Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-18-2013, 06:06 PM   #11
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models
Re: MP Sideswipe

I always wait for the Hasbro's version, but I didn't realize in time that this would be different because of Lamborghini license issues.

D'oh! Lesson learned: think about the licensing issues before deciding to wait for Hasbro's.

Maybe Takara will give it another run someday...?
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:09 PM   #12
choomama
Generation 2

Yeah, I'm expecting another run because I think every Takara Masterpiece so far has had more than just 1 run?

I guess if Lamborghini pulled out there would be none, but that wouldn't explain why Red Alert and e-Hobby Tiger Tracks are still coming out.
choomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:25 PM   #13
CBII
Animated

Hmmmm I thought the $95 I paid 2 weeks ago was two much. Maybe I'll keep that tiger tracks pre order after all.

Nothing better then buying a tf and it's value shoots up.
CBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #14
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by choomama View Post
Yeah, I'm expecting another run because I think every Takara Masterpiece so far has had more than just 1 run?

I guess if Lamborghini pulled out there would be none, but that wouldn't explain why Red Alert and e-Hobby Tiger Tracks are still coming out.
I'm didn't think it was Lamborghini pulling out of a deal, but rather a regional thing. I.e. Rights to make toys based on Lamborghinis *in Japan* were sold to Takara, but chances are low/none that the US rights would similarly go to Hasbro. My guess is that another company already holds North American rights for toys based on Lamborghinis.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:53 PM   #15
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
I'm didn't think it was Lamborghini pulling out of a deal, but rather a regional thing. I.e. Rights to make toys based on Lamborghinis *in Japan* were sold to Takara, but chances are low/none that the US rights would similarly go to Hasbro. My guess is that another company already holds North American rights for toys based on Lamborghinis.
Yes. Mattel holds the Lambo license. They have for awhile.

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:09 PM   #16
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

hopefully tak does another run but from the words through the grapevine which you can take with a grain of salt but coming from a bunch of different sources it seems that even that is unlikely.

we all can hope though. i would love to get another one so can display one in bot and one in car mode. he is that awesome.

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:21 PM   #17
Sam
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNKerS View Post
yup I've learned my lesson. Prowl, bluestreak and smokescreen all preordered.
Yeah I did the same.

I just really want to get Sideswipe, the ironic thing is I did have him preordered and then I cancelled it because everyone was saying he was too small and not that great. I now regret that.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:42 PM   #18
sikkbones
Banned

depending on which ones are coming out i may be able to get them at good prices, pm me for more information.
sikkbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:06 PM   #19
laffy
Crossover

It came from japan- may be getting it and he will always be the cheepest around and best service and if you dont have your preorders in for mp-17 mp-18 get it from them as his stuff is always in canada before most...
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:16 PM   #20
Sam
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikkbones View Post
depending on which ones are coming out i may be able to get them at good prices, pm me for more information.
will do
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote