Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-19-2015, 01:26 PM   #1
LadyBug
Generation 2
TFCon 2015 *Unofficial* Feedback Thread

Overall, 2015 had been one of the best years yet since we've started coming to TFCon back in 2012. We simply love the custom Quest food and drink menu! It's so convenient and delicious! We ate at the Quest twice this weekend. Other than what was listed, this year was fantastic! Keep up the awesome work! There's a few things though that I've noticed that you guys could use some improving on:

1. The badges this year were the worst of the years that I've gone. I don't know if it was a budget thing or not, but they were cheaply made.

2. The whole VIP Peter Cullen experience was great except that I wished you guys would of had paid a photographer to be here for that. Ian did an ok job with our pictures, but Peter wasn't positioned correctly against the black background. (The lighting in the room was also really funky with certain cameras!!)

3. The Peter Cullen Q&A really needs some help:
a. The lines for the panel were a bit chaotic. We're use to comic con standards of being in lines for HOURS. We headed down a bit after 4 yesterday so we could start lining up and they had no idea how to go about doing such. A lot of people were just idling outside the panel room, not knowing what to do. Shout out to the panel Queen for keeping it straight and being as helpful as she could be!
b. I thought it was really unfair to read any and all questions of people who were not present in the room. Instead, they should of been skipped and moved onto one that was. I had submitted a question, hoping it was to be read but it wasn't. It was also very biased. The questions selected should be based on Transformers questions only. We are after all at a Transformers convention, right?

4. I took a quick browse in the dealers room today (Sunday) and didn't notice a huge change at all in the vendors. Are they no longer doing the 80's Toy Show? I enjoy it for that part because its a nostalgic trip down memory lane.

5. I also really love, LOVE the t-shirt exclusive but I wished you guys would of kept that for TFCon Mississauga only and not Charlotte.

Last edited by LadyBug; 07-19-2015 at 01:30 PM.
LadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 01:37 PM   #2
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models
Re: TFCon 2015 *Unofficial* Feedback Thread

For #4, the 80's Toy Show did indeed move/separate to a different date.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 06:41 PM   #3
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

I enjoy the non Transformers questions, particularly the Predator voice acting story.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 07:03 PM   #4
Swalloweddark
Generation 2

In my opinion, I expected this TF Con to be the most busiest due to having James Roberts back and Peter Cullen but to be honest, it wasnt and kinda like last year: Ghost Halls. It was almost like a majority of attendees only bought a single day pass then vanished after getting what they needed or just came for the Peter Cullen part.

I also found the Cosplay Competition was fairly rushed compared to other years. It went from an hour event to like..20 minutes at most. They were already trying to pass onto the next constant before a cosplay was done being shown. I understand, TF Con isn't 'big' on cosplay but I hope for them to expand more panels on this subject, even invite cosplay guest, which can then be judges for the competition.

I believe attendees at TF Con are as interested in the idea of Cosplay as they are at buying things in the dealers room or making something in a workshop. I say this, because I get alot of cosplay related questions from attendees that either want to start themselves or are fascinated by the idea. Yes, there are other outlets to learn but it would be nice to have a place for it in the con as a regular panel.

I know they had a panel last year and I was hoping for it again this year but it didn't surprise me they took it off totally.

On another note, I was happy they opened Pre-reg earlier on Friday and it was organized. That was a huge plus for the con and I also found the aisles in the dealers room alittle wider. Now that could be because every time I made it to the dealers room/artist area, it was empty but it was nice to have breathing room. Other than that, I enjoyed both the James Roberts Panel, Live script reading and even though the Hotel switched over to a new name and it was HOT weekend, I still had a great time.

Even if its just a badge, I also found they cheaped out on them compared to previous years and the program guide was smaller but I do love the shirts. They were very comfy and thin for the weather. Checking in at the Hotel on Friday, it was nice for them to waiver the fee ($25) of 'Early' check in because we were with the con and free parking is always nice.

Hope to do it again all next year!

Last edited by Swalloweddark; 07-19-2015 at 07:08 PM.
Swalloweddark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 07:12 PM   #5
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swalloweddark View Post
In my opinion, I expected this TF Con to be the most busiest due to having James Roberts back and Peter Cullen but to be honest, it wasnt and kinda like last year: Ghost Halls. It was almost like a majority of attendees only bought a single day pass then vanished after getting what they needed or just came for the Peter Cullen part.
The dealers room was absolutely jam packed with people, both on Saturday and even on Sunday. At one point it got difficult to move around, especially the area where Chosen Prime's booth was, whom had a fantastic store display.

I've been going to TFCon for the last little while now, and quite personally I think this is probably the best one. The VIP line went about as smooth as it could be, and I liked that they were playing old G1 episodes to help pass the time.
Old 07-19-2015, 07:22 PM   #6
Mike
Robot Master
Mike's Ebay Auctions

I only had time to really see the deal room, was only there for a few hours.

One thing I noticed was pretty much 50% or more was third party stuff, which was kind of disappointing when you're not into that kinda stuff.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 08:42 PM   #7
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Anyone else spot the $45 CW Legends Warpaths?

Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 09:07 PM   #8
Ras
Generation 1

Great weekend. Seeing PC was an experience, he went right into Prime's voice after I introduced my kids and so Optimus himself made them honorary Autobots Cool stuff in the dealer room, saw some good deals like a boxed fort max for $300! The Chosen Prime Both was fantastic. Though I try to stay out of third party stuff due to costs, having the chance to actually seem them in person is great. I think the third party presence is a great aspect of the show. Oh yea, and the hotel is great, nice rooms, well run, and the pool is tops, especially the water slide, my kids and I had a great time and hope to do it again next year.
Old 07-19-2015, 10:14 PM   #9
mattmoylan
Generation 1

From the perspective of someone with an artist table, I had my best TFcon ever in terms of sales.

So thanks everyone for filling up my sketch list, and to the TFcon staff for being great as usual!
Old 07-20-2015, 12:35 AM   #10
Megatron75
Alternator

I was just there for a few hours in the dealer room on Saturday. I thought it was great although, as always, I wish there was more vintage G1 stuff. Oh well...that's to be expected. At least there was more than previous shows that I've attended. It was also nice to see some rare G1 pieces.

Last edited by Megatron75; 07-20-2015 at 01:01 AM.
Megatron75 is offline   Reply With Quote