Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-14-2019, 12:42 AM   #1
Slayback
Animated
We're at TFcon 2019 and we need your generosity.

Hey Guys - So far TFcon has been great. Good seeing some familiar faces and getting the ❤️ from everyone. Everything was going pretty well until I found out that my good buddy Chop Shop Goods had his earnings stolen. It was a very busy day and it was difficult to find out that all his hard work was taken away in an instant. To his credit, he kept working hard and put on a brave face.

I’ve spoken to a few people and we’ve come up with an idea that will hopefully bring the community together. Mastermind Creations has generously offered to donate 20% on the sale of all the blind box Penguins($15) sold on Sunday - to Chop Shop Goods. Corbot V will donate 10% of all Sunday sales of the Allicons ($35 found at the Toy Dojo Booth). Ages Three and Up and Madhaus Toys will donate 20% of the sale of MFT 3 pack Sharkticons ($40).

Chop Shop has been a friend of mine since my start in the cons. He is my first con friend and it’s always been great seeing him at shows. If you're at the show this Sunday, please check out his wares, support his table, and help us help him. He's located against the back wall, and we are the island that is directly in front of him. Spread the word and let’s get this going.

Madhaus

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815
Slayback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 06:36 AM   #2
oroboru
Machine War
Re: We're at TFcon 2019 and we need your generosity.

Man.. that sucks to say the least for Chop Shop Goods - I hope that things work out. Sadly, I'm out of the game for today.
oroboru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 07:12 AM   #3
Tonestar
Star Seeker

That royally stinks ! I will definitely buy an Allicon or Sharkticon set. He is a super nice guy and I'd be glad to help him out.
Old 07-14-2019, 08:49 AM   #4
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Sorry not at TFcon this year, so I can't help out. Good luck!

A side note, but it seems like every show someone is robbed (money or product). I wish there was something that could be done about it since it seems to be a regular thing. What that is I have no idea (maybe an announcement before opening to remind vendors to protect their product/money?). Obviously it still falls on the vendors to be vigilant.

I've sold before so I know how crazy it can get at your table(s), and I am pretty sure I have had some product stolen before because it is hard to watch everything while dealing with a customer.

I guess when it comes to the actual money you should do what you can to keep it on you, or as far away from customers as possible.

Either way I hope you guys can make some back for Chop Shop Goods. Again, good luck.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 09:09 AM   #5
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

There should be some kind of monitoring system in the dealer room?

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 10:22 AM   #6
OptimusB38
Optimus B

I hate thieves , they take from who ever without thinking about the fact that the person they robbed now has to replace which takes away from their family fun money
OptimusB38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 12:56 PM   #7
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Sorry to hear. That really sucks.

As a longtime vendor at shows I use a cash box, but empty it out every hour or two so that just a float level remains to make change.

Thats really all I can offer. These criminals are smooth and work in groups. There is next to nothing a sizeable convention can do, easy to blend in amoungst thousands of attendees.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 02:56 PM   #8
Hoffman
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Sorry not at TFcon this year, so I can't help out. Good luck!

A side note, but it seems like every show someone is robbed (money or product). I wish there was something that could be done about it since it seems to be a regular thing. What that is I have no idea (maybe an announcement before opening to remind vendors to protect their product/money?). Obviously it still falls on the vendors to be vigilant.

I've sold before so I know how crazy it can get at your table(s), and I am pretty sure I have had some product stolen before because it is hard to watch everything while dealing with a customer.

I guess when it comes to the actual money you should do what you can to keep it on you, or as far away from customers as possible.

Either way I hope you guys can make some back for Chop Shop Goods. Again, good luck.

The couple of times I've heard of this happening have both been at TFCon. At the smaller shows I don't even put much thought into my cash box, everybody seems to be pretty supportive and watches out for each other.

I'm pretty sure I did have product stolen once though. That, or I sold something and completely forgot that it happened.
Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 03:57 PM   #9
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

That’s sucks... when I had a table in the previous years my brother and I kept the cash with us all the time. I always kept the big ticket items behind us on a shelves. I have had small items that have been “lost”... since I have no case I didn’t mention it in the previous years.

I was surprised it happened in a relatively small convention, and judging by the traffic in the hall it was not that busy.

I didn’t see this until now, too bad. Selling at a table is hard work. I hope everything works out!

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately

Last edited by QuadESL63; 07-14-2019 at 04:01 PM.
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 03:57 PM   #10
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
The couple of times I've heard of this happening have both been at TFCon. At the smaller shows I don't even put much thought into my cash box, everybody seems to be pretty supportive and watches out for each other.

I'm pretty sure I did have product stolen once though. That, or I sold something and completely forgot that it happened.
Many in the at larger shows in Ontario over the past couple years.

https://montrealgazette.com/news/loc...treal-comiccon

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote