Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-18-2015, 10:29 AM   #1
Undrave
Canadian Slag
Am I the only one bored?

Like, not of the franchise, and certainly not the fiction, but of what is available in stores??

I love the Combiner Wars dude I got, but I'm not exactly chomping at the bit to buy more and complete more combiners. There is still a few single figures I want but not whole teams.

Devastator look like a guant waste of space and money.

And the RID line... I really wanted to like it but there's just nothing there! It's all cars! Cars and trucks and one Dinobot, and more characters in new outfits than the 90's Batman toyline! When do we get Aquastrike Bumblebee and Capture Claw Strongarm?! Either that or unarticulated simple guys (minicons are really terrible) and not enough Decepticons even if you're generous enough to include the One Step Changers!! RiD is filled with crazy design and NONE of them are being put to plastic!

Meanwhile in the third party world everybody isntripping over themselves to make Masterpiece this or
maaterpiece that, there's like twenty different sets of Dinobots, combiners, and even some Dinobot combiners.

When I look at the Beast Era and the Unicron Trilogy there were so many different alt modes, so many onsane concept, so much more variety in colors with sibdued tones and varied hues and robots were made of alt mode chunks. Some Unicron era vehicles are just body part arranged into a space vehicle!

Animated came with its unique silhouettes and stylized vehicles and even the Revenge of the Fallen era was interesting with inhuman shaped robots, toasters, biplanes, forklifts, roadsters and hovercraft!

What the heck happened since Dark of the Moon to kill fun and imagination in this toyline?!
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:33 AM   #2
Pascal
Banned
Re: Am I the only one bored?

Yeah, the RID line has to be one of the most boring lines in recent years. I hate that we're not getting toys for all (or at least most of) the characters shown on tv. CW, I like. Still, they're nowhere near as exciting as the movie, Animated or A-E-C lines.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:53 AM   #3
Grimlock4Prime
Alternator

I completely understand what you're getting at but I kind of appreciate it. What I am buying these days is really cool but it's so spread out that I'm saving a bunch. I do wish that the next few waves (4 and 6 I think) weren't just a bunch of G1 non combiner characters now with combining action.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:14 AM   #4
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

That is why I only stick to MP and select few of Generations figures these days. And I mostly just buy Takara now.
Darth Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 11:44 AM   #5
Bountyan
Cybertron

I'm bored of Hasbro figures. But not Takara figures. I barely buy Hasbro figures at retail anymore because Takara has been doing so much better lately. And the RID line being crappy (and overpriced) isn't helping.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:52 AM   #6
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

I haven't bought a mainline transformer in ages, it doesn't help that they're more expensive than they use to be.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:53 AM   #7
higoomgala
Generation 1
Smile Re: Am I the only one bored?

I actually like the Hasbro Devastator, now that I've applied some of my own paint modifications. (and it's inspired me to freshen up some of my other figures as well). I'm actually excited about things; but not because of Hasbro. The 3rd party figures (such as Feral Rex, and the FansToys Dinobots) are simply amazing. (except for the bank account...THAT is not so amazing). I'll always be a G1 guy on account of being a kid in the 80's, so nothing new will truly be as...'magical'...so to speak.....
higoomgala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 12:14 PM   #8
DuG
Titanium

I feel the same way and am one of the few that is not intersted in the combiner wars figures. I'm using this lull to save up for preorders and go after some older figures.
DuG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 12:27 PM   #9
killmister
Back to TF after 25 years

Less money for Hasbro so more for 3RD party great figures and Takara MP.

I feel nothing for CW or RID lines, which is a loss since I used to get Hasbro main lines too. RID simple/hollow design and prices killed it for me, despite liking the show.
killmister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 12:30 PM   #10
chroma23
douchebag

i still find the CW figures to be pricey, especially with the low canadian dollar, but not amazing either....and the re-mold/re-paint abuse is gettin abit out of hand IMHO

i am also going to skip on the entire combiner war series, maybe except the leader class figures

the best recent deal for me would be leader generations jetfire

and yes, too many 3rd party dinobots, combiners or not. i can see from their view that releasing it and getting a little bit or market share than to not have any market share at all. but its just like predaking earlier, but ten-fold

BST on cybertron.ca: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47234
FEEDBACK on cybertron.ca: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=16129
chroma23 is offline   Reply With Quote