Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-02-2015, 05:32 AM   #41
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician
Re: Exciting 3rd Party Stuff

I am quite the opposite i am staring to purge my 3rd party MP as i am expecting a big push in the years to come from Takara and I feel 3rd party is going to be losing a lot of value soon. Not all but most of these no name fly by night companies

Last edited by Masta_Skidz; 11-02-2015 at 05:40 AM.
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 09:23 AM   #42
Grimlock4Prime
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz View Post
I am quite the opposite i am staring to purge my 3rd party MP as i am expecting a big push in the years to come from Takara and I feel 3rd party is going to be losing a lot of value soon. Not all but most of these no name fly by night companies
I have similar feelings. The Masterpiece line is surging forward and I'm not interested in buying third party filler for a few years until a better version comes along. The third party figures I am buying tend to be much more stylized and not a Masterpiece style. It's not that the third party masterpiece style figures are necessarily worse than Takara's offerings either. They just tend to be pricier. I'd rather wait and buy a cheaper, just as good figure rather a more expensive one now and the other one later as well.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:13 AM   #43
elburrito
Animated

I'm actually having similar thoughts, Sphinx though, I got to handle a test shot in October (at the VI Toy fair) and am impressed beyond impressed. Loaded with diecast, big, thick rubber tires. Paint apps everywhere and best articulation I've seen on a TFing toy yet! Also, this G1 aesthetic is very close to perfect. As a rule, I'm pretty much done with 3P too, but Sphinx is the exception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz View Post

Sale & Trade

Last edited by elburrito; 11-02-2015 at 11:16 AM.
elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 12:34 PM   #44
Pascal
Banned

If it transforms, is cool and is well made, I will likely buy it, official or not. I don't mind having more than one representation of any given character, especially at the MP level.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 01:00 PM   #45
CAF
Banned

I can't help but wonder if obe or more of these 3p companies will ever get bought out by and amalgamated into takara
CAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:54 AM   #46
supafly
Generation 1

I think 3P is blowing Takara out of the water. Not every 3P is stellar but plenty of releases are miles above what Takara has shown it can do.

Official Grimlock VS Fanstoys dinobots is a fine example. I have serious doubts that Takara would come close to the quality of those Fanstoys figures. Official Ironhide is pretty bad, I jumped the gun and pre-paid for it but thinking of selling misb when it comes in. Shockwave looks good though the Cloud 9 version is lining up to look better. Ramjet looks like ass and makes me think they should just make a cow mold since they love to milk their molds so much.

Bottom line for me is that Takara looks to be ramping up releases but not quality. Or more accurately, 3P is now at the point where their figures are as good and increasingly better than officials.
Old 11-03-2015, 11:50 AM   #47
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

That Blurr looks good but it's way too tall IMO.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 01:02 PM   #48
supafly
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
That Blurr looks good but it's way too tall IMO.
8.7" I agree is too tall. Other than that it's really nice.

The ones that have been shown that I find nice are XTB Cyclonus and Scourge, TFC Ironhide, Warbo Jazz, FT Hound, Transformission Stunticons.. Hell there's too many to finish a list. Some wicked shit happening!
Old 11-06-2015, 10:03 PM   #49
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

A possible $220 usd ($300 cents) Quantron is exciting news, if it pans out.

BBTS and the usual US retailers have new preorders up for Maketoys not-Scattershot ($80) and not-Afterburner ($35) as individuals.

No sign of the other 3 limbs yet though, but should they follow at $35 each that'd be a $220 usd Quantron...!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 04:49 PM   #50
elburrito
Animated

So, uh...Willis or Gundog?

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote