Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-29-2018, 03:44 PM   #1
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Considering Predaking in 2018

Predaking has always been a favoirte among fans, no doubt. And we have seen several incarnations of the character, including the official G! and the impending Titan Class versions. There are also various third party homages, including TFC Ares, MMC Feral Rex, Unique Toys War Lord and even the Jinbao KO. In fact, one could even consider the re-imagining of the character with the same name during Beast Hunters. Undoubtedly, and for very good reason, Feral Rex has been, and still is, considered by many to be the hands down best offering. However, in the modern age of figures, changing collector habits and price fluctuations, is the choice still easy and clear cut? This is not a comparison, it is simply a basic overview of what is out there now that is service as an introduction of a couple of upcoming series.
https://youtu.be/u5p92Ryo9N4
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 07:37 PM   #2
legenddkillaa
Banned
Re: Considering Predaking in 2018

Everyone, please visit GotBot's YouTube page!
legenddkillaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:35 PM   #3
predahank
Storing is hoarding

Feral Rex is still amazing, super solid. My only gripe is his size. I though the JB os ko would solve the problem but you're getting exactly what you pay for, cheap plastic and a floppy mess. Ares isn't bad but warlord's a piece of crap imo
I've owned all of these at one point and feral rex is still the king.
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 11:40 PM   #4
theoneyouknowleast
Classic

Are there any that are more in scale with the other chug combiners?

My Sales Thread
My Wanted Thread
My Feedback Thread

Looking For: Nothing Right Now
theoneyouknowleast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 08:43 PM   #5
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by predahank View Post
Feral Rex is still amazing, super solid. My only gripe is his size. I though the JB os ko would solve the problem but you're getting exactly what you pay for, cheap plastic and a floppy mess. Ares isn't bad but warlord's a piece of crap imo
I've owned all of these at one point and feral rex is still the king.
He is amazing but, to be fair, that combined mode has articulation hindrances. I think it depends on your goal for a representation of the character. I am a little shocked to hear your thoughts about the OS KO. As I will show up and coming, the one I have experienced is anything but floppy. Very interesting take. Ares....yikes, the dude falls apart. Mind you, he LOOKS pretty unique and stellar. As for war lord, if we care comparing him at the original 500 bucks when he was released, you are right. Times have changed, as have prices and while there is NO DEBATE to be had that Rex is indeed the king, I wonder if Warlord has gotten a raw deal? As for poor ole Ares, he is where he always has been, caught in the middle,lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneyouknowleast View Post
Are there any that are more in scale with the other chug combiners?
War Lord. They are all about the same height, except the OS, but just stylistically, War Lord fits them best.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:59 PM   #6
predahank
Storing is hoarding

Maybe it was just my copy of the OS ko that sucked. He didn't stand very well and there was no chance in hell of him holding the sword in any manner. My expectations were muted but it was still a let down. It arrived in the mail on a Tuesday and sold on a Wednesday
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 01:35 AM   #7
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Maybe it was just my copy of the OS ko that sucked. He didn't stand very well and there was no chance in hell of him holding the sword in any manner. My expectations were muted but it was still a let down. It arrived in the mail on a Tuesday and sold on a Wednesday
I sold mine too. Its not just your copy, they are all like that.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 06:54 AM   #8
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
I sold mine too. Its not just your copy, they are all like that.
Sounds like it was an unfortunate case of too good to be true. Goes to show two things though. 1, indeed everyone has different experiences and likes. 2, KO is a hit or miss risk. Sorry to hear that you both ended up disappointed with him. It always stinks when excitement gets dashed.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:54 AM   #9
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

My OS is fine but I bought him way after the original release and until someone else comes up with another "MP Scaled" Predaking he stays.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 08:44 AM   #10
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

I love Rex, and War Lord looks really good combined. His sword is amazing too.

Hasbro will be showing Predaking two weeks from now, and the opinions will be mixed at best.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote