Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-16-2020, 02:23 AM   #81
The Nemesis
Alternator
Re: Siege Red Wing: Any news on a Canadian release?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post
Well last time I ordered Siege Ratbat I got a couple of pacifiers...
Did you at least eventually get a proper Ratbat/Rumble? I've never even seen one (the closest was someone on here in the BC sightings thread saying that they were returning one to a store several hours away from me). Given how far away we're now getting from the last waves of Siege being released, I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and pay some silly scalper price on eBay if I really want one. Or pray that later waves of Earthrise feature re-releases the way some of the Battlemasters (and Astrotrain) are getting a second life.

Honestly, I wish Hasbro would figure out that this sort of late-wave scarcity seems like it's almost always a problem (I'm looking at you, PotP Novastar) and perhaps tighten up the release schedule to a set 4 waves (Christmas, March-ish, June-ish, and about September). It should surprise no one that stores are probably not going to want to take fresh stock of a soon-to-be-discontinued product in like late October/November when they've probably still got oodles of earlier stuff that hasn't moved yet and are going to end up doing a slash and burn clearance when the calendar rolls over.

Sorry. I think I've been holding that rant in for a while, lol.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 04:09 PM   #82
big dawg
Energon

Lol well once you order one online (like I did for $35) you are sure to find one for retail (like I did, on sale for $9). Now I have to figure out what to do with the expensive version if/when it ever arrives

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Did you at least eventually get a proper Ratbat/Rumble? I've never even seen one (the closest was someone on here in the BC sightings thread saying that they were returning one to a store several hours away from me). Given how far away we're now getting from the last waves of Siege being released, I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and pay some silly scalper price on eBay if I really want one. Or pray that later waves of Earthrise feature re-releases the way some of the Battlemasters (and Astrotrain) are getting a second life.

Honestly, I wish Hasbro would figure out that this sort of late-wave scarcity seems like it's almost always a problem (I'm looking at you, PotP Novastar) and perhaps tighten up the release schedule to a set 4 waves (Christmas, March-ish, June-ish, and about September). It should surprise no one that stores are probably not going to want to take fresh stock of a soon-to-be-discontinued product in like late October/November when they've probably still got oodles of earlier stuff that hasn't moved yet and are going to end up doing a slash and burn clearance when the calendar rolls over.

big dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 04:35 PM   #83
predahank
Storing is hoarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by big dawg View Post
Lol well once you order one online (like I did for $35) you are sure to find one for retail (like I did, on sale for $9). Now I have to figure out what to do with the expensive version if/when it ever arrives
easy you put it for sale for $35 to try and recover your cost. Then you can get accused of scalping for profit. Lose Lose! lol
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 07:40 PM   #84
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by big dawg View Post

Ouch. That sucks.

$35 is probably my absolute worst case scenario, and I think a local specialty/collectors' toy shop was selling at least one Ratbat/Rumble for around that much (to which I scoffed and vowed not to pay that amount)

I'm still also trying to track down Singe and Rung but it's a little less of a concern since one of them (Singe?) is supposed to get an Earthrise re-release at some point. But the damn Coronavirus insanity is putting damper on my willingness to travel a day-long loop to the 2 TRU and 5-6 Walmarts within reach of me.

If your extra does arrive I'd certainly be willing to take it off your hands for a fair price. I just don't know what a 'fair price' is given the way the market for those rarer figures has gone.

On topic, shipment tracking says my Red Wing left a sorting facility in Toronto on Friday night with no updates since then. Now I have to hope it makes it across the country before something crazy happens like air freight shuts down to curb people traveling across provincial borders. ETA is still this coming Friday.

Because I do no want the stupid coronavirus to prevent me from getting my irrelevant-in-the-grand-scheme-of-things toy robot
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 05:24 AM   #85
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Red Wing is in stock and available for order (can be put in cart) again, now! (5:20am EST).

But then again they cancelled my last order, or they can send me pacifiers instead... so it is a crapshot.

(To answer one of you: yes, I did eventually got Siege Ratbat at a actual, real, physical TRU by pure luck)

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 07:43 AM   #86
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Well tried again this morning so we shall see. If it gets cancelled this time, I'm not trying again
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 09:53 AM   #87
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Well tried again this morning so we shall see. If it gets cancelled this time, I'm not trying again
+1 Same here...

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 10:58 AM   #88
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post

I've never seen Singe, Rung or Ratbat/Rumble in the wild here in Fredericton, NB. Now that everyone has put out Wave 1 of Earthrise (completely, down to Battle Masters) I feel like it's a lost cause to find them in the wild other than possibly sent to Winners.

What I ended up doing was pre-ordering and buying them from Japan (AmiAmi), since the online stores were not selling them for scalper prices (Yen price is still annoying compared to retail). You might want to troll some Japanese web stores that have English sites to see if anyone still has them in stock (AmiAmi does not...). They may also show up on the used stores in Japan for reasonable prices (Mandarake, Jungle of Japan, etc.).

Of course Rung has a confirmed ER re-release too. I wish Ratbat/Rung did...
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 11:00 AM   #89
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phtcndn View Post
Surprisingly my copy does not have the smirk like Thundercracker. It’s the same head sculpt as Starscream. Box was sealed so there was no tampering.
I got mine yesterday and it had the smirk (plus a dot of paint missing on the nose... Or is that battle weathering detail sprayed up there)

WEIRD.
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 07:10 PM   #90
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by predahank View Post
easy you put it for sale for $35 to try and recover your cost. Then you can get accused of scalping for profit. Lose Lose! lol
Well that might be a possibility but my order for 2 came out to $91 so I don't think 35 is even cost. I just got an email saying they shipped so we shall see what happens. Odd since my first attempt was processing for a week and when I called them the order was cancelled an hour later
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote