Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-28-2015, 06:51 PM   #1
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.
Gotta Catch'em All fever! Do you get it? Got it? How bad?

I was just reflecting on my need to complete the Cw Protectobots, especially since I'm only two figures away; when the ration part of my mind spoke up and said, just settle down! They'll be EVERYWHERE in a few weeks!!

I made this observation just the other day while out hunting, about how I was in such a hurry to get all the rest of the Stunticons and Air Raid, and now they're everywhere!

I was just at a TRU that was chock full of Motormasters, when I remember weeks ago someone here lamenting that he was afraid that our stores might skip his wave since he comes packed with Silverbolt, and maybe stores might not want more of him.

So, anyone else get that "fever" when new figures come out? Especially when you see sightings of them in your area but you just can't seem to find any; then feel stupid weeks later when they're plentiful because you were foaming at the mouth to find them?
Old 06-28-2015, 07:30 PM   #2
xueyue2
Canadian Slag
Re: Gotta Catch'em All fever! Do you get it? Got it? How bad?

I can successfully control my fever now, especially when I know the rest of the waves are just repaints.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 07:32 PM   #3
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Don't get the fever any more. Like you said, I know they'll be everywhere in a few weeks, and if they're not, there are always other options.

Use to jump on things on first sightings, but now, I know it's not worth my time unless I just want to step out of the house.

With lines like Combiner Wars, it's highly unlikely that early waves don't show up. And with this line, I doubt there will be many shortages.
Old 06-28-2015, 07:45 PM   #4
supafly
Generation 1

I'm stuck in this right now with Gravity Builder.. Seems like 3p stuff doesn't stay in stock @ Canadian stores so you have to pre-order cuz that's the only time they will have any. Or, I could wait and then take chances with customs + higher shipping.

It's a choice between waiting for reviews to make sure it's not a piece of crap, or pre-ordering and saving alot of moola. I gots me the fever for this one so I'm gambling it's gonna be nice and I'm pre-ordering!

For standard retail stores and CW type stuff, if the online option is similar in price, why not do it that way? Saves time and the run around. I don't quite get why folks would hunt when you can lock it all in online and have it shipped directly to you.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:10 PM   #5
Rev
Addict

I used to, when they made good retail transformers.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:15 PM   #6
innermanchild
Robot in Disguise

Ditto to what most people have said so far. I picked up Superios as soon as I saw one of them at the store, would have done the same for Menasor, but got lucky and found them all at the same time in WM when there was a sale going on at TRU, so I price matched all the deluxes. Now for Protectobots, I'm just going to wait until a sale comes along, no rush anymore.
innermanchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:22 PM   #7
PrimeCron
Metroplex
PrimeCron's Ebay Auctions

I don't recall last time I purchased a transformers at a retail store. I look for the sake of looking for friends other then that my interest has totally changed.

Feedback link...
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=27458
PrimeCron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:28 PM   #8
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

I think I rushed the CW line simply because I didn't have any combiners as a kid except a KO Dia clone devesator so I couldn't help it. It was a fever pitch to finally get a Menasor that wouldn't cost me 300 or more. I would rather the fever pitch for this line than the 3rd party ones. Ares was the only one I got and that was good enough. I also think the reason why I want to grab them and finish is because of the potential of missed waves or even figures in waves. Example being FOC Ruination. I found one figure in shelves, 1 from a board member, 2 at a Toronto show and Roadbuster at TF Con Chicago. Took me 8 months to complete him. Then look what happened in Europe where all of wave 2 is being passed over completely. I say better to get them when u can find them IMHO
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:32 PM   #9
timcrook
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by supafly View Post

For standard retail stores and CW type stuff, if the online option is similar in price, why not do it that way? Saves time and the run around. I don't quite get why folks would hunt when you can lock it all in online and have it shipped directly to you.

Scene: NY city zoo

Spider-man: Kraven, dude. You know you can get meat at the super market!
Kraven the hunter: ... (turns his head and gives spider-man the evil eye)
timcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:53 PM   #10
joshimus
Metroplex

Part of me regrets buying Superion just because I don't care as much for the Arielbots, but not Menasor (have Wildrider on order too) but I am passing on Protectobots.
I don't hate Superion, I would rather collect characters I am more interested in than just "catch em all". Devestator I want as a Devestator fan and I used to have the original Motormaster and I tend to prefer my combiner Decepticons. Not so much the Autobot ones, save maybe Computron because I still have my g1 set.
I also agree the repaints are not as interesting to me. Probably will get Skylynx but no desire to collect his limbs.
The new RID show, I bought Prime, Grimlock and Jazz mainly because I love Prime, Grimlock and Jazz, but I really could care less about the rest. p.s. if you want Primes fist to be fists and not his cab, you can trim part of the wheel joint down so the cab parts rotate back more giving Prime proper hands. Easy fix. Will post about it someday. Certainly not my fav Prime toy, but not the worst either.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote