Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 07-13-2014, 11:31 AM   #31
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician
Re: TFcon Toronto 2014 Is On Now!

no you wouldn't have to stay at the hotel but you may want to find out how far away she is as that area can get a little confusing when from out of town
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 12:19 PM   #32
Perceptor
Alternator

The concert last night was just unreal!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140712_203939.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	24315   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140712_203234.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	24316  
Old 07-13-2014, 12:19 PM   #33
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz View Post
no you wouldn't have to stay at the hotel but you may want to find out how far away she is as that area can get a little confusing when from out of town
She lives close to Don Valley Parkway and my other aunt lives in Scarborough
Old 07-13-2014, 04:59 PM   #34
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwave View Post
Do we have to stay at the hotel? cause if I come next year, I will stay at my aunts place, not in the mood to pay the extra $$ to stay at a hotel
Great way to save some $$$ for the vendor room!

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 05:32 PM   #35
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

Well just make sure you can get to the delta hotel as I would assume it will be there again just go to the link for tfcon check out hotel info for the address
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 05:56 PM   #36
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
What happened? Was it a volunteer? Were u requesting something they couldn't provide?
No, it's a staff member, I know his name. There was a curious comment made about the autographs being at the front in the way of the main entrance area to me from my sibs and he was walking out of the dealers room and must of heard it then in the most snobbish way, loud enough that anyone in the general personal space could hear it while giving me the glare ' I decided to put them there'. The rest of the time whenever we ran into each other he just kept giving looks. Touchie much? She wasn't even talking to him. I am sure when those autographs got long enough as they did at times, that if there was a fire, it could be considered a fire hazard if everyone attempted to leave the tiny available entrance by going through it.

Actually didn't have an issue with any of the other staff or volunteers, they were all nice and helpful, they knew what they were talking about when asked questions and made the atmosphere friendly and welcoming. The hotel staff were friendly and nice as usual (wish this hotel was closer to the congress centre, I'd book it for AN if I could) and the third party sercuity staff were also awesome.

Other opinions on the show:

- I was surprised about the turn out concerning the contest, but by mid day the cosplayers as I thought all but disappeared. There was quite a few others who found that the sad part, even the Cybertronic member Hot Rod, he was actually hoping to still have a good cosplay turnout up to their concert. The cosplay panel was good, there was quite a lack of cosplay on Sunday compared to last year but still some

- The concert also was pretty good, I was surprised since the last time I heard them, it seems they have improved vocally, got lost trying to find it though

-The dealers room wasn't too bad this year, not so crowded, but some areas aisles were smaller for some reason and others were bigger, that was werid. It wasn't too congested in the hallway portion either, which was kinda nice.

- It was strange see the hallways outside the panel room/graydon hall were pretty vacant compared to previous years, actually the dealers room wasn't that busy throughout day, neither did the panel rooms seem to be, even the voice discussion one, not that busy. Which could be because there is like 4 cons going on this weekend, including a big one on Dixon.

- Got to see alot of Tumblr peeps, I've never met in person before, that was awesome

-Cosplayers were in a abunance when they did show up and were so well done!

I think that is it, we didn't spend that much time in the dealers room or went to the after parties or the karaoke, so cannot comment on those.

Cosplay held together minus one thigh plate rig that held up the entire right leg, reason I couldn't do Chromia on Sunday, but that was way less damage then Sunstreaker got in 2012. ( he basically melted apart)

I'll post my haul later.

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Last edited by Knockout; 07-13-2014 at 05:59 PM.
Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 06:18 PM   #37
RageD
Energon

We must have been at different conventions then because the Sue blu panel and the third party panel were PACKED, so much so people were lining the walls and along the back.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:29 PM   #38
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageD View Post
We must have been at different conventions then because the Sue blu panel and the third party panel were PACKED, so much so people were lining the walls and along the back.
We might be at two different panels. Because I was at the one today and was in the back with Windblade and did not see anyone standing near me, or along the wall just a security guard that kept walking around in front of us and picking up a grumpy cat plushie the ladies in the last row had behind their chair.

We also might have 2 different opinions on what is considered packed.

Old 07-13-2014, 07:30 PM   #39
RageD
Energon

I didnt attend the one today I was referring
To the one on Saturday.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:56 PM   #40
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageD View Post
I didnt attend the one today I was referring
To the one on Saturday.
Ah I didn't attend the one on Sat. The only stuff I did on Sat was pick up the rest of commission, concert and cosplay

Tags
convention, masterpiece, pestilence, tfcon. shafter, transformers