Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-12-2015, 03:41 PM   #1
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions
What have you recently revisited?

So I had some time to kill the other day and couldn't surf online, so I busted out the comics and read through:

IDW's Beast Wars: The Gathering (from 2006).

Man I had forgotten about this series and how great it was as an extension/companion to the show. Seeing Cybertronian takes on animal characters and the focus on lesser known characters/toys was great!!

It was one of those moments where you get to appreciate all over something great from the vast TF universe.

So my question to you is, what have you recently revisited from your collection? It can be anything (toy, comic, show, game, etc.).
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 04:00 PM   #2
papavader
Beer Keg Combiner
Re: What have you recently revisited?

I recently revisited the Bayformer movies. My opinion of them have not changed much. Bay is an atrocious movie maker. Movie one is still the most watchable...

That said, I'm still glad I did.
papavader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 04:35 PM   #3
supafly
Generation 1

Watched the '86 movie a few weeks ago. I'm now @ episode 23 of Headmasters which I never seen before. Then I'm gonna watch God force and Victory series also for the first time. Had nooooo clue thevseries went on after the US show ended. It's nice to learn about the characters
Old 06-12-2015, 04:41 PM   #4
sarmick01
Canadian Slag

I started watching the walking dead from the first episode the other day. Up til now i'm on episode 3 of the first season.
sarmick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 04:44 PM   #5
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Not so much a revisit but more of a slowly gained interest in something I knew of before but never dared to delve into. Namely, the 3 Japanese Transformers series that supafly mentioned above.

Picked up the G1 PM Prime with Apex Armor Reissue on a whim and started to research his Japanese incarnation God Ginrai in "Super God Masterforce". Gotta say the alternate universe intrigues me to the point where MP-24 Star Saber might find his way into my Detolf.

DVDs are bought and on their way (thanks Batman) and I'm stoked to expand my G1 horizon.

Last edited by jjwankenobi; 06-12-2015 at 04:49 PM.
jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 05:35 PM   #6
Tonestar
Star Seeker

I had to re-watch the Combiner Episodes from Season 2 of the G1 show to get me hyped for the CW's I have and the ones waiting to come in...can't wait for Bruticus.
And to see more of Bruticus/Ruination I watched select episodes of RID 2001 on YouTube...really want that series on DVD.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:33 PM   #7
sachiel_ca
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
Not so much a revisit but more of a slowly gained interest in something I knew of before but never dared to delve into. Namely, the 3 Japanese Transformers series that supafly mentioned above.

Picked up the G1 PM Prime with Apex Armor Reissue on a whim and started to research his Japanese incarnation God Ginrai in "Super God Masterforce". Gotta say the alternate universe intrigues me to the point where MP-24 Star Saber might find his way into my Detolf.

DVDs are bought and on their way (thanks Batman) and I'm stoked to expand my G1 horizon.
I really enjoyed the three Japanese seasons. There all have their strengths but I feel Masterforce was the strongest of the three. You'll like them.

Me I just went back to Energon (TV series) because I never got around to watching my copy. Still what I remember, 15 min or cyber key attacks and transformations and 7 minutes of show.
sachiel_ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 06:49 PM   #8
supafly
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
Gotta say the alternate universe intrigues me to the point where MP-24 Star Saber might find his way into my Detolf.

Hah I looked into where the hell Starsaber came from after I got the toy and I PM'd Batman today for those dvd's! Guess I'll have to settle for the torrent versions for now lol.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:01 PM   #9
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by supafly View Post
...and I PM'd Batman today for those dvd's! Guess I'll have to settle for the torrent versions for now lol.

FYI, ~$80 CAD (after exchange) shipped to your door, brand new from Shout! Factory with the nifty silver slipcase isn't that bad really. I was about to pull the trigger when a fellow local boardie pointed out Batman's Sale Thread beaconing in the night sky.

https://www.shoutfactory.com/tv/anim...ese-collection

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 11:50 PM   #10
carissa
Energon

I'm eight episodes into Masterforce for the first time visit.
carissa is offline   Reply With Quote