Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-22-2010, 11:51 PM   #21
Deemar
Banned
Re: Toys you were hoping to find/buy at TFcon but didn't buy for whatever reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malwave View Post
in terms of my list;

- G1 Ultra Magnus; cheapest I found was like...80 bucks

- G1 Scamper; needed the cash to get home

- G1 Shockwave; 160 for an incomplete and broken one? Yeah, f@#k you. (thank you KO! )

- G1 Star Saber KO; wish I'd bought it at the parts party instead of waiting on saturday; couldn't find the guy again >_<

- Classics Grimlock; curse me for thinking he'd be on the table after the David Kaye panel.
I have an Ultra Magnus but there's no accessories for it, I'm looking to get rid of it. I also have an extra complete Scamper if you want it. I think I have 3 actually, selling 2 of them. I don't know for a price, make me an offer plus actual shipping.
Deemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:52 PM   #22
MisBio12
Robot in Disguise
Re: Toys you were hoping to find/buy at TFcon but didn't buy for whatever reason

Only a few things I missed

Henkei Optimus Prime found 1 but for a lot though

Warbot Didnt have enough

generations wave 1. couldnt find it but everyone said there was booth sellin them
MisBio12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:12 AM   #23
Janitor
Classic

Two that will probably haunt me for quite some time:

Wal-Mart Universe RED Powerglide $30: were a lot of them at the large table that was loaded with HFTD stuff by the second entrance/exit. Because he was quite large, I told myself I'd nab him before I leave, but totally forgot! Boo, still don't own that mold (passed on the grey, Henkei was too pricey).

Complete Quickmix w/ 2 Targetmasters $25 iirc at some random table: I spent WAAAY too much time at Russ' table with my list of G1 parts. By the time I went back, Quickmix was gone. <sad panda>

Various complete G1s I passed on, but not losing sleep over as they were asking for just too damn much: Grimlock ($95...or any Dinobots for that matter), Wheeljack ($140), Shockwave ($225), Menasor ($275!), Lightspeed MOSC ($60), Punch/Counterpunch ($85), pretty much all Head/Target/Powermasters ($$$ yowza!)
Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:43 AM   #24
ARCTrooperAlpha
Beast Machine

most sad for me was not being able to buy a Perfect Effect shadow warrior for 40 bucks.........sniff sniff.
ARCTrooperAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:00 AM   #25
Sanethoughinsane
Derp
Send a message via Skype™ to Sanethoughinsane
Unhappy Re: Toys you were hoping to find/buy at TFcon but didn't buy for whatever reason

Looked around for Henkei Ironhide (in my opinion, it looks better than Hasbro's version, what with the bad windows and the blue face), but either the dealers were hiding them, or I really really sucked at looking for it D: Did find Henkei Ratchet, for a decent price, considering how high both have gone up on eBay and how they're almost never in stock on other online toy stores. Warbot defender, I missed out on because I already withdrew my limit on Sunday, and Generations Drift I just couldn't plain find (I saw it on the front table and actually got excited but the blonde who was there, though extremely nice, shot my hopes down, lol).
Sanethoughinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:50 AM   #26
Uberman
Energon

I was really on the lookout for Magmatron and Universe Nemesis Prime [the mammoth] neither of which I saw. I would have spent a hefty amount [for me] on that mammoth...

I also saw Heinlad for 40 bucks, which struck me as sorta high, so I waffled, and sure enough it was gone when I returned later. So... I dunno. Bit of a wash.

Oh, also, a guy was gonna sell me Botcon Buzzclaw and Dirge for, I think, 35 bucks. I feel I should have gone for that one. Not an amazing deal, but deal enough I think I should have taken it.

Oh, well.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:58 AM   #27
ang3l3s
Robot Master

I concur with those who did rounds and missed out, i wanted rid prime, did 1 round , came back and he was gone, henkei ss for $20....i know, what's $20on a henkei ss. Next year i see it at a good price it's mine!!!! I also agree that some of the price were exorbitant to say the least but it was well done, congrats to the staff.
ang3l3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:03 AM   #28
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions

My memory gets me every time.

A seller had Botcon Springer for $70. I offered $60 but the seller wasn't there at the time...his wife, I guess?, was watching the table and said he is the one negotiating. So she was nice enough to put it aside. I was to come back and get the verdict but I TOTALLY forgot. I was half way home stuck in traffic when it occured to me. I feel so freakin bad for leaving them hanging and would've bought for sure.

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:24 AM   #29
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Just as an FYI to the people that came Sunday, next time come Saturday because that's when things like Drift were available and sold out by the end of the first day.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:31 AM   #30
CyberMnky
Animated

I had totally spaced on my wishlist till the last minute for some reason. I was trying to find a Universe Skyfall (Silverbolt repaint) for sure... And an Alternity Cliff, which I saw but was busy and then forgot about.

I think there were a couple others I was looking for...

If you are reading this then you must be bored...

CyberMnky is offline   Reply With Quote