Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-14-2015, 10:50 PM   #71
burgerhui
Machine War
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Costco news

Would we be able to order these through costco.ca or does it have to be in stores?
burgerhui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 11:27 PM   #72
Marcotron
Robot Master

Buck fifty hotdog and a drink is cross canada. They apparently make their own hot dogs so they can keep the price down. The poutine is also the same across canada so it lives up to quebec standards of poutine. I am eagerly awaiting devastator's arrival for 25% less than anywhere else.
Thanks einstein for the info and updates.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 11:47 PM   #73
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Haha this has turned into a Costco appreciation thread. Going there tomorrow to fill up, look for Devy and get my $1.50 (not $1.75 ) hot dog deal.

And no, they won't have Devy online to order. Pretty sure that anything available online is not available in store and vice versa. Maybe Einstein can confirm this.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 01:55 AM   #74
Dangard Ace
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
Membership is 55 dollars for the basic, I suck at shopping membership or I'm an old, single person. Everyone else should have the Executive one, it's 110 but you get 800-1000 dollars a year in grocery savings, 2% cash back on nearly everything you buy, extra savings on home & auto insurance, car rentals, home phone services, and much more.

There is nothing you can buy at any store cheaper, even on sale, that's simply not true. People who say that are not truly comparing the Costco size with the regular store version of the same product.

I can guarantee that 100%.

But I will be honest, if you need convincing to shop at Costco and pay 110 bucks to save hundreds per year, you should seriously look at what you are paying for stuff, because it's probably too much.

Since shopping at Costco, I've saved hundreds of dollars on my yearly groceries, over 100 dollars a year in car insurance, and I've earned well over 150 bucks back each year with my 2% reward.

But yes, if you're not satisfied with your membership they will refund it at any time as long as it is not expired, but you can't sign up again for 6 months after.

You must never shop anywhere then, because you pay to shop everywhere, Costco is merely up front about it.

There is nothing at Costco that is marked up more than 14%. NOTHING. Costco makes almost ZERO money on it's products.

You know what the mark up is at your local grocery store? Or Wal*Mart? Or any other store you shop at? Over 100% on average.
Haha. Costco is great for some things (ie Gas, electronics, milk/bread and stuff in bulk like tissues) but if I'm looking for groceries I'm hitting Chinatown. Price and selection can't be beat. This is in Toronto where we have huge asian communities with large supermarkets that are just as busy or busier then Costco here.

Not getting a Devy from Chinatown though, almost guaranteed to be a KO.
Dangard Ace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 08:02 AM   #75
papavader
Beer Keg Combiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
Membership is 55 dollars for the basic, I suck at shopping membership or I'm an old, single person. Everyone else should have the Executive one, it's 110 but you get 800-1000 dollars a year in grocery savings, 2% cash back on nearly everything you buy, extra savings on home & auto insurance, car rentals, home phone services, and much more.

There is nothing you can buy at any store cheaper, even on sale, that's simply not true. People who say that are not truly comparing the Costco size with the regular store version of the same product.

I can guarantee that 100%.

But I will be honest, if you need convincing to shop at Costco and pay 110 bucks to save hundreds per year, you should seriously look at what you are paying for stuff, because it's probably too much.

Since shopping at Costco, I've saved hundreds of dollars on my yearly groceries, over 100 dollars a year in car insurance, and I've earned well over 150 bucks back each year with my 2% reward.

But yes, if you're not satisfied with your membership they will refund it at any time as long as it is not expired, but you can't sign up again for 6 months after.

You must never shop anywhere then, because you pay to shop everywhere, Costco is merely up front about it.

There is nothing at Costco that is marked up more than 14%. NOTHING. Costco makes almost ZERO money on it's products.

You know what the mark up is at your local grocery store? Or Wal*Mart? Or any other store you shop at? Over 100% on average.
To be frank, and this is not a diss a you or Costco for that matter, while what you say maybe true, they still ask for a membership. Whaterever the reasons, Its that idea That I don't like. Everywhere else I know upfront what I pay and know I can walk in there anytime without having to be a member. It's the principle of fhe thing, really. I feel that I am getting ripped off if I pay for a membership. It has nothing to do with economics. And I don't hate Costco, it is what it is. If others are ok with it, it's fine!
Old 07-15-2015, 09:00 AM   #76
joshimus
Metroplex

Depending on how much you make use of Costco's bulk buys depends on whether the membership is worth it to you. For myself, I don't buy in bulk so buying exclusively from Costco has no purpose. For those that buy a lot in bulk, it may serve a greater purpose financially. So I can see why people would want to be a member. Having to pay for a membership is nothing when you are saving a ton on things you would need to buy.
When I worked at Indigo ages ago, the indigo rewards card had a fee but if you spent enough then the savings would make the care free. So 55.00 Costco card when you can save hundreds, it does make sense.
With my 3A membership, especially with the USD prices, saving 15% on stuff I buy from them is HUGE. So it may suck to spend the money on a membership package but in the long run it saves me money on toys I want to buy at a cheaper price with a harsh exchange rate.
It's all a matter of perspective and what benefits you.
If Devestator shows up at Costco Ancaster, I can always send my mom to grab me one...if anything to repaint or modify, but I certainly do not need my own membership.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 02:41 PM   #77
CBII
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by papavader View Post
To be frank, and this is not a diss a you or Costco for that matter, while what you say maybe true, they still ask for a membership. Whaterever the reasons, Its that idea That I don't like. Everywhere else I know upfront what I pay and know I can walk in there anytime without having to be a member. It's the principle of fhe thing, really. I feel that I am getting ripped off if I pay for a membership. It has nothing to do with economics. And I don't hate Costco, it is what it is. If others are ok with it, it's fine!
If you don't like it don't shop there. It's simple.

Personally as a family of 5 Costco is our almost exclusive go to for most groceries. The executive membership is where it's at. $110 for the year. Holy shit you say...well my 2% cash back every year for the last 5 years has been almost $200. I use that to pay the membership and in this case reduce the cost of my Devy....so I'll be paying less then $100 out of my pocket. This math makes perfect sense to me. I could ramble on for pages about the benefits of shopping at Costco...cheap, gas, groceries, meat, batteries, eye glasses, beer (if you have a costco liquor store there prices are unmatched any where), wine, $1000's of dollars in saving and just awesome random stuff like tfs for example. Now as a single person it might NOT be worth it and I get that, but if you have a family it's pretty much foolish to not have a membership....unless you just don't like money or something (this only applies if you have a Costco near by, cause if you don't then you have no choice).

LOL this seems appropriate right now.

But to get back on track I'd suggest group buys. Someone in your region must be willing to meet up at a Costco and buy it for you.

Last edited by CBII; 07-15-2015 at 05:15 PM.
CBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 03:19 PM   #78
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternatorfan View Post
What about winnipeg we a re the heart of Canada and no devy love sad....
The real heart is the maritimes :P
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 03:19 PM   #79
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerhui View Post
Would we be able to order these through costco.ca or does it have to be in stores?
Stores only
Old 07-15-2015, 03:23 PM   #80
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by papavader View Post
That's cool, all I'm saying is you are paying a membership fee at every store you shop at, it's just there in their high mark ups. We hear that a lot, but when you tell people they pay regardless, it seems to really help them understand.