Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 08-02-2011, 11:15 AM   #11
RageD
Energon
Re: Let the Delta Meadowvale know how they did.

Loved the location and the hotel & staff were fantastic. The restaurant however as others have said was overpriced. Paid Over $80.00 for two breakfasts for my wife and myself and it wasn't even very good.

With that said, Next time were just going to go to Denny's!
Old 08-02-2011, 11:15 AM   #12
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

Have to agree that the bar service wasn't all that great. It would take FOREVER for them to come back.

To be fair though, Sunday it wasn't quite as bad.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:19 AM   #13
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

Can't speak for the actual hotel service as we didn't stay the night and didn't eat anything there. What I did like was the free parking so we could come and go as we liked; we left for lunch, trip to square1 and the bank throughout the day.

The water tables was a nice idea, although when I needed some they were ALL empty. Seems after 4pm they stopped filling them?

Location itself was perfect, right off the 401 made getting there a snap.

I'd have no beefs if it were there next year. I prefer to not go right into Toronto if possible.
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:22 AM   #14
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

Quote:
Originally Posted by razin View Post
Can't speak for the actual hotel service as we didn't stay the night and didn't eat anything there. What I did like was the free parking so we could come and go as we liked; we left for lunch, trip to square1 and the bank throughout the day.

The water tables was a nice idea, although when I needed some they were ALL empty. Seems after 4pm they stopped filling them?

Location itself was perfect, right off the 401 made getting there a snap.

I'd have no beefs if it were there next year. I prefer to not go right into Toronto if possible.
Oh, don't remind me. I had an empty Pepsi jug I was filling with water on Saturday, and their not refilling the water right around the voice actor panel was thus almost disastrous (Hydration is very important for me with something like that, especially as there were several hard voices in the panel). I was scrambling around for water until I found the jugs near the dealer room doors.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:27 AM   #15
bedtime
Nexus Maximus

i agree with a few points being made here... EVERY member of staff, whether hotel or bar/restaurant was INCREDIBLY nice. the restaurant side of things could've been worked out better... seems like they werent FULLY ready for how busy it could get at any given moment. the food was decent, but a tad expensive for what it was. i think this year will help them prepare for next year, if the convention does happen there again.
bedtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:30 AM   #16
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions

The hotel staff I encountered were all AWESOME! A couple experiences from this weekend:

I went up to my room to "de-haul" and the housekeeping attendant was one room over from me. I had the Do not disturb sign up because I don't care to overwork someone so that I can have a fresh made bed. She said hello and asked if I needed anything. I asked for a couple extra towels. She gave them to me and noticed the play pen and asked about my children. She insisted on removing all the garbage and making the beds so that it would be fresh for my children. Some may have considered it annoying but I thought it was incredibly kind. She also left extra garbage bags for diapers LOL.

Later on I got a knock on the door. The hotel had sent up a cheese and cracker platter to say sorry for not deliverying our play pen before we checked in (we didn't even complain, just asked on our way out to dinner). At this time, my son was getting changed, my friend's son was with us and just started bleeding from a scab and freaking out and my daughter was freaking out about his freakout...it was craziness LOL. I guess the girl delivering the platter felt for my situation and came back wuith fresh made ice cream sandwiches for everyone. HOORAH!

I love that hotel.

It really accomodated the line up well with the long hallway.

Only complaint...that pool had so much chlorine my daughter's face and eyes were painfully red.

Please don't change the venue anytime soon!

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:57 AM   #17
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

other than the after party incident, which all i heard of was the waitress swearing at us, the hotel was awesome, only thing i miss from the doubletree is the big open foyer that we could sit and relax at and talk. the rest was on par or better, especially the staff

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:16 PM   #18
Oreobot
Beasty

The hotel accommodations and convention facilities were fine. However, the location of the hotel was not great.

I was lucky to have a friend pick me up from and drop me off at the airport because I heard it cost an unlucky fan $65 each way by cab. That's just too much. And like someone else said, the bar service was not good. The server was rude to me on Saturday night.

The food was an issue also. My friend with the car was volunteering so was mostly unable to provide rides for meals, so I was stuck paying the high hotel cost for many meals. I would have liked to be within walking distance of other, cheaper restaurants. I considered walking 10-15 minutes to the nearest restaurant, but it was too hot outside to do it.

Last edited by Oreobot; 08-02-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Oreobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:20 PM   #19
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

hotel was great and location right off the 401 was VERY easy to get to. i drive so going over the bridge 2 minutes away for many other food choices was fine but a bit far for people walking.

the staff other then that one waitress was above excellent.

she should have been fired or at least suspended. we didn't even get an apology from her.

I use to be a server and I don't care how upset you are about something, you DON'T act like that. plain and simple.

food was very overpriced at the restaurant for what you got like many said.

overall loved the new location and I hope we stay here.

free parking was a major bonus.

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:41 PM   #20
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Survey done!

I'd really have to echo most of the comments here and given that some of thebTFcon staff members work at the hotel, I hope the feedback posted in the thread is passed on as well (the survey didn't offer the best options for expressing everything).

The hotel staff was beyond excellent. The housekeeping staff was very polite and even gave me a large garbage bag, when I asked, for the excess packaging I had in the room.

The front desk was fantastic whenever I had a question. I checked in very late on Friday and was a little concerned when the Internet went down right around noon. I was dealing with an emergency call at the time, so I couldn't access the office computer as a result. When I asked the front desk about it, they informed me the billing resets at noon each day. I didn't even get a chance to say anything before they said there would not be a charge for Internet for the rest of my stay. Unexpected and really appreciated.

The restaurant/bar... I'm not going to complain about pricing, as all hotels charge more for the premium of staying in house. This was not unexpected. The staff was a different story. I don't want to lump all of the staff in the same boat, but there were a few that were less than satisfactory. The bartender Saturday night was not the friendliest lady. I know they were swamped that night, but she wasn't much better when I had supper there earlier (and they were not as busy)... But my tip reflected that. Shitty service... Shitty tip. There were options that were only a 15 to 20 minute walk away from the hotel if I didn't feel like eating there.

I missed all the commotion with the waitress on Saturday night, even though I was sitting right there... But there is really no excuse for acting how she did.

I think the biggest issue with the restaurant side of things was that they were not prepared staffing wise for the convention. I'm sure things will be better next year assuming it is back here.

It also would have been nice to have a little fridge in the room. This was the first hotel room that I can recall not having one in a long time.

Otherwise, the hotel was overall a great experience. I'm sure it will be even better next year now that some of the growing pains are out of the way.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote