Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-22-2010, 09:47 PM   #11
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy
Re: Toys you were hoping to find/buy at TFcon but didn't buy for whatever reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
the only one that comes to mind is botcon scorch and glint.i was debating it being as the vendor i was talking to was the only one there that actually still had the glint figure with him.
ultimately i grabbed botcon doublepunch buit left scorch.....regrets now
i stood there with my hand over the thing for like 7 mins waiting for you to get back and you left it, i robbed the guy of a sale too lol, another person asked for it when i was holding it lol, i told him i was holding it for a friend that forgot his wallet upstairs lol you got his card right?

only ones i wanted were generations, but i never saw the deal that purplebot got them for

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:51 PM   #12
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave
Re: Toys you were hoping to find/buy at TFcon but didn't buy for whatever reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkamanraiden View Post
1) Let's see I was looking for a Universe Classic Grimlock and Jetfire for custom project, found them to be way too expensive.

2) I couldn't find a Universe Classics Nemesis Prime

3) Complete G1 Jetfires were going for way too much. I managed to find a complete 'broken' one for $25. It wasn't actually broken someone had just not bothered to reassemble it.

4)Was looking for a Classics Universe Dirge junker to harvest for parts (spring and rotator joints)but didn't find any.
and figures I grabbed a Cybertron Voyager Starscream at the con for like 6 bucks xD
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:56 PM   #13
TheLogicalProwl
Beast Machine

I too was looking for Classics Nemesis Prime. HE is one of the only ones that I missing from my Classics collection. I didn't see him at all.

I suppose my major disappointment was the price of some figures. I am working pretty hard on my Alternators collection and I was really disappointed with the prices. $90 for Decepticharger? $55 for Mirage? I paid $50 for Rodimus Prime for heaven's sake....

I suppose I got my revenge on the two people who asking $85 for Camshaft. Got it off someone else for $40. :|)
TheLogicalProwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:19 PM   #14
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

I was hoping to find a complete G1 Chromedome that was both in good condition and at a reasonable price...Alas, no such luck. Same goes with G1 Shockwave...

I passed on a Titanium G1 Ultra Magnus - but now I regret not picking it up. It was loose, but seemed to be in good condition. Actually that figure really blew my mind because I had no idea it even existed. I mean, a metal G1 Magnus that transforms nicely, and you don't attach a trailer to a white Prime and then build it with Lego until it's finally Ultra Magnus! Yeah I regret not getting this...Oh, and I sort-of regret not picking up Titanium Thrust - but no biggie.

I did not see a Takara Buster Prime there and I was really hoping to see it in person and probably pick it up. Disappointing.
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:25 PM   #15
Nemesis Predaking
Wears Sunglasses at Night

TM2 Blackarachnia & Quickstrike were the only 2 things on my wish list I didn't get from TFCon.

The last hour of the dealer room, I think everyone I was chillin with all weekend was trying to find either of them for me.

You know you're an old nerd when you feel the effects of inflation on action figures.
Youtube Twitter
Nemesis Predaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:27 PM   #16
HybridHero
Generation 1

While I found a good portion of what I was looking for, specific items that were missing/gone were Classics Ultra Magnus (which I want before I get the City Commander upgrade), and Big Convoy/Nemesis Prime. I know both WERE there, but alas I arrived a half hour late.

On the other hand, I snagged MIB Alt. Rumble and Jaguar Ravage early on, as well as a nice loose Lio Convoy and MIB Heinlad, so I can't say the event was a failure by any means.
HybridHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:33 PM   #17
Richter
Nexus Maximus

I was looking for a henkei crystal convoy, but of course never found one. On the upside, I just bought one for $200 MIB today!

Current Wants:
  • Horsey Prime
Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:07 PM   #18
Phalanx
Generation 2

I found some Henkei and Classics Primes, but nothing at a price I was willing to pay.

I ended up not buying any G1s... though I admit I didn't go in with a specific list of things to buy. Anything interesting I did see was a bit beyond what I could afford this year.

Finally, I only found one Macross Revoltech toy, and it was a frickin' Reguld. Where were my Valkyries? Argh.

All that said, I finally got my MP Grimlock and reissue OS, so I was happy with that.
Phalanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:30 PM   #19
Brrjit
Turbo revvin' young punk.

Didn't feel like shelling out $35 for Animated Wreckgar and $50 for Ultra Magnus. I'll get them someday.

..::"Secrets are the foundation of power"::..
Brrjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:32 PM   #20
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brrjit View Post
Didn't feel like shelling out $50 for Ultra Magnus
For shame....

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote