Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 05-28-2007, 07:03 PM   #1
Mumps
Canadian Slag
Cell Phones.

So, I need a new cell phone, and I have decided that I will never again go with Telus. That leads me to a dilema. Who do I choose?

From what I hear, Rogers has the best coverage. However, their phones really suck... I hate the selection..

Bell has awesome phones, they are the only ones that offer the phone I want, the Sanyo Katana. However, they are more expensive. I want "pay as you go" and with Bell it costs me $10.95/month on top of the minutes I buy (no other company has monthly fees for pay and talk)
$6.00 for Call ID, and a manditory $4.95 for emergancy/911 access O_o

I am seriously leaning towards Bell, cause I like that phone. Telus has other phones I want, but like I said, I hate Telus...

What about the other carriers? Virgin has no contracts, but is their coverage good? There is also Fido, Solo, and about 50 others...

So, what are everybody's opinions of the various cell phone carriers in Canada? Throw in phone models as well if you wish.
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:04 PM   #2
chisau
Re: Cell Phones.

Bell does offer the best phone if you are willing to put up with their service bull shit. and there will be a lot of bull shit. much worse then telus. Rogers does offer the best service but their phone selection is limited. everyone else falls in between.

what ever company you go with, there will always be bull shit you have to deal with. Some more then others. I have fido and i like to kick every fido people in the balls sometimes, but i do like my phone and willing to live with their phone service they provide.
chisau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:40 PM   #3
Mumps
Canadian Slag

Well, my main thing with Telus was poor reception. EVERYWHERE!

I help run a college Anime Club, and half the time we are in the basement of one of the buildings. My phone was the only phone that didn't work down there. And I was the only person who had a telus phone...
Old 05-28-2007, 09:37 PM   #4
Wing alpha

well my solo, has a good reception, and crap- but granted its a bell too.

but meh I still get free text messages.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:51 AM   #5
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
Well, my main thing with Telus was poor reception. EVERYWHERE!
I hear you brother! In my old house, on the main level even, my cell phone would just cut out depending on where I was standing. It was a Telus phone.

Sadly I'm still with telus, accepting the fact I get my voivemails about 20 minutes after they are left or even the next day. I just can't get a better deal with any other carrier. Apparently I have one of the older plans that you can't get anymore and would cost me an extra $15 to $20 a month to get now. Soooo... I've stuck with Telus. I've heard just as many horror stories about the other carriers though.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:36 PM   #6
Mumps
Canadian Slag

As long as I can get better reception than Telus, thats all that matters with me.

I may go out tomorrow and get that phone, unless anybody has any reason not to go with Bell, other than their cost.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:06 PM   #7
chisau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
As long as I can get better reception than Telus, thats all that matters with me.

I may go out tomorrow and get that phone, unless anybody has any reason not to go with Bell, other than their cost.
their customer service is in India. Their waiting time is 2 hours. they double billed me once. they charged me for junk text messages i didn't want. their receptions is worst then rogers.it's harder to pay bills since their store outlet don't work with their billing department.
chisau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:41 PM   #8
Mumps
Canadian Slag

Hmm... this makes the decision REALLY hard now...
Paying bills isn't a problem. Any monthly fee can be paid online, and besides, I will be going with a prepaid plan anyways.

On one hand, Bell/Solo has the phone I want, while rogers has the worst phones on their selection

On the other hand... rogers/fido are the way to go. Only good phone though is the Razr. Which everybody and their dog now has.

*cry*

Should I just go with Solo and be done with it? They are cheaper than bell, and use the same network, which I assume is stronger than Telus for reception.

Gah! Decisions, decisions...
Old 05-29-2007, 10:37 PM   #9
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Have you considered virgin? They're not bad in terms of plans. But I dont know if you can get the phone you want with them.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:48 PM   #10
Mumps
Canadian Slag

The only phone I kinda like that they have is the Razr. But like I said, everybody and their dog has one of those...

haha, I may end up with a razr by the end of tomorrow, just you guys watch.