Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-20-2015, 12:10 AM   #61
CanBot
Cybertron
Re: Am I the only one bored?

Can't be excited all the time, lol...and there's plenty to look forward to in the short term, at least I am. I don't like the major retools and repaints in CW, but that's just the way it goes.

Whenever you get bored, it's time to go check out your shelf or move a few bots in or out of storage...just marveling at my collection makes me feel great. And the pause in purchases is good for the wallet, although I'm pretty sure I spent plenty this year.

Boredom is such a strong word, lol...in the world today, I find no reason to ever be bored. Just too many things to be interested in, to track down.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:46 AM   #62
supafly
Generation 1

I started painting them. Hell of a fun way to enjoy Transformers *if I don't fuck it up!*. it's less about getting a figure and more about creating a unique version
Old 08-20-2015, 10:54 PM   #63
Dynamo.Dave
Too close for missiles

I go in waves.
I was super excited pre TFCon. I had my list and knocked off a few good pieces there.
After blowing my wallet's load there though, I'm taking some time to enjoy those purchases.
Next up is the DJDs from MMC but those are a while off. Until then I enjoy what I have!

Sparktoys Grimlock
FT Stunticons
FT Aerialbots

Dynamo.Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 11:24 PM   #64
supafly
Generation 1

Also the Diaclone reboot line is reported to be set for winter of this year. That's some fresh exciting stuff right there and still kind of sort of in the transformers family. I mean, you can't ask for something more out of the ordinary than a Diaclone reboot line. And, winter is a few short months away. Exxxxciting!

Old 08-20-2015, 11:27 PM   #65
steamwhistle
Crossover

I think if I had greater disposable income, I'd be more excited about some lines. Due to some relatively unanticipated expenses, I haven't been able to acquire much recently -- only a few pieces funded through some fortunate trading/selling.

I was intrigued when I hear about CW, but I'm a G1er and didn't understand the concept. I suppose it might help if I read the CW comics. I was looking forward to these reiterations of G1 characters (and at a decent price), but I couldn't get past some things which puzzled me:

Why is CW Megatron bigger than CW Optimus? Why did they swap out characters/vehicle types? Why are Superion's legs backwards? Coming from original G1, the gestalts were cool, and unique with their ability to combine. Now every Transformer can combine? As I said, maybe if I read the CW comics I would understand. But, thanks to my limited budget, I am passing on the CWs. If I had the money, I likely would have caved in to my nostalgia, but otherwise, I have to stick to my main collection directives (G1 originals/reissues, and MP-style G1 characters).

Overall, I'd say I am bored with the current offerings, but I'm okay with that. Like others have said, it's a nice break from buying. And, it's times like these during which I'll crack open one of my MiSB bots for a little fun.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 12:37 AM   #66
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

I wouldn't say I'm bored, but I have refined my collection tastes to just G1 and MP, so right now I am able to save easier for the bigger ticket items instead of dropping it all on current mainstream releases. My only exception will be CW Devy. I've almost pulled the trigger on 3rd party stuff, but still can't bring myself to do it. That Make Toys Gundog looks so good though.
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 01:09 AM   #67
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by supafly View Post
Also the Diaclone reboot line is reported to be set for winter of this year. That's some fresh exciting stuff right there and still kind of sort of in the transformers family. I mean, you can't ask for something more out of the ordinary than a Diaclone reboot line. And, winter is a few short months away. Exxxxciting!

...I was not aware of that!
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote