Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 08-23-2011, 08:31 PM   #1
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus
Canada Post Question

Ok, so apparently my Sideburn figure was delievered a couple days ago.. to my old address. Now, I changed my address with the club months ago, and in two different places on their site and yet they still mailed it to the wrong address.

So, I get the call from the current tenants that a small box and some letters had been delivered to them. But they had already given them to a relative to take back to the post office. Why they didn't call first is a mystery..

I plan on going down in the morning to see what the post office has to say.

Anyone have any similar experience?? How long would the post office have it on hand before they return to sender??

Thanks

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:58 AM   #2
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus
Re: Canada Post Question

Well, it seems I'm SOL.. The post office was less than helpful. Anything that comes in return to sender is apparently immediately returned.. They must have some magical black hole under the counter since they couldn't even check for me.

I've worked with the public for years, I at least make a show of checking things, usually makes things easier. And they couldn't even do that.

Guess she was in a hurry to continue chatting with her co-workers like when I came in.

I'm going to have to try contacting the club, maybe they can re-send it if it gets back to them. But I have to decide if it would be worth the shipping cost, which is usually high with them.. I can't see them shipping twice for free.

This week just isn't turning out all that great.

Last edited by Akroyer; 08-24-2011 at 09:27 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:31 AM   #3
Slayback
Animated

guess you didn't do a forwarding address with the post office? ..
And if you changed your address on their site - i don't see why they won't resend without charging you.

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815
Slayback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:21 AM   #4
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

I did have one, but it expired in July. But I did my address change with the club back in the spring. I'm looking for my email from them now about it, since they didn't have a spot for province, I emailed them about it. So I should have my proof that I changed my address months before they did the mailings.

Hopefully I get him in the end, I'm just rather disappointed since I was looking forward to see him soon with everyone getting theirs.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:13 AM   #5
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions

Well the club should take responsibility for shipping to the wrong address. As well,WTF with the tenants? Telling you AFTER they returned it? Weird.

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:37 PM   #6
pud333
Animated

You should be fine with the club if they shipped to the wrong address. So long as you have proof of address change, I can't see how they could avoid taking responsibility.

pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:22 PM   #7
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMarknus View Post
Well the club should take responsibility for shipping to the wrong address. As well,WTF with the tenants? Telling you AFTER they returned it? Weird.
I know, blew my mind that they went through the phonebook to call, but after they let someone take it back to the post office

I found the email when I asked the club about my address change. So, I'll wait to Sept 1st as they requested everyone and then contact them about it.

I hope it goes ok, I really want my Sideburn figure

Had I dreamed any of this would have happened I would have renewed my address change with the post office. But, having filed the change with them months earlier I didn't think it would have been necessary at all. Or if the figure had of shipped on time in the spring the Post Office change would have caught it for me.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:05 PM   #8
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus
Re: TFCC Shipping Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
You should be fine with the club if they shipped to the wrong address. So long as you have proof of address change, I can't see how they could avoid taking responsibility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMarknus View Post
Sent them the email today, and the answer I have from them so far has been pretty flat.

They told me the last club magazine was sent to "X" address.. which was my old address of course. Which I changed back in April. Which I had emailed about back then. And that was all.

Basically we sent it to this address and it came back, oh well.

So I replied that I had made my address change almost 3 months before Sideburn shipped out, who I had been in contact with when I did it. And I'm still waiting for a reply to that.

Cross my fingers I guess. I would have liked an expression of some concern from them that I didn't get my figure. And maybe there was a problem somewhere. But with the curt response I got, I get the impression that they don't really care all that much. We shall see.