Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-11-2015, 08:56 AM   #21
timcrook
Cybertron
Re: Canada Post Tracking...Where are my Transformers?

So paying extra for tracking for incoming packages from outside of Canada is paying for nothing now?
Old 09-13-2015, 02:03 AM   #22
pandagfx
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingd0ng View Post
I am waiting for a package from RBK Registered Small Packet. On HK Post i only see it left for Canada, cannot track from Canadapost anymore.

On hongkongpost this is what they have as an alert:

Suspension of Online Tracking Service for
Air Registered or Surface Registered Mails to Canada
As advised by the postal administration of Canada, with effect from 20 August 2015 (Thursday), the online tracking service for air registered or surface registered mails to Canada will be suspended. If customers wish to have online tracking information, customers can consider using e-Express service.
Enquiries can be made to the Hongkong Post Telephone Enquiry Hotline at 2921 2222.

Oh no, this is seriously bad news!!! That basically means you can forget about paying cheap "standard" shipping with tracking.

If it's handled by Canada Post, real-time tracking is no longer provided, can't time the delivery dates to receive shipments.

My recent parcel from Japan, using cheap SAL, is no longer trackable on Canada Post.
I could still check its status from Japan website, but there is a delay of days, not exactly helpful.

Haven't checked if EMS from Japan is still trackable on Canada Post (ie. AE, AmiAmi, HLJ)

Haven't checked if USPS Priority Mail from USA is still trackable on Canada Post (ie. BBTS, TFS)
My guess is that USPS Standard Mail with tracking will be useless/pointless from now on.

If you pay for a courier service, such as FedEx, UPS, or one that is partnered with / handled by Canada Post's Purolator, then those tracking should work, but have fun paying up the yin and yang for shipping.
pandagfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 02:23 AM   #23
NINirvana
Optimal.

Well this explains a lot...I'm waiting for items from the US and HK and the US item has no tracking whatsoever after I see it hit Vancouver and the HK one actually says it's not supported. I'm actually getting worried about the US one, since it's been over a week since it was last checked in Vancouver.
NINirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 03:44 AM   #24
CanBot
Cybertron

Hey man, I just had a package go AWOL on me and it even made it to the island! Tracking just went dead and that was pretty much the end of it. Sad stuff, really...I wanna go jump in my car and go track it down! How does that even happen, I'll never know. It all worked out monetarily (insurance and all that) but to think that a package can simply go missing...especially when it's so close to the destination, how does that happen?

...Bruticus...BRUUUUUUUTIIIIIIIICUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSS S!!!

(lol, I'm being over dramatic but BRUUUUUUTIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCUUUUUUUUUUUS!!)
Old 09-13-2015, 09:22 AM   #25
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

EMS is still fully trackable. If you call Canada Posts customer service line and talk to a real person they can still give you real time tracking updates. But the website doesn't.

On a side note. I did go to my local sort facility and talked to two supervisors and they had clue this change was made. They found it counter-intuitive. It just makes no sense at all. The amount of time wasted on the phone by their staff and Canada Post CSRs that could just be avoided by a simple click of the mouse. But no, wipe your hands and put the accountability on the sending country's mail service and customer. Meanwhile they are the ones handling the packages once in Canada.

This garbage business move has actually made me start using EMS more. MP Ironhide, and thinking about changing shipping option of Tracks too.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 10:58 AM   #26
mcmus
Animated

Sorry, what is EMS? I mean who is the carrier?
Old 09-13-2015, 11:11 AM   #27
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

I'd like Canada Post to explain to me why the package I sent out last Tuesday (the 8th) still only shows the one single tracking entry of "item accepted at Post Office"
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 02:07 PM   #28
CanBot
Cybertron

This sounds like really important news, but I'm still having a bit of a tough time figuring out what's going on.

Does CP no longer provide tracking services for packages that are coming in from the US? Or outgoing? I'm not sure, I'm probably missing something.

Isn't EMS a shipping option from Japan? That's how I got my UW Menasor and while it was a bit pricey, their tracking was excellent. Of course, I guess because it actually showed up at my post office (I have a PO Box due to my work). The only issue I've had is a package that got lost coming from Ontario. Their customer service really was lacking, but there seems to be nothing they can do other than click the same 'tracking' button that we do. Do they even look around at the last point of contact with a package?...it doesn't appear that way. I'd have much rather gotten my package than the insurance money, that's for sure.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:20 AM   #29
NINirvana
Optimal.

It's definitely coming in from the US. My tracking refuses to work on Canada Post, but on the USPS site it's working and tells me it's left Vancouver. Not sure about going out - this seems to be only packages coming into Canada?
NINirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 02:01 AM   #30
SCOURGE33
Machine War

I have 2 inbound packages from the states and once it hit Canada tracking is no longer available. It's a bummer as it makes it hard to judge when it will be delivered, as working afternoon ain't easy to be home.
SCOURGE33 is offline   Reply With Quote