Generation 1

Con: The freaking killed Ratchet.
tfcrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:35 PM   #178
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfcrafter View Post
Con: The freaking killed Ratchet.
Yeah and then they kept torturing us with it

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 02:18 PM   #179
steamwhistle
Crossover

I finally saw AOE last night.

And I just finished reading through 178 posts in this thread.

I am entertained/amused.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 02:23 PM   #180
steamwhistle
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Tonight Rotten Tomatoes shows that 60% of the audience enjoyed the film - the 16% is the film critics scores - folks of the same ilk that gave Star Wars terrible reviews in 1977.

And TF:TM '86 was a rip-off of Star Wars...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote