Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 03-02-2013, 03:27 AM   #21
CBII
Animated
Re: Kreo G1 style Devastator (forms!) and G1 Ironhide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echotransformer View Post
NP! Super excited to see the result, will you share pics?
Yup when it's all done I sure will.

I should note that I'm really tempted to raid some of other kreo kits for spare parts. But for now I'll stick to just whats in the two kits.

However since I'm using two regular devy kits and not one with the ironhide, my hook has no HOOK! LOL
CBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #22
CBII
Animated
Re: Kreo G1 style Devastator (forms!) and G1 Ironhide

Ok update time:

Finally finished this project off last night. What a nightmare. The weight of the figure is way to much for the balljoints to hold it up, it was constantly flopping and falling over and every time I touched it stuff fell off. It was madding. But I got it finished. First pic is of all pure kero parts. But I gave up on making a transformable wideload and just built a center section that looks like wide load is in there.

I have a load of megabloxs from one of those 2000 pcs costco sets (bought to make grand stands for my kreons) and I started beefing up the forearms, legs and crotch area (to stop it from folding in half). Now I could have likely raided my spare kreo kits for the parts I needed but if I ever sell those in the future I don't want to have to try and remember what came from where. So when the time comes to sell or give away the megabloxs pcs used stay with the devy sets.

Final results...looks great in a standard "A" stance pose. Also made some add on heal spurs for extra support.

Many thanks to everyone that helped out with pics and advice.
CBII is offline   Reply With Quote