Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 05-29-2007, 11:43 PM   #11
Black Cat
Animated
Re: Cell Phones.

Razr's not worth it. They break with a strong gust of wind.

Best ones to go with are Rogers and Bell. Everyone I know has either been with one of them for years, or has switched over to them. I've been with Bell for quite a while now, and don't really have any major complaints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisau View Post
their customer service is in India. Their waiting time is 2 hours. they double billed me once. they charged me for junk text messages i didn't want. their receptions is worst then rogers.it's harder to pay bills since their store outlet don't work with their billing department.
Um, I think their after-hours customer service is in India. And I've never waited more than 30 minutes, unless I called during peak times. And I can't comment on the rest, since I don't pay my bill.
And yes, Bell doesn't have reception as good as Rogers, but they're still pretty good.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:00 AM   #12
chisau

It all depends on what do you want your cell phone to do. Do you just want a phone or do you want videos, camera, games, MP3s...etc...

i personally like this one:
http://www.shoprogers.com/store/wire...10IR&summary=1

it has a 2 megapixel video camera for videos and pics and it used Memory stick Duo for memory which means cheap expansion. and it plays MP3s. I think you should go with this one.
chisau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:16 AM   #13
Mumps
Canadian Slag

I just want a phone... Camera is a plus, but not needed.

I want a flip phone, but I hate the bulky normal ones (hence my leaning towards the Razr and Katana)

Would there be any way to get a Katana on Rogers?
Mumps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:01 AM   #14
tilallr1
Robot in Disguise

Dudes, both me and my brother-in-law have Sony Ericssons and they are with Rogers. I got mine after he professed much love for this phone. I needed an upgrade so I thought what the hell. I also now profess they are the best phones on the market and worth the upgrade. You can easily download free games for em, mp3's, ringtones and they are 2.0 mp camera phones as well. Did I mention the Walkman option, which is great if you ride the subway or bus alot. Check em out you might really love this phone as much as we do.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:32 AM   #15
BadJeff
Bite my shiny metal ass!

I've been with Telus, Rodgers and Bell. They all piss me off but overall I've had best success with Bell. Currently using Audiovox PPC 6600 and generally everything works as expected except on the main floor of my house. I think I am at the furthest possible point from all towers around my neighborhood so main floor reception blows ass but 2nd floor is pretty decent. Drive 1 block in any direction and signal strength gets a lot better. Go figure.

I know this phone is pretty bulky for most people but i love the thing. MP3 player, big screen, watch nice quality movies (great on planes), organize contacts, video and still camera, voice recorder (great for recording phone calls and a ton of other goodies.

Last edited by BadJeff; 05-30-2007 at 11:35 AM.
BadJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 01:22 PM   #16
Xalticus

"I'd like my phone to be able to make phone calls."
Xalticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 02:16 PM   #17
devilsknight
Banned

My biggest tip is this...you have a leg up with Telus in the fact you can re-negotiate your contract to suit your needs. Get at them for that lack of coverage...could be phone too...but get on them about that. Retention plans are also a good place to start too !!!

If you switch companies your losing a valuable bargaining chip. The ability to tell the cell company what you want.

I've been with Telus since it's Clearnet days. I always negotiate my contracts. Also make sure you look at special plans...just as an example here's the one I switched my GF to on her renewal with Telus, and then I re-negotiated my contract with this plan not even into my first year, considering it's for new and renewals and they didn't change my contract it was a bouns due to my loyalty. You have to be a member of Airmiles in case they ask (which they haven't for me)

Telus Talk EPP 17.30 Plan

200 Daytime Minutes
Unlimited Evenings & Weekends (starting at 6pm)
Voicemail 3, Call Waiting, Conference
Unlimited local calling on your birthday
Add SAF at $6.95 plus E911 at $0.75 plus taxes

It's 28.50 with all fees and taxes...with me for example i got Voicemail 10, CallerID, Call Fowarding, phone activation fee waived, a $50 bill credit and a $300 phone credit out of it too. For me it slashed my old plan's monthly cost by 14.00 a month...all i lost is my per second billing, but i never use over 50 daytime minutes anyways.

Just as an example though...fish around alot, look for the special plans, that one above expires on June 1st I believe.

Last edited by devilsknight; 05-30-2007 at 02:20 PM.
devilsknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:03 AM   #18
Mumps
Canadian Slag

Well, decision made. I will be getting this phone, with Rogers.

http://www.shoprogers.com/store/wire...07XR&summary=1

What plan? Most likely pre-paid, but haven't decided yet.
Mumps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:41 AM   #19
Tech Spec
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
Well, decision made. I will be getting this phone, with Rogers.

http://www.shoprogers.com/store/wire...07XR&summary=1

What plan? Most likely pre-paid, but haven't decided yet.
Solid choice! I have been with them for two years and hopefully I can negotiate my contract at the end of my 3 yrs. Reception is top notch, I was talkin on my cell in elevators before that commercial came out
Tech Spec is offline   Reply With Quote