Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-20-2011, 04:10 PM   #1
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
The New Avengers/The Transformers Sequel Thoughts

As the post title says, were they to finally touch back on the fact that IDW's G1 Continuity takes place in a Marvel Comics Universe, what might be your ideas for a sequel? Which new characters would you like to see?

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel that explains how all the Marvel Characters got 'taken out' prior to the events of All Hail Megatron and NYC's DeciMation. Perhaps involving some form of backlash from the Scarlet Witch's House of M Reality Warp thing.

Instead of Ramjet being the Quinjet at the end of the original mini-series perhaps it could have been a different operative, one of the Aerialbots maybe. (Have they appeared in IDW's G1 Run yet? Slingshot or Air Raid might make a good candidate.

His presence could be a catalyst for the new adventure, and quite frankly it should be longer than four issues, maybe make it a 12 issue series. Get a Marvel Comics Mainstay writer to cover it.

Returning Characters I'd like to see:

Spider-Man
Cap
Iron Man
Ms. Marvel
Luke Cage
Wolverine
Optimus Prime
Jazz
Ratchet
Prowl
Megatron
Skywarp
Ramjet
Astrotrain
Blitzwing

New Characters that should appear:
Air Raid
Fireflight
Silverbolt
Skydive
Slingshot
Blast Off
Brawl
Vortex
Swindle
Onslaught
Mister Fantastic
Invisible Woman
The Human Torch
The Thing
Thor
Alexander Holt Decepticon Simulacra
General Deacon Decepticon Simulacra
The Prime Movers from Acts of Vengence in a Cameo Perhapa

I would love to see them tackle this, I think the plot ideas alone are quite flexible, after all I can think of one really important thing, detailing the so-called Alpha Scenario left open from Furman's story run in IDW. Perhaps Furman could even work on it, or at least consult. But I digress.

The point is, it could help tie up certain loose ends left dangling from some plot points, provided the new Chaos arc doesn't touch upon these elements.

I like the thought that the IDW G1 continuity takes place in some Marvel Universe not touched by all the Civil War/Secret Invasion/One More Day stuff, a sort of simpler Marvel world that hasn't devolved into dark and serious undertoned mass cross over events.

Sure it sounds like I should just write up a Fanfiction about it, and hey, maybe some day I will, but quite frankly I'd actually like to see another company cross-over event. Wouldn't you?

Actually I've had another idea for some time concerning the Marvel Universe comic packs, I think Hasbro should make an original five issue mini-series for that sub-line of the MU toyline, and that the Neo-Knights and the X-Men should be involved in some sort of story arc.

That way you could include figures based on the four Neo-Knights and G.B. Blackrock alongside some of the X-Men, perhaps ones that haven't been made yet.

I was kind of thinking maybe set up like this:

Neo-Knight Rapture/X-Man Dazzler
Neo-Knight Thunderpunch/X-Man Rogue
Neo-Knight Dynamo/X-Man Jubilee
Neo-Knight Circuit Breaker/X-Man Forge
Neo-Knight Founder G.B. Blackrock/X-Man Enemy Henry Peter Gyric (He could be one of the antagonists of the story-arc.)

Man, I wish Hasbro took fan's ideas seriously, this could be a Gold Mine for collectors. *SIGH*
Old 10-20-2011, 05:42 PM   #2
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno
Re: The New Avengers/The Transformers Sequel Thoughts

Preferably not.

Most readers of the comic have agreed to pretend that miniseries did not exist. The only time it's ever been referenced is Spotlight Ramjet, and even then that's an indirect reference that does not actually mention the events of the story.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:39 AM   #3
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

I mean, to blend together Marvel and Transformers once again in a serious ongoing way, you'd need to create a new continuity with some very specific circumstances, like so:

Thor's planet is Nebulos

Iron Man creates the transectors technology (headmaster/targetmaster/powermaster) by combining Nebulan and Cybertronian technology

Cobra Commander is really Red Skull in hiding,

Destro and Dr. Doom are one and the same

Cobra's technology is based on Cybertronian derelicts (stasis lock Transformers)

Captain America's super soldier serum eventually led to the Green Goblin and the Incredible Hulk.

S.H.I.E.L.D. was set up to combat Red Skull, under the leadership of Nick Fury and Steve Rogers, and was brought out of retirement to become the Hulkbusters with Stark technology.

The Hulkbusters became G.I.Joe once Cobra started attacking.

Iron Man created the transectors to combat Cobra's Cybertronian giant robots by controlling Human made giant robots of their own.

Hammer Industries creates the Sentinels to combat the growing Mutant villain threat, S.H.I.E.L.D. enlists their own group of Mutants to police themselves, named the X-Men.

Once Decepticons were awakened, the transectors were the only Earth force able to stand with the Autobots to defeat them. The team is named the Avengers (and more or less resembles the Marvel Crossover figures)

Basically, what I'm saying is that everything would need to be woven together from the beginning to make it all cohesive.

Last edited by Shepp; 10-21-2011 at 07:45 AM.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:14 AM   #4
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
I mean, to blend together Marvel and Transformers once again in a serious ongoing way, you'd need to create a new continuity with some very specific circumstances, like so:

Thor's planet is Nebulos

Iron Man creates the transectors technology (headmaster/targetmaster/powermaster) by combining Nebulan and Cybertronian technology

Cobra Commander is really Red Skull in hiding,

Destro and Dr. Doom are one and the same

Cobra's technology is based on Cybertronian derelicts (stasis lock Transformers)

Captain America's super soldier serum eventually led to the Green Goblin and the Incredible Hulk.

S.H.I.E.L.D. was set up to combat Red Skull, under the leadership of Nick Fury and Steve Rogers, and was brought out of retirement to become the Hulkbusters with Stark technology.

The Hulkbusters became G.I.Joe once Cobra started attacking.

Iron Man created the transectors to combat Cobra's Cybertronian giant robots by controlling Human made giant robots of their own.

Hammer Industries creates the Sentinels to combat the growing Mutant villain threat, S.H.I.E.L.D. enlists their own group of Mutants to police themselves, named the X-Men.

Once Decepticons were awakened, the transectors were the only Earth force able to stand with the Autobots to defeat them. The team is named the Avengers (and more or less resembles the Marvel Crossover figures)

Basically, what I'm saying is that everything would need to be woven together from the beginning to make it all cohesive.
That's ridiculous, if you try to explain too much about the cojoined universes you completely alienate the readers, not to mention it becomes far too convoluted to ever have a basis in reailty. (Also, what does GIJoe have to do with IDW's G1 continuity?)

And why would you make Thor, the Earth God of Thunder from Norse Mythology a Nebulan? That makes no sense at all, if anything making the Kree race part of the Nebulan home-world's race would make more sense, at least then you're already taking an existing Marvel alien race and blending it into TFs... Although the Skrulls might be more likely as they are already green.

Seriously, what's wrong with a harmless little crossover every now and again to show that the two realities can co-exist side-by-side, I mean sure it might turn off some people, but I for one happen to like this type of crossover event compared to the Slam-Bang-Worlds-Shattering crap Marvel keeps pushing on people. (Civil War, House of M, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign, Siege, Spider-Island, etc...)

It's not meant to be taken too seriously, it's supposed to be campy fun and a chance to see some of our favorites interacting in new and different ways. I can't be the only guy who had TMNT fighting alongside He-Man against Cobra while the Exo-Squad clashed with Bruticus when I was growing up. There's no reason to let those old nostalgic childhood passtimes fade as we become adult collectors and such. And personally I think that's why the comic book industry isn't as well off as it could be (aside from the march of on-line content wiping out the printed page.) they aren't trying hard enough to excite the children with fun new ways to see their favorite super heroes.

Hence why a good chunk of comic book collectors are middle aged men stuck in the soon to be 50+ department. Comics don't have that fun factor about them anymore... To quote a certain film character from comics. "Why so Serious?"
Old 10-21-2011, 10:25 AM   #5
MaP_Prime
Machine War

I thought the miniseries was a fun little thing that was ejoyable when it happened, but beyond being in its own continuity I don't see the point. on top of that I've never been much into Marvel's characters and stories, I'm a DC man myself and have been wondering what a DC/Transformers cross over would be like. Though probably never going to happen. Ever.