Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 09-26-2014, 10:09 PM   #11
Grimlock4Prime
Alternator
Re: It's UPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
Really? LEGO Shop seems to use FedEx a lot and I haven't received any fees from either order with them.
I think that has to do with them tacking HST onto your order total.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:30 PM   #12
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepmanhastj View Post
I've had this happen to me with a seller from Texas.

You have to get him to redo the form that shows the values on that end and send it to UPS.

When they have a corrected value form from the seller they will have to adjust their costs.

Then you have to submit that info to CRA to get your taxes back via the form they slapped on your package. That has to be mailed in.

You can get it corrected, call UPS customer service and tell them that the values were incorrect and hopefully the seller will redo the declaration form (properly).
I suspect it may be like pulling teeth to get that done.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:39 PM   #13
Jeepmanhastj
Beasty

Quote:
I suspect it may be like pulling teeth to get that done.
Have you asked the sender?

All you need is him to redo the UPS form. The rest is all procedure.

Once you have the proper paperwork you'll get your overpayment back.
Jeepmanhastj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 11:09 PM   #14
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepmanhastj View Post
Have you asked the sender?

All you need is him to redo the UPS form. The rest is all procedure.

Once you have the proper paperwork you'll get your overpayment back.
Yeah, considering how he reacted to my frustrations at the unexpected fee and the attitude both of us developed at this souring of a fair deal I'm afraid a simple request may be difficult to convince the seller of doing.

Neither one of us handled this development very well upon initial reaction.

I may have to chalk this up to learning experience and let the government keep their money.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:17 PM   #15
Pascal
Banned

Which sets out of curiosity?
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 09:31 AM   #16
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Quote:
Really? LEGO Shop seems to use FedEx a lot and I haven't received any fees from either order with them.
That's because you are buying from Legoshop Canada, not .com (US). The Canadian prices are reflected on their site and HST is added on. Most of their stuff is shipped from within Canada. But sometimes, due to stock availability, they will come from the US, customs exempt.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 10:07 AM   #17
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Yeah, so I paid someone in the states for some Kre-O items we haven't gotten up here yet. UPS totally hosed me.

See I paid a grand total of 170$ before shipping for six sets. Listed as three by the seller.

UPS took that 170$ total and somehow, either due to the seller's error or the error of UPS, listed each item separately as 170$, meaning they took the value and jacked it up to 510$ US. Naturally with currency conversion this made it over 600$ our currency.

The GST was a bit higher than it should have been because of this, naturally. I'm still not sure why the government charges individuals GST on importing items or why UPS treats everyone, including individuals as a company, which potentially leads to the damn GST charges as it stands.

But anyway, there was a brokerage fee as well, and that fee was applied to the 613$ and change that the currency converted to.

I just had to spend 130$ on top of the damn money I spent for the items and to ship them here. I should have insisted on using USPS with the seller, they don't have jacked up fees for importing to the states, just duties and taxes for passing through customs last I checked.

I'm not sure who to talk to about this, or where to go, there isn't much I can do at this point to argue the matter, aside from providing documented proof that the items total value was 170$ not 170$ for each individual item. I'm perfectly willing to accept whatever the government tells me I need to pay for having an item come across the boarder, but a brokerage fee doesn't strike me as something I should be paying, not to this large of an extent.

What should I do? I have no experience in dealings of this sort... Also would anyone happen to know what the hell EEI stands for on a UPS customs form?

I do not like this, I mean the dude was very accommodating, he bought these things for me and held on to them while I saved up the full amount to pay for them, and I don't want this brokerage fee and gst costs to detract from an otherwise decent seller, but I am certainly not in the mood to leave positive feedback just yet if ever.

Anyway, are there any insights into how to go about dealing with UPS's messy brokerage costs? Or am I just going to have to eat this damn cost, which really does not help with my current budget?
omg remind me never to by from you ever... come on the custom fees are not his fault... just shaking my had im disgust...
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 04:31 PM   #18
Beechy
The Veteran.

Everytime I see this thread, I yell "IT'S DOWNS!"
Beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 05:01 PM   #19
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Which sets out of curiosity?
The Autobot Command Center, the U.S.S Vengeance, the Arashikage Dojo, the Ghoststriker, the Firebat Attack, the Outpost Defense and a few more BAT and Eel single pack troop builders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
omg remind me never to by from you ever... come on the custom fees are not his fault... just shaking my had im disgust...
Really? The fees are not his fault? Granted I well expect there to be custom fees, I'm not a total idiot, however you don't seem to understand where my frustration came from.

I paid him 170$ TOTAL before taxes for the items in question. When he filled out the form or when the moron at the UPS counter put the detail in, they listed three units with a unit price of 170$ US each, bringing the total that I was charged GST and Brokerage Fees on to 510$ US which transferred into 613$ CND.

I was basically overcharged on the import fees into Canada by UPS and the CRA. I paid way more than expected and unless the seller is willing to help correct these values I am out no small amount of change.

I got frustrated and misunderstood what happened, it happens to everybody who doesn't have all the facts, I didn't have time to try and figure out what happened fully before explaining myself.

In the immortal words of fictional fan favorite, I don't blame people for their mistakes, but I would hope that they'd fix them.

I am fully willing to accept the blame for being too emotional and upset at the time, and so now I don't see the seller being as cooperative had I approached informing him as to what happened with a cooler and more informed head. That's totally on me.

This one incident does not make me a bad person to do business with, I've had tons of successful transactions and treat all of my customers with respect. To think that a single incident where I'm the buyer rather than the seller reflects on all of my online business is rather single minded and stereotyping. We all react with our emotions at times, especially where our finances tend to be involved, and on such a large scale level as this.

I don't typically do a lot of business with cross boarder shopping. It isn't my forte when it comes to knowledge, especially since I stopped using BBTS.

That reminds me, I've been meaning to get some feedback posted up for one of my buyers. If you'll excuse me.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:09 AM   #20
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

So Scrapper6, have you made any progress in getting some of your money back from UPS or some sort of resolution? Or are you going to bite the bullet.

I've been screwed over too by brokerage frees. Not as bad as you but it was in the triple digits. It's the worst.

I just noticed you can't spell "brokerage" without "rage." Huh, how appropriate.