Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-28-2011, 03:23 PM   #1
Gaetznes
Cassetticon
Igear, do you deserve my Money?

First off, when it comes to Third Party Stuff, i've leaned more towards FP or other unique (non ko) stuff. However, i've been watching the KO/Custom Seekers for a while, and have been following the growing hype around said Seekers. I've been hoping that TT or at the least Hasbro would have there own version of those Seekers.

I"m just not sure how long I can wait for TT to get there act together. So my conundrum is do I drop the $500, or pray to the TT Gods to produce the Seekers, Including Sunstorm.

So has anyone else purchased from Igear before, Igear products or the products they sell on behalf of others? As i've read these seekers are not actually an Igear product.

I just want to be as informed about what i'm potentially getting myself into. I've read alot online, basically video reviews. So first hand opinions would be of a great asset.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:26 PM   #2
Pascal
Banned
Re: Igear, do you deserve my Money?

I wouldn't count on TT to produce the remaining seekers. And even if they were to do it, they would release only 1 a year at best (because they would still have to release new molds). It would take forever to complete the set. I'm starting to think you'll probably see Starscream 2.0 before the other seekers because a bunch of things can be improved on that one.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:34 PM   #3
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaetz View Post
First off, when it comes to Third Party Stuff, i've leaned more towards FP or other unique (non ko) stuff. However, i've been watching the KO/Custom Seekers for a while, and have been following the growing hype around said Seekers. I've been hoping that TT or at the least Hasbro would have there own version of those Seekers.

I"m just not sure how long I can wait for TT to get there act together. So my conundrum is do I drop the $500, or pray to the TT Gods to produce the Seekers, Including Sunstorm.

So has anyone else purchased from Igear before, Igear products or the products they sell on behalf of others? As i've read these seekers are not actually an Igear product.

I just want to be as informed about what i'm potentially getting myself into. I've read alot online, basically video reviews. So first hand opinions would be of a great asset.
You can knock that $500 price tag down to $400 is you go through TFscource.
Transbot90210 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:40 PM   #4
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

I already paid for the 3 and have a pre order for sunstorm. I cant wait for them to arrive. As pascal said. I also don't think Takara will ever release them and if they did would be years to get through them all. If they ever do I'll get those also since I'm a seeker nut. But don't see it happening.

It was a lot of money. Though the group buy we did here was only $360 shipped for the 3 seekers so that's about on par I would guess to what the Takara ones would run you.

You won't get any first hand reviews about them since they aren't out yet. But personally there was no way in hell I wasn't getting these.

Like I said in the other thread I'm sure one of us will do a review on them once we get them.

Wish I never watched those videos because it just made the wait that much harder

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:54 PM   #5
Gaetznes
Cassetticon

I meant reviews on other products either made by or for Igear. I understand there would be no direct reviews for these item till at or after its release. I just wanted to get a feel for the quality that Igear puts out.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:56 PM   #6
Pascal
Banned

Only got the crown set for MP Grimlock. Crown was poorly molded, other accessories were fine. But going by the reviews that came later for the MP Convoy KOs, I think they're on the right track.

Oh wait, also got the Computer Control Center last year but I have yet to assemble it.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:04 PM   #7
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions

Well this will probably be the only way to own all the mp seekers with the greenscream mold. But paying igear is akin to paying a scalper/thief. It really sucks but our own selfish toy needs dammit must be met.

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:14 PM   #8
Badgertron
Robot Master
Send a message via MSN to Badgertron

That sure is a heck of a lot of shelf space to dedicate to 6 of (essentially) the same toy, not to mention the cost...
Badgertron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:44 PM   #9
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaetz View Post
I meant reviews on other products either made by or for Igear. I understand there would be no direct reviews for these item till at or after its release. I just wanted to get a feel for the quality that Igear puts out.
My honest opinion from my expereince. Figure quality won't be as good as FP. Probably expect the seeker quality to be on par with their faith healer. Whether that's first release or second, who knows. Personally, after buying their cheepo Arcee, I won't buy figures from them until reviews are out. I find that their accessories are much better than their figure quality.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:16 PM   #10
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
. Personally, after buying their cheepo Arcee, I won't buy figures from them until reviews are out.
hhhmmm??? Cheapo Arcee? You can't mean Delictae Warrior because that thing is pretty marvelous. igear had nothing to do with the production therefore...it was marvelous. I'm guessing you mean Impossible Toys Valkyrie because that was a peice of crap!

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote