Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-16-2013, 05:25 PM   #1
Vorahk
Energon
MP Soundwave ehhhhh i dunno.

Alright since everyone is all hunting for mp soundwave and congrats to everyone who got theirs but i am kinda wondering...why the hell am i going all hard for this thing? To be truthful if i did get him i'd just turn around and trade him to someone here or tfw2005 for something else. I have no mp figs, mostly cause i've passed on the last 4. Passed on skywarp, passed on rodimus, passed on prime, and bought thundercracker but first chance i got sold him. I don't even really like classic soundwave really either. Can anyone prove to me this transformer is worth all this or you know me shelling out what 120 bucks on him?
Vorahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:32 PM   #2
Hellboy
Alternator
Re: MP Soundwave ehhhhh i dunno.

I don't think he's worth $120 but I do want him. I love the MPs (the Hasbro versions anyway) as I consider them to be the best of the best when it comes to the toys.

Straight G1 Reissues I have no desire for but the MPs are what I dreamed of my TFs being like when I was a kid. I think if you have no love for G1 characters then the MPs really do seem like a big waste.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:56 PM   #3
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Not worth it without any emotional investment.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #4
Nazarite
Masterpiece Collector

If you didn't like the original SoundWave, It doesn't sound like anyone would be able to 'prove' to you it's worth when it's not worth anything to you. I have a few masterpiece figures, but only those I truly love and enjoy. I have no interest in owning them all. But SoundWave was an awesome and elusive toy when I was little. I finally get to own him. But not just any Soundwave the definitive version. That really is the who reasoning behind the masterpiece series TFs. It's proof enough for me.
Nazarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #5
Robbler
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
Not worth it without any emotional investment.
I'd agree with this. I had some extra money come in after paying for college and everything else, so I had a little bit to buy myself something nice.

In the end it came down to MP Soundwave or Play Arts Cloud & Hardy Daytona, I went with the Play Arts. As much as I love TF and Transformers, Final Fantasy VII has a bigger role in my life than anything else so it was the right choice for me.

It really does depend on how you feel about it. You really gotta love it. Because even if you love it now, you might not a week from now.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:07 PM   #6
protoform_ironhide
Commander

It doesn't worth anything. It is just a piece of plastic wrap around with a nicely printed paper box.... Hmmmmm~~~~~ plastic wraps with paper box...... Grrrrrrrrgh......(drooling all over the place)
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:09 PM   #7
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorahk View Post
Can anyone prove to me this transformer is worth all this or you know me shelling out what 120 bucks on him?
It's like any other toy, either you like it or you don't, either you think it's worth the price or you don't think it is.

There's nothing to prove. It's like asking someone to prove chocolate is the best flavor ice cream ever.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:10 PM   #8
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

In a way, you're lucky. If he holds no special appeal to you AND you're MP freely then you save $120 and a massive headache.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:17 PM   #9
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

If you're not a fan of G1 Soundwave, yeah, not worth it.

If you ARE, OR you're a fan of well-engineered cassettes, GET IT.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:20 PM   #10
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

It's a toy that's worth pennies, yet intrinsically priceless if you love G1 Transformers, especially G1 Soundwave.

As someone who owns this magnificent mold I say don't be a mindless sheep being led off a cliff by the herd. The leap is only worth it if you really want it.

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote