Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Cybertron.ca Marketplace > Transformers On Ebay

Old 04-05-2012, 07:38 PM   #41
TFtoys
Animated
Re: Do people here still use Ebay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwing View Post
I have used ebay a couple of times but never for Transformers, since either the prices are to expensive or to low to be trusted
LOL, what if something falls in between?
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #42
alternatorfan
g1 baby

yes just got a battle tankor for RTS prime for $60 shipped mind you its a KO but how far off can it be looks like the same packaging. will compare once received I had a KO nemesis upgrade city commanderr and it did not differ from the real one.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #43
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikkbones View Post
I don't use eBay after being ripped off on a sale and papal refunding the money to someone who had received item.
that has happened to $500 worth of transformers gone! shipping to china.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #44
Pascal
Banned

No tracking?

I just sold a mountain bike and a Transformer. Been quite a while since I sold anything on Ebay...
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:30 AM   #45
DamonL
Rollllllllout Autobots

I bought quite a few items on ebay actually.. it is a great place to find rare items or even items that arent at stores anymore. the price is obiviously going to be a bit more pricey..but then again, you prob cant find it anywhere else anyways without ebay loll

fomr a buyer's point of view.. free shipping is very attractive, at least psychologically, but most of the time, the seller offers free shipping by increasing the item price.. so either way it doesnt make that much of a difference for ebay buyers.

i try to buy only from those who offer tracking number and a good rating, and only if its a figure i really want, because the wait for the shipment to come is agonizing!
DamonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:38 AM   #46
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Ebay is riding on their first out of the gate status. They were the first big site for this and have managed to stay that way.

I find a big problem on Ebay is the professional sellers. If you look at any given time, the majority of items are listed as "Buy it Now" rather than auctions. They also start at ridiculously high prices. Combine that with shipping and it isn't surprising that it is tougher and tougher to find items at a good price.

That said, I still buy and sell on their fairly regularly. Selling an item auction style, if it has a good value is actually pretty smart. Since there are so few auctions anymore it can lead to bidding wars and a high final value. Yes a low value item isn't worth it with the fees, but otherwise it is still as good, if not better than here or kijiji.

Kijiji is basically no different than Ebay. You get "professional" sellers asking high prices, but you also have to put up with a lot of people lowballing items as well. Also, sad as it is to say, you don't have any real protection for deals.

Collector boards, like here, are pretty good, but I find on collector boards that people are too invested in their items. The attachment we place to our items when we are selling skews selling practices and prices. That's why I love conventions where a collector is looking to get out of collecting or shrink their collection. They usually have the best deals with the best condition items, while also being able to phyiscally examine the item before buying.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote