Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-10-2014, 11:06 PM   #1
CanBot
Cybertron
How picky would you be in this case?

So MP Prowl showed up (Hasbro), and I'm really impressed.

But since the world isn't a perfect place , there are two tiny little spots/scratches on the windshield. I'm the kinda guy whose eye goes right to that kind of stuff.

I've decided to not bother with the hassle of a return, and who knows? Maybe the next one could be worse, or some other thing.

But just out of curiosity, would you guys try to return him with that (albeit small) issue?

I realize they're toys, but they're also top of the line toys in the TF world, and I can accept some mistakes but...it's always tough to pay MP price and get something less than perfect.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:17 PM   #2
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!
Re: How picky would you be in this case?

Picture might help. How little is little? Sounds like normal to me.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 12:04 AM   #3
steamwhistle
Crossover

i feel your pain...

Me, I have a suck-it-up mentality for myself. It would bug me slightly, but nowhere near the point of wanting to return to the store to exchange it.

One time, my brother and I each got a new computer monitor... Same model... his ended up having a single faulty pixel which was bugging him. Mine was perfect. He wanted to exchange his. And he probably would have. I ended up just swapping monitors with him. I can tolerate the blown pixel.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 12:08 AM   #4
elburrito
Animated

I've seen worse issues with MP Prowl, like poor alignment of the leg connection in alt mode for example. Maybe try a little clear coat on the spots. Works for speedy autoglass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBot View Post

But since the world isn't a perfect place , there are two tiny little spots/scratches on the windshield. I'm the kinda guy whose eye goes right to that kind of stuff.

I've decided to not bother with the hassle of a return, and who knows? Maybe the next one could be worse, or some other thing.

But just out of curiosity, would you guys try to return him with that (albeit small) issue?

I realize they're toys, but they're also top of the line toys in the TF world, and I can accept some mistakes but...it's always tough to pay MP price and get something less than perfect.

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 01:43 AM   #5
pulsedragon20
I win

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwhistle View Post
i feel your pain...

Me, I have a suck-it-up mentality for myself. It would bug me slightly, but nowhere near the point of wanting to return to the store to exchange it.

One time, my brother and I each got a new computer monitor... Same model... his ended up having a single faulty pixel which was bugging him. Mine was perfect. He wanted to exchange his. And he probably would have. I ended up just swapping monitors with him. I can tolerate the blown pixel.
I can tolerate it depending on where the dead pixel is. If it's dead centre, not really but if it's more or less off to the sides, then I'll keep it.
pulsedragon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 01:44 AM   #6
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBot View Post

Go buy another one from Toy's R Us website and then return whichever is worse... that's not very tough to do. I would be picky about it especially if I paid full price.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 09:00 PM   #7
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

Depending on how deep it is, I would use car scratch remover, works like a charm...otherwise if it's bad enough I would just exchange it...
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 01:17 AM   #8
CanBot
Cybertron

Yeah, it's really not large at all. We're talking two specks. I was considering picking up another and pray/choose, but then I'm not sure how much time I have left with the return shipping policy.

Funny you guys mention the blown pixel thing, I had one a while back and it was a display model. About 3 blown pixels. Always bugged me. Monitor died before I ever bothered to replace it.

I guess I'm answering my own question. Thanks for the tips, guys. The legs are kinda loose as well, but other areas are tight as anything. It's going back while I still have the option.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:30 AM   #9
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

How often will you display it in vehicle mode?
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 12:21 PM   #10
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

If it's really bothering you just return it! If your worried about the cost reselling it down the road, that would depend who would by it.

I have a MP SS with a paint a bad Paint smudge on the head sheild.

Looks like it fell over while drying

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote