Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 12:38 AM   #21
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3
Re: Who Has Recieved Thier Ages Three and Up Orders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis Angel View Post
I'm having a similar problem. Ordered some stuff almost 1 year ago and I still don't have the product.
A year???

Was it a preorder (not that it makes much of a difference)?

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:59 AM   #22
devilsknight
Banned

Holy crap a year ?!

What did you order if I could ask ?

This is insane...how the hell do people keep ordering from this company ?! Let alone how does it survive which such poor supply lines ...and after the other (mysteriously) locked thread...and bad/insulting customer service ?!

Wow. Just wow. Thank god kooltoyz is literally down the street from me.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:10 AM   #23
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

The previous thread was closed because it was turning into a linch mob. If you don't like how a business is run, fine, DON'T tell the owner how to run his business and insult him in the process. This isn't special treatment, these are the rules of this board.

For those that don't know them, please look here: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=3355

Point is, keep it factual, keep it clean. Otherwise this time we will be handing out infractions to the guilty parties.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:17 AM   #24
Pascal
Banned

Maybe Spencer should revise his policy regarding the 15% restocking fee, especially when orders are coming in super late. If a customer cancels an order before the release or when the item is in stock, then yes, apply the 15%. But if he fails to get the stuff months after the release (actually a month is already a bit late), I think customers should be entitled to a complete refund.

Last edited by Pascal; 08-27-2008 at 12:36 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:33 PM   #25
Nemesis Angel
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I think Spencer should really revise his policy regarding the 15% restocking fee, especially when orders are coming in super late. If a customer cancels an order before the release or when the item is in stock, then yes, apply the 15%, but he fails to get the stuff months after the release, I think customers should be entitled to complete refund.

I agree with you there Pascal. That is I think is a normal practice. Everytime I ask about it in person or on the phone, I get an unpleasant response that I am being impatient.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:45 PM   #26
BlackZarak
Robot in Disguise
BlackZarak's Ebay Auctions

What would be great is if a competing dealer took advantage of this situation that would benefit the customer.

For example, if we canceled our A3U preorders and took the 15% hit, a competing dealer could offer us the same products we preordered from A3U at the same price, less 15%.

Granted, the dealer's profit margins may be reduced, but it's a great PR move and goes along way for getting future business, simply on customer service alone.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:49 PM   #27
Incepticon
Double Agent

The 15% restocking fee is acceptable if pre-orders are cancelled after the items arrive or before the actual release date, but it's a slap in the face to anyone who has been waiting over 5 or 6 months (or longer in some cases) for their orders to arrive, have been given NO info to go on, can't get updates or reponses without jumping through hoops or having to tirade online, and are all around left completely in the dark while everyone else on the planet are getting the same items with relative ease. As others have already pointed out, if there are no items TO restock, there shouldn't be any percentage taken from already frustrated customers who want to cancel their orders so that they can take their business elsewhere and finally get these items before they're potentially out of production.

The other problem is that, even though A3U may have already paid for these orders and that's what is justifying their 15%, we have no proof of this actually being the case. For all we know, they could either quite possibly be working on Net terms and haven't actually paid a cent yet, have already been fully refunded, or could still potentially be fully refunded... which makes all those "restocking" fees null & void, or worse yet, potential free money for nothing.

At this point, it's all starting to look, smell & taste like a ripoff. Virtually ANY other reputable company would have already (and automatically) issued FULL refunds *on their own accord* for the sake of customer service. A3U, on the other hand, is essentially holding their pre-order customers hostage since, out of pure principle, not too many of us are willing to accept a 15% loss on items that have never shown up to a company who couldn't be bothered to offer updates. Bottom line is that if A3U wants to calm the waters and potentially get any return business at all, they'd offer full refunds with no questions asked. If that means they take a hit on orders they claim to have already paid for, so be it. That's the price of doing business and taking money in advance for product they clearly are unable to provide. Take it as a lesson learned, but don't continue to screw the customers in the process.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:15 PM   #28
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

Hey Guys,

I'm still waiting on my orders--basically most of the Henkei's (up to before Jetfire and Ramjet) and Trans-scanning Prime and Bee.

Nice to see some people actually got their product...perhaps that means we'll eventually get something?

Question--has anyone who ordered from A3U got a fairly complete set of Henkeis, or are they only shipping onezee-twozees?

It has been the longest wait I've ever had, for sure. I pre-odered well before the Henkei's were released to retail (back in the spring), so realistically I've been waiting a few months since product has theoretically been available.

--Echo
Old 08-27-2008, 01:33 PM   #29
Lysist
Alternator

I am starting to think that this may know be beyond complaining on forms or e-mails to the company. Based on the kind of responses you guys are describing A3U does not care about your business and is happy to just take your 15% IMO

This is going to require some organization. If you have a pre-order that is pending and paid but months over due then you should find out how many other people are in the same situation. Get the hard numbers of what/how long, waiting time vs Release dates, all e-mails sent and received and copies of the form responses. Once you have all of the information that you can gather. File a claim with the better business burrow. For those of you who have paid with Pay-Pal then file a claim with them. same goes for Visa. I have been watching these threads for a while and this has been going on for at least 6 months. This is now getting into organized action situation with potential boycott option.

It is easy for a company to ignore one voice but a lot harder to deal with an angry mob with government assistance.

Sorry Spencer but this is just my OPINION.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:44 PM   #30
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysist View Post
For those of you who have paid with Pay-Pal then file a claim with them.
I think the only problem with that is that Paypal claims only work if they're filed within the first 30 or so days after the payment. I just checked the payment date for the order I'm still waiting for: January 26th, 2008.
Closed Thread