Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-23-2010, 05:56 PM   #51
Xmann1076
Generation 2
Re: Toys you were hoping to find/buy at TFcon but didn't buy for whatever reason

I was looking for a 25th Prime (thinking the toys r us one would be cheaper) but everyone wanted over 100 that I saw. I was thinking in the 50-75 range. Also looking for Voyager Animated Prime, but not paying more than stores when I've seen him on quite a few shelves recently (only one I saw they wanted 30 bucks for, and I've seen it on shelves for less. in fact if I wanted, the booth in the corner had one I could have come back for for $20, but I could only come Saturday) and the RiD Build team, but not for $70. Beyond that, alot of parts. I was so disappointed that I couldn't make the parts party. I need a ton of little bits, not limited to:

The right shoulder for RID prime's super mode (cause the firetruck sucks without it)
A ton of unicron bits , I've got the base figure and the 'wings', missing the hip bits, and the teeth shell, and maybe a couple other little bits
Beast Wars Primal's ape back piece
assorted beast wars tails

Deadpool ties up vegetarians and force feeds them meatloaf.

Now I ask you, which one is better?
Xmann1076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:55 PM   #52
questlyfe
is a G1 enthusiast!
Re: Toys you were hoping to find/buy at TFcon but didn't buy for whatever reason

After 6 hours in complete heaven (and becoming a small collector in a single day) i came out with alot but there are a few i wish i had bought with money i wish i had.

Arcee and the green one from Impossible Toys would of been a sure thing if it wasn't for the $100 price tag

Energon Cubes/Spike and Sparkplug (completely brain farted and forgot to buy these)

Commemorative Prowl and Skids: didn't want to spend $65 on Prowl. Skids was $40 but i still passed to look around more. Big regret on that one.

i wanted a G1 resissue Prime so bad but the pricing was just way out there for me $90 ugh eventually i did find a Takara reissue for $70 but i walked around a bit and then it was gone sigh.

Commemorative Hound and Sideswipe: i didn't even see a Hound anywhere and same with Sideswipe.

Takara Reissue Minibots: saw one going for $60 but was way to high for my liking.

the only decepticon i like, Soundwave, was so over priced it was disgusting. All over $100 (original and reissue) unless i wanted a used one for $40ish but i wasn't having that.

and last but not least the poster at the front table entrance with the 2 sides battling it out. $20 or feed myself...my stomach won THAT battle
questlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:19 PM   #53
Deemar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by questlyfe View Post
i wanted a G1 resissue Prime so bad but the pricing was just way out there for me $90 ugh eventually i did find a Takara reissue for $70 but i walked around a bit and then it was gone sigh.

There's a new one selling here for $83. Would probably cost more than $7 to ship it to you though.

Last edited by Deemar; 07-23-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Deemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:48 PM   #54
questlyfe
is a G1 enthusiast!

ya sadly it would cost a bit to get here. i'll manage to find one here sooner or later. Gonna check the buy/sell threads see if i can get lucky and get a commemorative or encore one for $70-80 or even Ultra Magnus would be great forgot about him
questlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:19 PM   #55
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

A couple toys I wanted that were there but ended up not buying because they were too much, Gentei Wild Rider and Henkei Hot Rod. Way too much. Would have dropped half a G to get them.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:53 AM   #56
SHELDONBROWN12
Generation 1

i was looking for a mp starscream (the one like the mp skywarp that wal-mart was selling) but couldnt find it anywhere
SHELDONBROWN12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:09 PM   #57
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

I regret passing on the loose but near-complete (missing one missile, I don't care about) G2 Laser Prime for $45.

It would have been $45 over budget and I just couldn't quite bring myself to do it. Arrrrrr.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote