Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-08-2017, 10:22 AM   #31
BigWillay
Robot Master
Re: Counting 'em down again! One more time :)

Nice pix loooking good!! Is that with the new camera???
As to your questions:-
1) Like the generations arcee just a slight bit better
2) As to who wore the mold better... I love the Brainstorm just something about him that I like a whole lot.
BigWillay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:28 AM   #32
BigWillay
Robot Master

[QUOTE=wervenom;747999]December 7

Introducing on the red background, hailing from Badcube brought to me by dan3ross through TF Source by way of TF Con weighing in at 301 grams, the “brawniest” of mini bots

Badcube Brawny Reissue

First I want to thank BigWillay for helping me verify what he was, meaning, being the good one. I had read some time ago that there was an issue with some releases of the re-issue of something being heated up to much, wheels had warped and the chest wouldn’t tab properly. Now having said that this guy was 5 minutes away from my own sales thread because his chest (the top two tabs) would NOT go in at all. I was cheesed for 2 minutes until I took it apart and saw the grill had not tabbed into the inside properly so my bad and now all good. I wasn’t into 3P too much at the time of his original release and figured I’d pick him up at a later date, only to see him sell out quick and the price jump astronomically in the aftermarket so thank you Bad Cube for doing the re-issue AND for including the bazooka that was only available with the Quintesson journal which I would not be willing to pay for. Now back to Brawny I do like the figure, good bot mode, decent transformation, belongs on an MP shelf for sure. One thing I have to say is what a PITA it was to get the dam welding torch on his wrist. It’s not included in the instructions, no reviews, just nothing. It wasn’t hard to figure out how to get it on but I thought I was going to snap that thing six ways from Sunday it took that much force. Another two minor gripes is he doesn’t stay tabbed together when posing. Simple poses, his chest would come loose, the panels on the legs would come loose and his thighs don’t have enough clearance so when moved the “butt” moves down and makes him look like he has a fully loaded diaper. Ultimately it is a good figure MP wise so long as he holds a static pose but that’s just my opinion and opinions are like gas mileage on different vehicles, they vary.

Thanks for the shout out, no worries mang... any time!!
BigWillay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:51 AM   #33
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWillay View Post
Nice pix loooking good!! Is that with the new camera???
As to your questions:-
1) Like the generations arcee just a slight bit better
2) As to who wore the mold better... I love the Brainstorm just something about him that I like a whole lot.
No all with old camera. Haven't had time to play with the new one yet. Still have to get the diffusers and thanks for the compliment

Last edited by wervenom; 02-03-2020 at 11:26 AM.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:50 PM   #34
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

December 8 Bonus

Introducing on the blue background, hailing all the way from Hasbro brought to me by Robot Kingdom (with the extra added love of customs dinging me) weighing in at 327 grams, the last of the Autobot Monsterbots

NYCC 2017 Exclusive Titans Return Grotusque with Fengul and
Scorponok.

Is this a sign of things to come? I hope, I hope, I hope that the next Titan will be Scorponok. I know about the plans for Predaking which is fine but I personally hope that Hasbro does the City Bot since we now have the other 3. The only other thing is that I hope these exclusives are not going to be a trend where collectors have to pay more to complete sub-groups as I fear the Brainstorm and Arcee fiascos we have faced for the last few years are adding to these trends where last waves of figures only pop up in random places. The die cast Scorponk is really cool but again with no body he doesn’t do that much for me. Now as for Grotusque it’s great to have him to complete the set of 3 and is a nice remold of Twinferno. Looks decent in both modes but was hoping for a slightly articulated neck in monster mode as he seems to face too low. I was also checking some images out to see if I had made a mistake as I thought he would facing higher but when looking at the Hasbro official images I noticed they didn’t have the jaw attached so it’s not me, it’s them. The “feet” of the bot mode don’t tab well once transformed but at least the tail sticks together so that’s good. The one thing that I have to say they did really well was Fengul. With Dabaru being a nod to the lion on the beast planet, Hasbro at least could have painted his eye patch or something, but with Fengul they really did a good job with colour to give it life and pay homage to the Headmasters episode. Overall really happy I was able to get him and complete another sub group this year.

Old 12-09-2017, 09:24 AM   #35
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

December 9

Introducing on the white background, hailing from Hasbro brought to me by Target by way of Kijiji weighing in at 351 grams, the single worst combiner I have ever had the pleasure of owning, not once but twice, the jolly ranchers of Transformers

The Target Exclusive Beast Hunters Predacon ABOMINUS!

Yes you read right I have owned it before. Initially I bought it because I never had an Abominus as a kid, just Sinnertwin and Rippersnapper. Then I found the regular retail set and bought all of them and as Target went tits up in Canada (come to think of it what the hell does that even mean?) Anyway I bought the exclusive version because it was cheap. Then as I began to re-focus on my collection goals Abominus just wasn’t worth keeping so I sold both. Stupid me had I known what would have come to me much later on I would have kept them. By luck through a group buy and another friend passing up on the figure I purchased the up scaled commander class Predaking for a really good price but in having done that I now had a 4th Predaking but this one had no subjects for his grace to be bestowed upon so I began searching for Predacons and found enough to my satisfaction so here were are. He came combined and was thoroughly torn apart and put into beast mode and so they shall forever remain. I won’t bother going over each one individually, not because they are older toys but simply they are legion class and not much to them to be honest. What lies ahead for tomorrow, eh, who knows? Oh wait I do

Old 12-10-2017, 10:49 AM   #36
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

December 10

Introducing on the Quintesson of Death background, hailing from HasCon 2017 brought to me by Hasbro Toy Shop weighing in at 365 grams, the Transformers who brings life to Autobots and portable devices

The HasCon 2017 Exclusive Power Bank Optimus Prime

So I ordered this along with Arcee and that was an interesting ordeal. I was able to get my order through before all the Arcee’s were sold out and waited patiently for my shipping confirmations. I guess about 4 days had passed and was told the Optimus was ready but Arcee was not. 4 hours later Arcee was ready and my items were shipped but I got 2 tracking numbers in the same email. I didn’t know that HTS ships with FedEx air so I received the package the next day. I opened it up just chomping at the bit for Arcee only to realize she wasn't there just the Prime. So after my initial shock and going back to write Hasbro of where my other stuff was as neither tracking number worked I decided to take Optimus out of the shipping box to give it a once over. My first thought was wow this is heavy and my second was holy crap this thing is real? I don’t have a power bank except to boost my truck and it’s multipurpose for portable devices I just haven't needed it yet so I’ve never paid attention to power banks. I figured I’d check for a YouTube review but surprisingly there aren’t many so I guess this really is a niche product and not for everyone. I only bought it because it was a decent price and it made the shipping easier to swallow. Now that sad thing is I don’t want to transform it unless it’s charged so have to wait a few hours to finish this off. Alright so what was a second for you was about 4 hours for me waiting for him to fully charge. For what he is I can’t complain as far as articulation goes. He has some poseability but nothing at waist or head but minimal at knees, toes, shoulders, elbows, hips and wrist. Works fine as an actual power bank as I did hook my phone up to it and did show as charging. Now this is not for everyone that is for sure, very much a niche product like the PlayStation Optimus but at least this does something, not that I have anything against the latter because I do like it for what it is. The sword lights up as do the eyes but the eyes blink so it was tough to catch on camera when they lit up. The sword, shield and wings can combine as a stand for your portable device, depending on size as I wouldn’t recommend anything larger than your cell phone as it’s stable but not very strong. Height wise is just slightly taller than the current voyager and despite the weight of the battery on his back is very stable standing in an “A” stance. If you need a portable power bank and are TF fan then I say get him but at a price you can live with. For some reason he is going for around $100 CAD not including shipping on eBay but is still available for 49.99 USD plus shipping and taxes at Hasbro toy shop so with the current conversion rate they could very well be the same in the end. Oh and one last thing, if you are expecting him to look like his package art, don’t. You will be disappointed.

I love this episode, I used to be a truck

Last edited by wervenom; 12-10-2017 at 11:13 AM.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:45 AM   #37
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

no Megs but a good looking duo

Old 12-10-2017, 01:44 PM   #38
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

December 10 Bonus

Introducing, oh you get the picture the 398 gram

TLK Infernocus

Feels like walking into a TRU or Walmart and saying SSDD lol. Told you I went hunting for Predacons, granted these are called Infernocons but dang blast it they are repainted Predacons so that works for me. Again I wouldn’t recommend this set at full price, like I mean at all and even at sale price it’s tough to swallow but fortunately it was 33% off the sale price so that I can live with. Anyway nothing really that much different between this and yesterday’s reveal but what differences that do exist are noticeable. Hun-Grrr is replaced by Skulk so bigger torso and therefore bigger combined bot. Skulk sucks, he’s either a bot or a butt, has no beast mode and doesn’t serve much purpose. His fate to be revealed later. The Cutthroat, that became Windrazor, that then became Rupture is missing his tail so that was a bit disappointing, probably like the movie (which I only got around to like a month ago) but he’s at the back of the shelf now so I can live with that too. Also I remember a friend going nuts over this Quintessa thing and had to have it before he found out she was the size of a Quarter so her fate became that of Skulk. He stands behind the Quintesson Judge in my classic collection and she can stay there too. As for the rest of them, they will join yesterday’s offerings and the OS simplified Voyager Predaking (who is the size of the ultimate one) now has his own disloyal subjects to ruin. Oh and for the record I tried to make a beast mode for Skulk but didn’t work out very well and the bot mode of that looked like something from Game Of Thrones.

Old 12-11-2017, 09:51 AM   #39
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Today's submission will be late as my PC was doing some crazy ass update and was taking way to long to boot up. Sorry guys but it will be worth the wait
Old 12-11-2017, 05:11 PM   #40
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

December 11

Introducing on the blue background hailing from Transformmission brought to me by way of eBay, at a weight of 501 grams, the prettiest Lamborghini transformer I have ever seen

Transformmission Carnage (aka Stunticon Breakdown)

This guy was a long time coming for being the second figure released in the set and although I'm not a fan of Lamborghini this is a very nice looking vehicle. The style and paint apps on this are just visually stunning. Transformation can be a bit cumbersome and not great. The bot mode looks really good as well but for anyone who has watched a review on this guy I can completely agree that what they did with his feet are just a crime. I’m sure that someone over there could have found a better way to give this guy some feet and proper ankle tilts because DAMN! They are just awful. Now, to be fair and honest, I did open him (if you can call it that as the boxes themselves are not sealed) to get the clear Optimus Prime pieces. For some reason I have had a string of bad luck this year with model kits having missing parts, figures having missing pieces and they have all been factory sealed which is very disappointing. The only problem with Prime is I had to wait until Overturn showed up so that I could even verify that I did indeed have all the pieces and at that point I figured I might as well put it together. Now unlike GT Tyrant or Megasorry I don’t know the name of the clear Optimus you get with them so I’ll just have to refer to him as Havoc Prime for the time being. Now back to Carnage (and I do love the name) I think overall he looks great but they could have made so improvements to both feet and shoulders.