Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-01-2017, 07:53 AM   #1
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
Counting 'em down again! One more time :)

So I will start by saying this. This is my LAST time doing this. With the Classics line (whether it be CHUG, CW/UW, TR, 3P and what have you) almost releasing the original US G1 line with updated characters I will be done with that part of collecting which will leave me with MP or MP style characters to collect so for sure my purchases will be a lot less (not to mention I have no freakin space left so god help me if they do a Titan class Scorponok). There will be NO customized figures; all will be MISB/MOSC if applicable (some 3P aren’t sealed so it will have to do). There will be a transformer EVERY day, bonus items will also be all Transformers (although some may not transform) assuming I find more between the time this was planned and Christmas Eve. Now bear one thing in mind as what I have chosen this is going to be extremely pic heavy and I do mean extreme! The first year I did it everything was based on size from smallest to largest, last year kinda random IIRC and this year I decided to go by weight. So in that case does the biggest mean the heaviest? Can a single gram make the difference? Round and round we go where they land, only wervenom knows lol. In that I wish you all the best for this holiday season so without further ado let me her you say

One More Time!

wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:56 AM   #2
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
Re: Counting 'em down again! One more time :)

December 1
Introducing first, on the red background, hailing all the way from Hasbro, brought to me by Walmart weighing in at 25 grams, the tiny T-Rex of Terror,

Titans Return Titan Master

OVERBOARD!

Try saying that 3 times fast lol. So this little guy was definitely an afterthought for another figure I purchased but I have to say his little dino mode has kinda grown on me. Really have no use for Titan Masters to be honest and I will still use him for the original purpose I intended him for BUT that may only be a temporary thing. Dragon mode is meh and if I do keep them separate he will join my Prime Predacons but liking more than I thought so he may be joining Soundwave after all on the classics shelf. Not much to say about him but a cute little toy none the less.

NOTE: Something has come into my hands as of late so Overboard shall remain as Overkill

Old 12-01-2017, 09:44 AM   #3
DuG
Titanium

Thank you for doing this again and providing us with something fun to look forward to!
DuG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 10:07 AM   #4
zuffyprime
Fortress Maximus

YAY for Wervenom's countdown to christmas
zuffyprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 10:42 AM   #5
urfwc
Beasty

Thank you again this year, it is appreciated and enjoyed, can't wait to see this years lineup.

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=65059
urfwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:58 PM   #6
PrimeCron
Metroplex
PrimeCron's Ebay Auctions

Thank you again for doing this!! I know that you guys are in for some awesome pictures for next 24 days or so!!

Feedback link...
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=27458
PrimeCron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 04:47 AM   #7
BoNKerS
Animated

Woot woot!!!! Love this thread!!!
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 10:46 AM   #8
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuG View Post
Thank you for doing this again and providing us with something fun to look forward to!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuffyprime View Post
YAY for Wervenom's countdown to christmas
Quote:
Originally Posted by urfwc View Post
Thank you again this year, it is appreciated and enjoyed, can't wait to see this years lineup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeCron View Post
Thank you again for doing this!! I know that you guys are in for some awesome pictures for next 24 days or so!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNKerS View Post
Woot woot!!!! Love this thread!!!
Thank guys much appreciated. Before I continue though I want to interject something or maybe I should say tell a short story. At the last show I bought an AM Frenzy (the red one just to clarify because Rumble is not red to me ) and got him home and figured I'll get to it at some point. I think it was about a week later I cracked him open to take some pics and came up with this great idea for a pose, set it up, took the pic and thought great all done. No so much because when I processed it it pissed me off because I couldn't see his face. No photographer am I but I love this hobby, love to share it, discuss it but have no real inkling to transform every figure I have all the time so taking pics I can see the alt mode whenever I want. Set it up to music, make a slideshow and enjoy it so to speak. So maybe this story isn't as short as I thought but I'm getting there. Anyway this shot irked me because of what I have been doing wrong, how I have my equipment setup and the actual equipment itself so thank you very much to dingd0ng and BoNKerS for the advice as to what to look at and further thanks to BoNKerS for explaining it in further detail. So for this year everything is being shot with the point and click and I will "play" with the new camera to make sure I understand it's working and hopefully bring you guys MUCH better pics in 2018.

Now ON WITH THE SHOW, cause that's what you really want lol
Old 12-02-2017, 10:50 AM   #9
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

December 2

Introducing second, on the blue background, hailing all the way from Hasbro brought to me by Walmart weighing in at 35 grams, the mini Monsterbot

Titans Return Repugnus

The hunt for this guy has been by far the biggest PITA I have come across in recent memory. I have no idea why TRU has not been carrying Titan Masters lately (at least not in my area for the last 6 months) and Walmart has not had very good distribution on them either. I have tried twice when they showed up on Walmart’s website and both times I added him to the cart and went to check out he was gone so I guess third time was the charm. Now as for the figure itself I am happy and disappointed at the same time. I like the idea of having him but like many others I wish they had done a deluxe size to go with the other two that have been released. As there is no bot mode it’s hard to give him a fair shake so I’ll stick with alt mode. It’s cute but wish it more like Apeface where the titan master was not needed to be integrated into the alt mode so at least the tiny dude could stand on the shelf with the rest of them. I also wish they had given his fangs and claws some silver colouring but I understand the budget with the mass produced stuff Hasbro churns out so at some point in the future I will add some colour myself. I have done some checking on the net to see it there has been any customs done to make one with no luck as I really like the face sculpt on what should be the head. Hopefully I will find a bot that I can customize into one or that Hasbro actually releases one in similar fashion that they did with Brawn. For now he will go right beside Twinferno/Double Cross as I patiently await to have the last member join them.

Old 12-02-2017, 02:18 PM   #10
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

December 2 Bonus

Introducing as the first bonus, on the white background, hailing all the way from Mastermind Creations brought to me by Madhaus Toys weighing in at 50 grams, the Dynamic Duo of Power, MMC Reformatted R17CS Continuum Set

Millifex and Billifex (Mega & Giga)

OK so first off I am not a diehard MMC fan, don’t get me wrong they have some great figures but I don’t need every figure they produce. I was on the fence about Carnifex for a long time (and IIRC was part of last year’s advent) but I wanted to have someone face off against Star Saber and after I bought him I remembered he wasn’t even Star Sabers enemy . Anyway I’m not big into the comics either so IDW Overlord is lost on me since I am more the carton type do the idea of a “G1” Overlord appealed to me much more and having Mega and Giga is adds to his overall presence for me. One day I’ll get around to re-shooting this figure in all modes with the add ons but for now these will suffice. Quite surprising how small these figs are (about the same size as a Titan Master) but more articulated so good on MMC for this set. Also with them being so much smaller than the MP Target Masters I have I may very well store these two in my classics collection.