Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 08-02-2011, 12:42 PM   #21
CyberMnky
Animated
Re: Let the Delta Meadowvale know how they did.

Done

If you are reading this then you must be bored...

CyberMnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:46 PM   #22
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
It also would have been nice to have a little fridge in the room. This was the first hotel room that I can recall not having one in a long time.
They are available by request. So are Microwaves. First come first served. I got a fridge, microwave AND play pen LOL. I should've tipped better.

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:55 PM   #23
RageD
Energon

My room had a fridge and I didn't even have to ask for it. But it came in Handy.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:59 PM   #24
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

I think Jourdo brings a good point, growing pains. First year at this location (not that I can compare, as this was my 1st) is going to have hiccups. Should it stay there next (hope so!) the management will know what to expect and prepare accordingly. Heck if it keeps getting held there maybe we can expect more perks in the following years. Cheaper rooms, deals on food etc. Please don't change locations! Unless of course you wanna keep moving southwest , less of a drive for me!
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:21 PM   #25
cannabisprime
トーランスフォムー!

Done and done.

While I did like the new venue overall, it certainly wasn't perfect. The incident with the waitress on Saturday was probably the main sore point I'll pick at. Even though I do drive, I do miss being able to just walk across the street to grab food like I was able to back when it was held at the Doubletree. A minor point, but I can sympathize with the other fans that do not have a mode of transportation to get them to any nearby restaurants (and are stuck with the only option in the hotel restaurant/lounge).
As someone already mentioned, I'm sure if it were to be held there again, the hotel will be better prepared the 2nd time around.
cannabisprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:12 PM   #26
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

My only complaint is with a particular A/V guy, who refused to entertain me with drunken cartwheels. Although his form while performing Wonder Woman spins was superb!

On a serious note, the one waitress just needed an attitude adjustment but the rest were cute and friendly. The other staff were cool too.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:19 PM   #27
Protoman
The Legend

Loved the bar girls. Can't complain
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:14 PM   #28
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

I don't find the location any more or less convenient than previous years. Although I don't drive I feel free parking is nice, bur wish there were more walkable food options.

Oh, and also, not sure about this, but I heard you had to pay to use the business centre? Was that true?

Since other people have posted details about their meals, I'll elaborate on my issues. Also, I'll have to ask for a fridge next time...

First, I found all the waitresses friendly, even if they were providing poor service. Second I didn't have issues with the price of anything but breakfast, which was insane (more than a hamburger and fries at lunch!).

Lunch at 3 pm Friday - restaurant was nearly empty, waitress ackowledged us and gave us menus, we then waited about 10 minutes for her to take drink/ food orders. I ordered the soup and turkey burger. It took about another 15 minutes for my soup to come out, then my burger came out 2 minutes later while I was still working on my soup. Waitress didn't check in on us, and after sitting and waiting another 10 minutes for the bill, I had to track down the waitress to get our bill.

Saturday breakfast - not as busy as I expected. Got the breakfast buffet and orange juice that was never refilled. Had to chase waitress for bill again.

Saturday dinner - Fish and chips - tasty and faster service than on Friday, but service fell apart again when it came to getting the bill. Place was not all that crowded.

Sunday breakfast - incredibly busy and the 5 waitresses I saw couldn't keep up. Most tables had to be cleared, or set. Our water glasses were stained with pop, I stopped the wiatress from filling mine to show her, so she filled another and left the dirty glass at our table. As it was busy it took a long time to get any service (placing order, refills, etc.). Overheard non-TFCon people complaining of poor service, and watched as some tables were ignored while others who had arrived later were served. Worst meal experience.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!

Last edited by Bruticus82; 08-02-2011 at 09:41 PM.
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:59 PM   #29
Code of Honor
Twitter: @Seikaku09
Send a message via Skype™ to Code of Honor

Everything in here will be shown to the hotel, so please keep it coming.
Code of Honor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:18 PM   #30
Phalanx
Generation 2

The hotel facilities and staff were great, for the most part. The only real complaint is that a poster tube got 'housecleaned' from our room, so we lost our Paul Eiding autographed posters. They said they'd look for it, but... yeah, looks like it's gone. Obviously nothing malicious, just mistaken for trash, but still frustrating.

The only other thoughts have more to do with the hotel layout and location, so don't really impact on the staff, or how the convention was handled, but hey, I'll mention them anyway:

The layout of the convention space itself was a bit awkward (narrow hallways vs the open foyer from previous years), but the convention halls themselves were great.

And as others have mentioned, the location of the hotel itself was kind of inconvenient for those of us who flew in or otherwise didn't have access to a car. Nothing to be done about it, just a financial hit when you're doing the convention on a tight budget.
Phalanx is offline   Reply With Quote