Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Collections Spotlight

Old 09-30-2010, 10:02 PM   #1
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: GMfan's Ultra Magnus Madnus Collection

I could have posted my entire collection of Transformers, though it would have taken some time to take those pics with it being so dispersed about my house, and most of it is your run of the mill stuff from the last 8 or so years you could find in retail. So I figured I'd post my collection that most don't focus on and I seem to specialize in, ULTRA MAGNUS!

Generation 1

G1 (1986) - The original bad boy, based off of Diaclone Powered Convoy and the last Diaclone toy to be used in the Transformers line. This one may not be a total original, he's the TRU reissue but with G1 launchers. I actually prefer the short stacks as they don't pop up in "Ultra" mode and he’s got the rubber tires, blue face plate, and red eyes which are perfect for Magnus. Without him the rest would not have followed, and will definitely hold a special place in my heart.

Masterpiece (2004)
– Not quite Ultra...but he did come with an incredibly crappy build yourself trailer!!!...oddly though he does have the Matrix so apparently this is Magnus taken from some time after Prime died and before Galvatron slagged him on Junk.

6’ Titanium (2007)
– A rather rare 6’ titanium that didn’t see at retail release in many provinces and states. I however did find this one at a local Zellers so huzzah! :P A great representation of G1 Ultra Magnus totally self contained and not having a separate “Magnus” cab...great...if you can get your hands on one.

Classics (2007)/City Commander Set (2008)
– An ordinary Magnus figure few wanted was turned instantly desirable once the City Commander set was released for him. Though he’s no longer a car carrier the trailer explodes into 8 pieces to form the “Ultra” armor and 1 piece that becomes the BFG. Added were the G1 Magnus missiles and Autobot insignias.

Custom by chansformers (2009)
– A 23rd birthday gift from the awesome Otis who took a G1 Ultra Magnus and added some articulation to him and some upgraded weaponry. This amazing piece only proves the way to this man’s heart is through his Ultra Magnus.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:02 PM   #2
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
GMfan's Ultra Magnus Madnus Collection

Costume (1986) - This mask is from a 1986 Halloween costume, sold with a lame smock like onesie outfit that had the G1 UM box art on the chest with a white background and blue pants (Reference). Since it's such an old costume most of the masks were IMMEDIATELY tossed after Halloween or destroyed over the years. Granted this one isn't in the best of shape either but it's the only time I've seen one in person...damn rare it is... <3 it. Poor fool only wanted $6 for it too...

Children's Snow Gloves (1986) - Is it sad that this is probably one of the holiest of grails in my collection? Why you ask? Well...before Cheers Ian stumbled upon these in some "pop culture shop" called Groovy in Pittsburgh (of all the places...) I had NO F'N idea they even existed! And holy piss, the condition they're in!!! The lenticular is unscratched, the lining intact, the stitching looks brand new, the pleather undamaged...amazing, simply amazing how this looks over 25 years later. So glad he didn't hesitate to grab them. The lenticular transitions between the G1 character box art for Ultra Magnus and the More Then Meets the Eye Transformers logo.

Decoy (1986)
– Probably the most I’ll ever pay for a piece of rubber. Though we did get the decoys in North America we did not get the TF: Movie characters. However Japan did! He’s also available in other colours like yellow and blue but chose red as it was the Autobot decoy colour.

Scramble City Gun Set Vinyl Figurine AKA Super Decoy (1986)
- When I thought I overpaid for the small decoy...well to be fair, I paid less then half when this guy usually goes for mint in package with all the extra crap I don't care about. He is a Japanese exclusive figurine and tough to come by. He's pretty much three pieces of vinyl (one large red one, two small blue ones) put together and some paint apps (mostly silver, some shiny blue) added to make the molded details pop. He's also got arm articulation...so...not far off from his G1 counterpart.

3-D/2-D Puzzle by Milton Bradley (1986) - A bit of a rare oddity, especially finding one complete. Got this for myself to commemorate surviving 24 years of life. Somewhat of a triple changer if you consider all the modes...really has an odd charm to him for being so unique.

Pulsating Light AM Radio (1986) - While visiting TFW's avid Transformers merch collector Alphie, Aaron of WTF@TFW fame found this little gem and hooked me up with him. The box has seen better days but OMG!! It has the original factory manual within?!...ya I'm lame. It's a sweet piece which I had to remove from the box and test. Wow this thing is pristine. Like I just picked it up off a shelf. Let's see if it works!...well...it played some Hindi bollywood music for about 3 seconds and crapped out...guess I'll need to get another to crack open and modify so I have a functional one!

Voice Changer (1986)
- Thought the movie Optimus helmet was the first Transformers voice changer? WRONG! Ultra Magnus was! Course this system was a little less sophisticated...looks kinda like a walky-talky...worked like one too, except you had to put a straw in your mouth, then push a button, then talk...mmmrrrmmm doesn't bode much confidence in being a good voice changer. YOU TRY TALKING WITH A STRAW IN YOUR MOUTH! Haven't tested if this one works but I highly doubt you'll sound anything like Robert Stack or Jack Angel...

Magnet (1986) - It's fun finding items that even the "Mighty Protoman" didn't know existed...like this one! :P Another UK oddity from back in the day...this magnet was a promotional item given when you purchased Peter's brand ice cream. Made with metal and coated in mylar this magnet is able to stand the test of time. Apparently Ultra Magnus loves fudgesicles...what a co-incidence...so do I!

S.T.A.R.S. Booklet (1986) - A surprise gift from Cheers Ian at TFcon 2011. Apparently along with his City Commander duties, Ultra Magnus was also the Commander of S.T.A.R.S. (the Secret Transformers Autobot Rescue Squad)! Busy guy....though the cover is the only Ultra Magnus art in the booklet, the remainder of it talks from Ultra Magnus's perspective and gives you info on Wheeljack, Sunstreaker, Ratchet, Mirage, and Thundercracker and how to mail away order them. This was also the way one would mail away and obtain the Omnibots (Downshift, Camshaft, and Overdrive) and Reflector back in the 80's.

Custom by chansformer (2010) - Another birthday gift from my man Otis. Taking the Ultra Magnus voice changer and removing the innards and straw in the back and adding some internal weights he turned it into a paperweight and totally repainted him to have a nicer G1 colour scheme (Yay! More dark blue! And as you can see the original voice changer lacked MUCH colour and detailing). It's simple but once again, it's got a special place collection.

Super Collection Figures Act 1 (2000) - Found by the Protoman and given to my madnus collection where he knew it'd be proudly put on display instead of sitting in a box. The Takara SCF line had 4 versions of Ultra Magnus (still need to get the last 2...) and to those that may recognize the molding, yes this is the line that would eventually become our Heroes of Cybertron, though our versions had less paint apps and added light piping in the eyes.

VHS Tape (2000) - Were VHS cassette's still made in 2000?! Well apparently Kid Rhino made a couple of volumes of Transformers episodes during this time, this one being Volume 8: Evil Experiment! Now I grabbed this at TFcon 2011 as it caught the corner of my eye having new Ultra Magnus art I haven't seen before, dealer wanted $5 for it, and he got it pretty quickly...I'm so simple to please sometimes. Volume 8 is supposed to contain the episodes "The Killing Jar" and "Webworld"...however when I slid out the tape to view and see if there was some new footage, what was within was G2's "Megatron's Master Plan"...son of a whore! Good thing I really just wanted it for the box art.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.

Last edited by GMfan; 08-12-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:04 PM   #3
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: GMfan's Ultra Magnus Collection

Super Collection Figures Act 4 "Early Colours" (2001) - "Early Colours"...why don't ya just say it, it's his Diaclone colours...

Heroes of Cybertron (2003)
– Another part of my gift from Otis...mint on sealed card...I couldn’t remove him. Still looking for a loose one I can fiddle with :P

Myclone (2003)
– If this isn’t the most adorable poseable Ultra Magnus ever...quite articulated too and oh so much fun packed into 2 inches. He was only available in Japan so not easy to get. Protoman helped me find this guy at TFcon 2010.

G1 Figure-Collection (2003) -
AKA Bottle Cap Ultra Magnus, as the base he stands on is roughly the size of a bottle cap, making him about an inch tall and round the same height as a Mini-con while on the base. These are ridiculously difficult to find so I jumped on a BIN of $10 shipped on ebay for him. I like how his colours give you a view of what he'd look like if you were seeing him on an old school black and white TV...and a stand that reminds me of who he is, in case I ever go senile or get retrograde amnesia.

Robot Heroes (2007) –
Came in a 2 pack with Megatron...even though his mortal enemy was Galvtron but hey at least this somewhat explains the eventual rivalry. This was a gift from the wonderful Oasis, who too has a Maggy fixation.

Kabaya Candy Kit (2010)
- A shrunken down, build it yourself, version of the 6' Titanium Ultra Magnus, only available in Japan. Due to it being a cheap little candy model kit toy (much like our kinder surprise) you can't expect much, but it still has a full transformation, and more poseable then his G1 father. Too bad he's riddled with cheap stickers but for $10 at the most how can you complain about yet another tiny Magni?

Custom by me, Chris (AKA GMfan) (2010) -
A redeco of the Kabaya Candy Kit Ultra Magnus using just a few stickers and using paint as a more permanent colouring for this figure as the original stickers in their entirety didn't feel the most secure. Went for a slightly different colour scheme from the original Kabaya Candy Kit figure going for the G1 figure look more with the white hips and red thighs. Once again, just goes to show, a little detailing can make all the difference.

Super Deformed Bust (2006)
– Only in existence thanks to TFW2005. Another case of Ultra Magnus and adorableness...that face alone. Little secret about this bust, he’s my “hang in there kitty” poster when I need the motivation to keep chugging. I CAN deal with this now!!! This one is number 316/500.

Diamond Select Bust (2009)
– Got a steal on this from down_shift for $20...who turns that down!? Still a really nice display piece about 7-8 inches tall. This one is number 16/1000

Tech Deck Manga (2007)
– AKA Ultra Radness! Oddly this isn’t an official Hasbro product, but a clear homage to the City Commander. He’s got magnets in his feet and wires in his arms so he can move his rubber body ever so slightly. A cool little oddity nevertheless.

KO Robot Heroes (2010) - Found this little oddity in California while I was visiting there in Dec 2010 - Jan 2011. Basically a clear plastic version of Robot Heroes Ultra Magnus but clearly (no pun intended) a direct recasting as all posability is lost, no more head turning or arm rotation. Either way the second I saw him I couldn't tell whether or not the price tag was "$2.0" or "$20"...turns out it was $2...little did the fool know I probably woulda paid $20 for this rare item...

Fan Made Magnets, Keychains, and Pins (2012) - It was Sunday afternoon TFcon 2012, I didn't feel like I had a large enough haul so I started walking around the dealer room and started stumbling upon various dealers with various Ultra Magnus nicknacks and things. They really had to twist my arm (for just over a microsecond) before I threw a couple of bucks towards these independent businesses and walked away with a chibi Ultra Magnus magnet, keychain, and 2 pins (bottom row) which were placed next to my crotch for the rest of the weekend...what?! I had to keep the tradition going...three years strong.

Last edited by GMfan; 08-12-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:05 PM   #4
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Worlds Smallest Transformers (2010) - Made by Heero Toys Maker (not Hasbro), this Ultra Magnus trailer was made to fit WST White Convoy and is much nicer in proportions then Jizaitoys's attempt at WST Ultra Magnus released earlier that year. Picked this one up off ebay for $25 after a recording of Canadian Slag...Protoman also took a dive and got one as well...son of a bitch got his a week and a half before I did...*grumble grumble*... all and all a great figure for something fan made.

WST Movie Preview Ultra Magnus (2010) - By Heero Toys Maker...ok...maybe it's WST Powered Convoy...I don't fudgin' know these things don't come with "official" names so I'll consider him Movie Preview to go with the larger one I still plan on getting. Either way a nice representation of both characters and as perfect a mold as Heero's G1 coloured version.

WST Shining Ultra Magnus (2010) - By Heero Toys Maker. Well had to get the third version of the full Ultra Magnus mold and just like his "big brother" this version too also has a solid coloured cab amongst the overwhelming uric acid coloured clear yellow trailer. Always wondered why they didn't just make the original version's cab clear plastic too but my guess is because of the die-cast in the cab...wouldn't have been a problem here though as there is no die-cast. Bah well...missed opportunity for improvement.

WST Glow-in-the-Dark Ultra Magnus (2010) - By Heero Toys Maker. This one was annoying to get...first one got lost in the mail, had to order a second...blah blah...but once I finally got my hands on him I knew it was worth it. He's an awesome little piece that glows QUITE bright in the dark. I wish I was better at taking pictures so I could have captured that in action but it's really more of something one needs to see in person to fully appreciate.

WST Nemesis/Nucleon Quest/Nonsensical Ultra Magnus (2011) - By Heero Toys Maker (I swear, this asshole has realized that if he makes anything with this mold, there's at least one dick in Ontario willing to buy it). Now this Ultra Magnus...I don't know WTF is going on with him. The cab is Nemesis like with the red windshields...but he's got Autobot symbols so maybe Nucleon Quest? But then we get to the trailer and...well it's mostly Powered Convoy in colour...but with the legs and chest piece now red, and head and missiles now blue...he's a homage to nothing...absolutely NOTHING Ultra Magnus related that I know of. He makes no sense at all, and for once...I think I like him more because of that fact.

WST Monochrome Black Ultra Magnus (2011) - Made by...same guys who made the other five damn it...this one though is pretty F'n sweet. I'll admit I coined the "monochrome" name for him but it really is suiting. Comparing colour schemes between him and the original, what was red before is now black, what was blue is now dark blackish grey, and what was white is now a lighter shade of that dark blackish grey...I know...it's hard to describe :P But the effect is really cool and if not for the stickers would capture the monochrome feel entirely.

Last edited by GMfan; 08-31-2011 at 11:11 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:06 PM   #5
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Generation 2

E-Hobby Laser (2006)
- Ultra Magnus as an Oil Tanker? Sure...why not?! I held off for some time on getting the highly praised RiD Scourge after finding out that there was an Ultra Magnus version of the mold and wanting him to be my first exposure to the mold...I saved myself for him! :P Needless to say...he's pretty sweet. There's so many little things I love that this toy does. His robot mode from the neck down is SO Ultra Magnus suiting but the head is his Magnus head...it's like he ripped of his "Ultra" helmet mid-battle and just kept truckin'. Even his shoulders look like his "stacks"! The cab has a wicked cool fade from grey to white, and the missiles still homage his original missiles so well with the red and white. Oddly though he still comes with the Laser Optimus stickers...which would scream Optimus across the tanker...I don't think I'll ever be applying them, lol. I really want a RtS Laser Optimus repaint in these colours now!!

Robots in Disguise

RiD (2001)
For the longest time my favourite transforming Ultra Magnus figure, still is in the top 3. Though he doesn’t have a fluid transformation but he is huge in both robot, and vehicle mode, and able to carry at least 3 deluxe sized cars in his alt mode. Sure he’s got big legs...but he’s ULTRA MAGNUS...watch out...he gun step on youz.

Car Robots (2001) -
God Magnus...initially looking side by side at pictures online you'd think the only difference would be the Autobot insignia missing from the side of the alt mode, but what you don't see is the difference in plastic. The blue, grey, and red plastic on him on have that metallic swirl that never photographs as well as you'd like but looks so sexy in person. I'd have to say, if you can, get this version over the American as they'll run you roughly the same price by the time the dust settles and this one just looks so much nicer in the light.

Spychanger (2001)
– Quite possibly the fastest transforming Ultra Magnus ever with 4 steps. Didn’t think I would like him but I keep finding myself fiddling with him from time to time.

Universe/Cybertron (2003/2005) - Originally this bad boy was a Sam's Club exclusive sold in a single pack but released along side a single packed yellow version of RiD Optimus Prime. Two years later he was repacked without any changes and put in a 2 pack for the Cybertron line with RiD Optimus Prime as a Costco Exclusive. Needless to say he's been a little difficult to obtain,
over the years his value has nearly tripled and goes for a pretty penny on many online sites and forums. Often times though some hardly realize it's different from the initial release of RiD Magnus as the only difference is some darker blue plastic, and more beige instead of white plastic...glad I found one of the sellers who didn't know they had the rarer universe version!

Universe Spychanger (2004)
– A Walmart exclusive that came in a 2 pack with Spychanger Ironhide. I actually got 2 of this guy at TFcon 2010 one from Ultra Primal, the other from Aaron (of WTF@TFW fame). I kept one MOSC. Overall the same mold as the 01 spychanger but with a lot more paint apps. The middle 4 wheels are now painted black, the lights on top of the cab are red, and this little gem on his rear end...

Just more of him to love...

Last edited by GMfan; 08-31-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:07 PM   #6
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Energon

– Another one in the Ultra Magnus rarity book. An Armada Overload repaint that was only available in the initial wave of Energon so if you passed on him the first time you saw him you probably didn’t see him in retail again. Poor in poseability but I still like him. Also the first and only Ultra Magnus that’s technically a headmaster.

Animated

Hasbro release (2008)
– A really great design for big blue...really G1 inspired with some nice new takes. Derrick J Wyatt did him justice and this toy really had an amazing ability to go from a boxy alt mode to a wicked curvy robot mode that Animated had stylized. Huge. Lights. Sounds. Bad ass....and yes...Derrick did sign him top of his cab XD

Roadbuster Ultra Magnus (2009) - One of those...unusual...tail end of Animated's figures colour schemes. As his name suggests, these colours are a homage to the Wrecker, Roadbuster in his typical green and orange get up. How can I justify this and somehow fit it into the Animated fiction? Perhaps to join in battle Ultra Magnus decided to use Wheeljack's invention, Electronic Paint, which allows the wearer to manipulate their colours. Why would Ultra Magnus need this ability? Well being the Magnus of the Autobots puts a huge target on your aft, and this was one way to avoid being easily spotted in the field. I'll only pose him with all weapons deployed, showing him battle ready at all times.

Takara release (2010) – Same as the American version but shiny and expensive...only for the diehard Animated and Ultra Magnus fans.

Shattered Glass

2012 - I did it...I caved...I got a shattered glass figure...BUT in my defense...it was the ONE F'N CHARACTER I would have caved for. Jon Spannring was kind enough to pick this one up for me personally at Botcon. At first I had my reservations. I didn't initially like the cheap cop out of using the Diaclone colours for an "opposite universe" Ultra Magnus, but the more I've been looking at him the more I see the method behind the madness. It's basically the red and blue portions swapping colours, and what was white is now black, which does work and I've warmed up to it. The blue plastic is nice with that metallic swirl like God Magnus, it's sexy. There are actually a lot of paint apps on him too which nicely pop details in robot mode, but the vehicle mode kinda looks plain...and that hood tramp stamp...wtf...speaking about wtf's, do ya need that rubsign for when you got a the emblem on the side windows. Still on the fence about how I feel on the clear face...the light piping looks cool but part of me really thinks he'd look better in black with silver dry brushing. I think I'll always have mixed feelings about this one. :P

Last edited by GMfan; 08-12-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:08 PM   #7
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Prime

Cyberverse Commander (2012) - The "aligned continuity" Ultra Magnus. I guess I can take this time for a little history lesson. The aligned continuity Ultra Magnus made his first appearance in the Exodus novel which takes place in the War for Cybertron time. Ultra Magnus is the leader of the Wreckers and apparently, really bad ass with his hammer in hand. I often wondered if he'd ever make his way onto the Prime TV show considering his role in the novels and constant mention of the Wreckers in the storyline...then this toy got announced. My eyebrow already started to raise as there are molded portions in there like the wheels over the shoulders and on the inside of his legs which make no sense unless you're aiming for CG/on-screen accuracy. At the time of writing this, Ultra Magnus still isn't confirmed on the show...but we also have a voyager toy of him coming down the line. So consider me amazed if he never does. As for this toy, he's cool...but far from great. I just have a special place in my heart for him as he was also brought to me by my good friend Jeremy (Gogdog) the week before TFcon 2012 where we had a blast at an amazing lakeside cottage. Memories...

Magnus Collection

Sports Label (2007) - Ok...technically it's not Magnus...it's "White Convoy". But you look at him and tell me it isn't Magnus. All the baby blue and yellow eyes...honestly though I can see why this line never really carried on though. This guy is "shellformer" to the extreme, I mean, look at that arm kibble! Still...at least I can say I have a Magnus that transforms into a shoe...and that's kinda rad on it's own.

6' Titanium War Within (2007) - Apologies for not taking more exciting pose pics...but you work with what ya got :P I wasn't a huge fan of the 6' Titanium line, especially their early figures which this figure was a repaint of, but I have to admit, this guy grew on me, at least on a visual level. The mold is still awful but the colours are really nice. He incorporates some nice red and blue accents from his "Ultra" form and since this is War Within I like to think this is Magnus before obtaining his Ultra Armour. It's kinda cool for just having the youngest form of Magnus in a toy.

Alternity (2009) - The only E-Hobby exclusive figure to come out in the Alternity line...and it had to be you..."UltLa Magnus" (look on the box, Engrish is there). Initially most were asking $80 for him but as per usual I figured that no one gives a crap about "white prime" repaints and he'll come down. Sure enough able to grab him for half that and have to say though for my first exposure to the mold it's pretty cool. There's some automorphing in there, and some genius transformation scheme in the legs. Add in a cool pearl finish on a sexy sporty alt mode that is the Nissan GTR and you got a pretty solid Magnus.

Ultra Megmos (2010)
– Some factory in Asia pumped this and a bunch of other KO Transformers plushies. I think he’s cool though, sure he may not be Ultra but he was swinging next to my crotch all weekend of TFcon 2010...longest relationship I’ve ever had.

TFC Toys Targetroid Ultra, Animation on Demand Exclusive (2012) - A TFcon 2012 gift from Ben aka Peaugh. I had no idea this figure was already out before TFcon but Ben saunters in on the Thursday night and ran into me right before I had to leave to pick up Scott McNeil and the airport, pulls out a bag and says "I'm just giving this stuff away" and at the bottom I caught a glimpse of this bitch and my Magnus sense tingled. My instincts grabbed it without hesitation and was all "you're giving this away?!"...I still owe him a drink for this dude...or did I get him one?...those TFcon evenings are a grey area... O_o

Last edited by GMfan; 08-12-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:08 PM   #8
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Artwork

Derrick J Wyatt (2009) - Got this from Derrick after his first TFcon in 2009. Had to dig a little for it as it got lost in my archives here's the sketched Autobot's Magnus in command. Cool how he did this off the top of his head without any reference.

Derrick J Wyatt (2010)
– Drawn at TFcon 2010 by the man behind his creation himself...wanna know the awesome part? He coloured that in crayon...amazing. I was actually speechless when he handed it to me, and that doesn’t happen often.

Marcelo Matere (2010)
– Picked this up from the elusive TFA box artist at Botcon 2010...funny thing is it’s Roadbuster Ultra Magnus’s box art done in his original (G1 inspired) colours.

Eric Siebenaler (2010)
– A great story with this one from Botcon 2010. Hasbro would always hint at their future plans with a “STAY TUNED!” in their panel. So I ask Eric to draw me an original Ultra Magnus design...and I start getting a movie vibe off of this as he’s drawing it so making conversation I ask “I wonder what a movie version of Ultra Magnus would look like...” To which he looked up. Smiled. And said “STAY TUNED!”

O_o son. of. a. bitch.

(Perhaps he was hinting at this)

Alex Milne (2011) - Drawn on the back of C4's exclusive Drift #4, Alex wanted to draw me an Ultra Magnus...I'm pretty sure it was just to pass the time at the dismal show that was Anime North 2011...

Lenny Panzica (2011) - I think I'm going to make it a new tradition that every Botcon I'm going to try and get at least 1 Hasbro designer to sketch me an Ultra Magnus. This year I had the good fortune of meeting and chatting with Len Panzica who will be doing the designs for the Transformers Prime Deluxe line. Figured since he's working on Prime toys, it'd be awesome if he drew me a Prime Magnus...I got Prime "Magnes" instead, but can't help but love this drawing even more for that error :P Enjoy a glimpse into "what may be"...

Dan Khanna (2011) - Apparently I totally forgot to get something from Dan when he came to TFcon 2010, because even Daniel was all "YOU DIDN'T SEE HIS MAGNUS PRINTS?!". So I had to rectify this when I saw him at Botcon this year, grabbed a print and figured I'd hold off on all his other Magni related ones as the one I really wanted that he has posted on his DA sold out before I got there...damn my thirst for toys first. Colours are by Josh Perez...I love Josh...

Casey Coller (2011) - Round 2010 (under the reign of Andy Schmidt) IDW's art quality took a serious hit and their usual good artists were either not given work or replaced by inferior artists (see: Carlos Magno). But during this time there was one artist that was still able to rise above the rest and produce a cool mini-series for Ironhide. So when I saw Casey at Botcon 2011 with an Ultra Magnus print I couldn't help but bring myself to grab a print and let the man know how good of a job he's done.

Walter Gatus (2012)
- Walter Gatus, Transformers: Prime Character Designer, has a table at San Deigo Comic Con 2012. Colin (Super_Megatron) goes to San Deigo Comic Con 2012 and meets Walter Gatus. Colin gets an art book from Walter Gatus with a sketch of a character Walter Gatus designed for Transformers: Prime. Colin brings this book to TFcon 2012 and shows the sketch to Chris. Chris goes: O_O "THIS IS MINE!" and ran off with the book. Chris now has this book in his collection. The end.

Iron-on Patch (1986)
- Back in 1986 there were 10 iron-on patches that were included with mini-bots and combiner limbs. They were blind packed so you never really knew which one you were gonna get...thank you ebay for letting me know EXACTLY what I get :P Though the glue on the back is crystallized (then again like I was gonna put this on something other then my UM display shelf) it came still stuck to the iron-on card...I peeled it off for my, and now your, viewing enjoyment.

Robert Stack Autograph - An authentic autograph from the man himself who first voiced Ultra Magnus. Known for his deep voice and mostly for his work in The Untouchables and Unsolved Mysteries, Robert Stack played Ultra Magnus in his North American debut in the 1986 Transformer Movie. Unfortunately, Mr. Stack passed away in 2003 and I'd bet actually having anything Ultra Magnus related signed by him is quite quite rare. Eventually I'd like to frame this with a nice picture of Ultra Magnus from the 86 movie.

"The Case"
As of 07/01/11

Last edited by GMfan; 08-13-2012 at 10:05 AM.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:15 PM   #9
Protoman
The Legend

I am proud.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:22 PM   #10
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

This is an excellent visual reference GM Fan...awesome!

Curious...do you plan to get the WST UM with trailer from Heerotoysmaker?

Hope to see an MP UM Trailer posted here some day. ;-)
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collection, ultra magnus