Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 01-27-2011, 08:33 PM   #331
onecoin
Banned
Re: *spoiler alert* Comments on Gundam 00 movie

Wasn't this posted last week?
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:02 PM   #332
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

I heard in the epilogue of the manga version, Setsuna uses his ELS powers, turns Marina young again and they live happily ever after. I don't know if that is official or fanmade, just something I read.

First time I watched it, hated it. Second time I watched it, didn't hate it as much because I kept in mind that this is a Gundam story in name only.

Hated:
- Celestial Being are shoehorned into the movie. The story is about the Federation against the ELS with special appearances by Celestial Being.
- 00 Quanta serves as a macguffin to end the movie. Very disappointed.
- Basing the entire movie on the Trans-Am Burst, a weapon system about understanding each others feelings on the battlefield, not a good idea. It worked in the show and served a purpose, in the movie, not so much. And a noble, but dumb concept to begin with.
- All the Gundam with the exception of the Zabanya (and the Raphael until it's destroyed) are utterly disappointing.
- The action scenes are zoomed so far back and there is so much crap going on in it, makes me not care for anything I am seeing, beam spam or not.
- ELS are an interesting idea, but are boring boring villains with very little reasons to exist besides something to shoot at.
- Story summary: ELS needs a new home and they ask humans if they can move in by stabbing everyone. If the ELS were actually intelligent, they would of figured out this isn't working and found another way to communicate.
- ELS needs a new home and moving in next to Earth and not assimilating Earth itself makes the war in the movie pointless.
- ELS needs a new home and could of moved to anywhere and no reason given why they have to be near Earth makes the whole movie pointless.
- The Setsuna/Feldt relationship went nowhere and could of been removed from the movie entirely.
- Returning support (or otherwise) chars from the show, comes back to die: Tieria gets a new body, reunites with his colleges then precedes to sacrifice himself. Ribbons returns (the body anyways) then gets killed a few mins later. Andrei Smirnov appears in the movie, just to die. Graham returns with a new squad and vigor in life then pointlessly IMO (or at least pointlessly written) sacrifices himself. I'm not saying chars shouldn't die, I just thought those were done poorly and pointlessly.
- Chars that serve no purpose and could be removed from the movie entirely or replaced with generic chars: Allelujah, Marie Parfacy, Lockon, Feldt, Marina, Shirin Bakhtiar, Louise, Saji, Lasse, and Andrei.
- Space flower: ELS realizes the error of their ways and turns into a GIANT SPACE FLOWER to say sorry and permanently moves in next door to Earth. Humans are so moved by the sight of the flower they don't care a moment ago, these blood thirsty aliens were killing everyone they knew and loved and are not angry by it or seek any form of revenge.

Loved:
- Animated very well.
- Loved the parody trailer.
- Zabanya kicks ass and puts Strike Freedom's targeting system to shame :3
- Raphael was really awesome until it was destroyed. >.<

Sorry OP for being so negative, but this is what happens with a few yrs of anticipation and having to d/l a 12 gig 1080p torrent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onecoin View Post
If it was, I didn't see it.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:04 PM   #333
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Wow...not so psyched to see this anymore...

Is the parody trailer on youtube?
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:41 PM   #334
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post
Wow...not so psyched to see this anymore...

Is the parody trailer on youtube?
Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcEY2EcQeZY These are joke subs because I guess the subbers were in a wacky mood, the rest of the movie is not like this.

I'm just being super critical LOL. Watch it as a pop corn movie and you shouldn't be too disappointed. Don't expect much super awesome action scenes or character development or character purpose or an satisfying ending....

Your enjoyment of the movie IMO depends on how much you enjoyed season 1 or season 2 because season 1 is more talky than action and seasons 2 is more action than talky. The movie is more of the former than latter.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:23 AM   #335
Code of Honor
Twitter: @Seikaku09
Send a message via Skype™ to Code of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by onecoin View Post
It was, it was moved to the anime thread.
Code of Honor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:10 PM   #336
soundwaveCA
Retired TF Fan
Re: The Anime Thread!

This review sums up that 00 film pretty well

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/revi...he-trailblazer

Personally I thought 00 was of poor quality, great animation and action scenes but the story and characters are a mess. The first season holds together alright but falls apart pretty quickly in season two.

If you want to see the real Gundam I would go with Unicorn which is amazing.
soundwaveCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:00 PM   #337
Goji_tron
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwaveCA View Post

Personally I thought 00 was of poor quality, great animation and action scenes but the story and characters are a mess. The first season holds together alright but falls apart pretty quickly in season two.

Well I personally like Gundam 00 because it actually takes place in Anno Domini era, our actual timeline, with the show being realistic.
Goji_tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:13 PM   #338
Goji_tron
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
I heard in the epilogue of the manga version, Setsuna uses his ELS powers, turns Marina young again and they live happily ever after. I don't know if that is official or fanmade, just something I read.

First time I watched it, hated it. Second time I watched it, didn't hate it as much because I kept in mind that this is a Gundam story in name only.

Hated:
- Celestial Being are shoehorned into the movie. The story is about the Federation against the ELS with special appearances by Celestial Being.
- 00 Quanta serves as a macguffin to end the movie. Very disappointed.
- Basing the entire movie on the Trans-Am Burst, a weapon system about understanding each others feelings on the battlefield, not a good idea. It worked in the show and served a purpose, in the movie, not so much. And a noble, but dumb concept to begin with.
- All the Gundam with the exception of the Zabanya (and the Raphael until it's destroyed) are utterly disappointing.
- The action scenes are zoomed so far back and there is so much crap going on in it, makes me not care for anything I am seeing, beam spam or not.
- ELS are an interesting idea, but are boring boring villains with very little reasons to exist besides something to shoot at.
- Story summary: ELS needs a new home and they ask humans if they can move in by stabbing everyone. If the ELS were actually intelligent, they would of figured out this isn't working and found another way to communicate.
- ELS needs a new home and moving in next to Earth and not assimilating Earth itself makes the war in the movie pointless.
- ELS needs a new home and could of moved to anywhere and no reason given why they have to be near Earth makes the whole movie pointless.
- The Setsuna/Feldt relationship went nowhere and could of been removed from the movie entirely.
- Returning support (or otherwise) chars from the show, comes back to die: Tieria gets a new body, reunites with his colleges then precedes to sacrifice himself. Ribbons returns (the body anyways) then gets killed a few mins later. Andrei Smirnov appears in the movie, just to die. Graham returns with a new squad and vigor in life then pointlessly IMO (or at least pointlessly written) sacrifices himself. I'm not saying chars shouldn't die, I just thought those were done poorly and pointlessly.
- Chars that serve no purpose and could be removed from the movie entirely or replaced with generic chars: Allelujah, Marie Parfacy, Lockon, Feldt, Marina, Shirin Bakhtiar, Louise, Saji, Lasse, and Andrei.
- Space flower: ELS realizes the error of their ways and turns into a GIANT SPACE FLOWER to say sorry and permanently moves in next door to Earth. Humans are so moved by the sight of the flower they don't care a moment ago, these blood thirsty aliens were killing everyone they knew and loved and are not angry by it or seek any form of revenge.

Loved:
- Animated very well.
- Loved the parody trailer.
- Zabanya kicks ass and puts Strike Freedom's targeting system to shame :3
- Raphael was really awesome until it was destroyed. >.<

Sorry OP for being so negative, but this is what happens with a few yrs of anticipation and having to d/l a 12 gig 1080p torrent.

If it was, I didn't see it.
1. I found it a bit informative about that epilogue you just said, but I still want to know what happened to Celestial Being and all of the Gundam 00 characters.

2. Sure ELS didn't try another way to understand humanity, but if they are intelligent, it is possible for them to make mistakes everyone else. Nobody is perfect.

3. Okay you make some point about Feldt's relationship.

4. I agree with the whole concern on the characters dying but they add suspense and drama to the story anyway.

5. It was good including characters like Allelujah and the others because they help connect the story together, and show the incidents of the ELS from civilian point of view. Besides, Allellujah deserved more screen time to make up for the lack of it in Season 2.

6. It is a good idea that the humans stop their battle with the aliens as soon as the flower showed because they wouldn't want to continue a losing battle with the ELS. Although itis still okay for the humans to distrust them or hate them a bit.

7. You would think that Celestial Being would make another spare gundam for Tieria just in case Raphael gets destroyed.

8. It is okay for the EDF to be given most screen time because it was the culimation of humanity uniting together against a foe due to Celestial Being's armed interventions.
Goji_tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:34 AM   #339
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwaveCA View Post

Couldn't your opinion of the 00 movie be just the same for the new Neo Genesis Evangelion's movie?
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:12 PM   #340
Belgrath
Boom! Nutshot!

Finished Rocket Girls, Genshiken (awesome series, especially the OVA which can be found on the Kujibiki Unbalance DVDs. Can't wait for the Genshiken 2 collection) and Kujibiki Unbalance.

Currently watching Ouran High School Host Club.

Best thing ever: Beef stew. Yup, it's busted alright. I'm gonna go place. - Strong Bad
Belgrath is offline   Reply With Quote