Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-27-2015, 02:07 PM   #1
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!
Canada Post Tracking...Where are my Transformers?

So there was a rude awakening today when checking tracking numbers on Canada Post for many collectors. Seems as though any international registered packages (including US) are no longer showing in the Canada Post tracking system, unlike it used to.

Here is a quote from their website FAQ which I think has been updated??

Quote:
Track is not available for Registered Mail™ International, Small Packet™ - USA and Small Packet – International.

If your package was mailed from the U.S. or internationally, check the foreign postal web site for shipping details before it arrives in Canada.
Problem is when it arrives in Canada, I have no idea where it is anymore. I can't tell you how many times I have used the CP tracking system to troubleshoot and identify errors in delivery of my international packages.

Does anyone know anything further about this? I don't want to jump to any conclusions but it seems like registered mail is no longer easily tracked.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 02:13 PM   #2
mcmus
Animated
Re: Canada Post Tracking...Where are my Transformers?

Sorry, I thought it is always the case that you can only tracked the inbound package when it arrives in Canada and have to track the local mail website before arrival.
Old 08-27-2015, 02:25 PM   #3
Mishap
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmus View Post
Sorry, I thought it is always the case that you can only tracked the inbound package when it arrives in Canada
Apparently, not any more. I've had similar issues. The item is invisible when it reaches Canada.
Quote:
and have to track the local mail website before arrival.
Generally, that still works, unless you use the cheapest option. I've had stuff shipped from Hong Kong Post and it disappears as soon as the item is delivered to the post office. The tracking number is useless.
Mishap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 02:31 PM   #4
mcmus
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishap View Post
Apparently, not any more. I've had similar issues. The item is invisible when it reaches Canada.

Generally, that still works, unless you use the cheapest option. I've had stuff shipped from Hong Kong Post and it disappears as soon as the item is delivered to the post office. The tracking number is useless.
I see. I have things coming from Malaysia and Brazil now, both with tracking#. I will let you know what happen then.
Old 08-27-2015, 02:53 PM   #5
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Wow that sucks and ridiculous service, why take away an option that was there previously? I guess it's some sort of cost savings to canadapost?
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 03:01 PM   #6
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

Are you sure that was always there? My experience mostly has been that I track the package on the foreign side (e.g. USPS) until it comes in to Canada - it's invisible to CP until then.

"Registered Mail™ International, Small Packet™ - USA and Small Packet – International" - all of these are the services to send packages from CP to the US/International destinations, not tracking services for items incoming to us.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread Updated DEC 28 2023
thebobkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 03:11 PM   #7
MULTIPLEX

100% certain. Tracking details was displayed from beginning to end. I use it daily (I order a lot ). I even use their phone app regularly to show the Canada Post main branch near me that I have a package in their sort facility. I've had lots of lost and misdelivered parcels and that tracking info was crucial in search process for me. I'm sure it's still available, Canada Post are just not showing it any more.

Speaking of Malaysia. Here is an example of something I ordered recently that used to show full tracking details in Canada Posts Tracking System. Now it shows this message.

So if I go to the Malaysian postal site to track this. There is what I get...

So basically what this is showing me, is Canada Post is telling us to track our registered packages from the country of origin's postal site but they are not even giving them back the tracking info once it arrives in Canada and details of it's path before it's delivered.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:28 PM   #8
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

Checking on my phone I can see all the details of previously received international packages, all except a laptop charger I got from Hong Kong last week. I was tracking it last week, that's how I knew it was delivered, now they can't find any details on that tracking number.
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 07:08 PM   #9
Megatron75
Alternator

I'm not familiar with that particular shipping option however I frequently receive packages from the USA via USPS First Class Mail. Generally speaking, those packages are fully trackable from door to door.
Megatron75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:23 PM   #10
MULTIPLEX

Funny post...

Quote:
morrah 36 points 10 hours ago*

As a (not happy) Canada Post employee, I can tell you that we still scan anything international with a barcode starting with an 'R'.* They have the data uploaded at every point of sorting, barring scanner issues (which are rampant, admittedly), and as employees we get in trouble for not scanning everything registered, so it's beyond me why they won't let the customers have access to that data stating where their shit is.
Furthermore, we haven't been updated as employees regarding changes in tracking or what we scan. I only know about this through reddit.. Not a word said at work. Under the radar in every sense, and pointless at that - they literally have the information sitting there, newly unavailable.
for the curious people, the standard cpc barcodes get scanned along with stuff starting with r. The rest of the labels don't get scanned even though they sometimes have useful sorting info - mostly lm and ln barcodes. I'd guess it's because they never get uploaded to any tracking service so they would just mess up the numbers?
I'll be going into my local sort facility tomorrow to express my disapproval. I guess that's all we can do at this point